John Bongiovi interested in buying the Bills

Doc

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of thoughts:

1.) Why break this news now? I do hope Ralphie is ok....

2.) Regardless of who buys this team; the world will be falling for many people on here and the new owner will mean the end of the world for them

3.) JK has said for years he has things lined up; for all you know JBJ is part of this....

4.) I would still be shocked to see RWs heirs sell to a group that would move them team; yes money talks but he has been unwilling to move them so far - why would he just sell his legacy off? His Wife did a lot with the Bills, his daughter worked for them and there is at least one family member who works for them (I forgot her name)

Don't worry, it's just Toronto fish wrap making false claims. Terry Pegula and Tom Golisano have the inside track on the Bills given their money, ties to Buffalo, and experience owning professional sports teams. And Poloncarz said he won't talk to anyone interested in moving the team.

Poloncarz is not a player in any of this. This is big boy business… politicians get eaten for lunch by these guys. If someone is ready to pay $1b for the team and is lined up with someone ready to build and lease to them a $1b stadium, breaking the Ralph lease will be the least of their worries. All kinds of groups have Pegula/Golisano $$ or more, the ties to Buffalo thing is irrelevant as every NFL owner will vote to move it to a real market. It is regrettable, but WNY has no shot at keeping the team if big $$ shows up. We've know this for years..none of this is news.

The chances of the Bills staying in WNY after Ralph passes are nil and none. That's a given, no one is spending a Billion $$ on a team and then running it in WNY. Ralph runs it there because he paid 25 grand for the team.

That's not a given. We are an original AFL team and we have a lot of history here. Not to mention the best fans in the league. I don't think the NFL wants us to move. Although he's a Steelers fan, the commish is from here and he knows what it means to this area

Poloncarz is not a player in any of this. This is big boy business… politicians get eaten for lunch by these guys. If someone is ready to pay $1b for the team and is lined up with someone ready to build and lease to them a $1b stadium, breaking the Ralph lease will be the least of their worries. All kinds of groups have Pegula/Golisano $$ or more, the ties to Buffalo thing is irrelevant as every NFL owner will vote to move it to a real market. It is regrettable, but WNY has no shot at keeping the team if big $$ shows up. We've know this for years..none of this is news.

Who, exactly, is that "someone ready to build and lease to them a $1b stadium"? LA has busted out as a location exactly because no one has or can build such a place without public money.

I doubt Larry Tanenbaum would keep any presense in Buffalo, if he and Bon Jovi bought the team. This would likely be a Toronto only team.

My guess is that Poloncarz knew about the Bon Jovi/Tanenbaum situation, which explains why he was so dismissive of Bon Jovi.

Edited by DollarBills

A couple of thoughts:

1.) Why break this news now? I do hope Ralphie is ok....

2.) Regardless of who buys this team; the world will be falling for many people on here and the new owner will mean the end of the world for them

3.) JK has said for years he has things lined up; for all you know JBJ is part of this....

4.) I would still be shocked to see RWs heirs sell to a group that would move them team; yes money talks but he has been unwilling to move them so far - why would he just sell his legacy off? His Wife did a lot with the Bills, his daughter worked for them and there is at least one family member who works for them (I forgot her name)

Mary Owens

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/10/08/Game-Changers/Mary-Owen.aspx

That's not a given. We are an original AFL team and we have a lot of history here. Not to mention the best fans in the league. I don't think the NFL wants us to move. Although he's a Steelers fan, the commish is from here and he knows what it means to this area

Cleveland had three times the history and perhaps the greatest player of all time, Baltimore won championships and one of the greatest QB's in NFL history, Oakland was an original AFL team with multiple SuperBowl wins...

Money rules all the decisions Every city has great fans except in Florida and Los Angeles. The lackluster fan interest in LA may be the best chance a team doesn't move there. Honestly people in California could care less if LA gets a team.

I agree the NFL probably doesn't want the Bills to move. But they also want a franchise that can attract big corporate dollars. That doesn't exist in Buffalo. Doesn't exist in Green Bay either but they will never move as they are owned by the city.

I'm not sure the NFL thinks Toronto is a good idea either. The NBA can not win there. Free agency is a tremendous part of the sucsuccess or failure of NFL teams. The Canadian tax situation makes FA very difficult.

Sounds like a real dick move with Richie Sambora. If you treat your lifelong partner that way, I don't like what it says about you.

PTR

Right there with you , if he has no loyalty to a guy that has been through it all with him from day one then he will have 0 loyalty to the city of Buffalo & it's fans he is all about the money which i would rather have Tom Golisano that use to own the Sabres as our owner he said he would keep the Bills in B/lo where they belong !!!

Edited by T master

1. He's a hockey fan and he had his hands full with the Sabres.

2. I thought I read you can't be a majority owner of both an nhl team and nfl

I'm really upset that Mr. Wilson won't consider selling to ensure the team stays in Buffalo. Isn't he concerned with his legacy? That all goes out the window if the team moves. Or he can sell now to the Jim Kelly group and be remembered as a hero. I don't get it

I agree, and the thing is he doesn't even need to sell it now, he could just hammer out a fair deal with the Kelly group that becomes in effect when he dies.

I still don't understand why the public ownership structure like green bay has isn't allowed anymore. They're a winning organization with a loyal fan base like Buff, and are controlled by a board of directors that will always keep the franchise in Green Bay.

Ralph is so lame.

I still don't understand why the public ownership structure like green bay has isn't allowed anymore. They're a winning organization with a loyal fan base like Buff, and are controlled by a board of directors that will always keep the franchise in Green Bay.

IMO, you answered your own question. The league owners benefit when franchises are sold, and when they can't move, it limits the sale price. 2 strikes against the Green Bay model.

kj

IMO, you answered your own question. The league owners benefit when franchises are sold, and when they can't move, it limits the sale price. 2 strikes against the Green Bay model.

kj

The Jags, Rams and Browns all sold for a market price recently. None were being moved nor was moving them an issue in their sale. In fact, none of them could move when they were purchased.

The author of the article also has written things like "Buffalo is not important enough to hate."