Jameis Winston on track to be just like Big Ben?

Hapless Bills Fan

Probably cause its assumed that a women is not strong enough to pin a man down and force him to have sex against his will where a man would be...now if the guy is passed out that's a different story

That is not what is being said or what the law is about. Nobody has do any pinning or forcing. From what I can tell the girl can be totally into and because she was bombed it is considered rape - can't consent when you're bombed.

Which I do believe means pretty much all of us should be in jail.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winston may be innocent, or there may be ambiguity about consent.

For most women, I would bet that an evening of consensual sex doesn't end with a rape kit. In this case it did.

While I agree with the idea that Athletes are pampered and spoiled if you think this has anything to do with anything but the Heisman you are mistaken.

That said he most certainly will be negatively affected in the Heisman race. The timing is more than a coincidence imo.

Really? This came out now to ruin his chances of winning the Heisman? I know Nov 22 (and the 50th anniversary no less) puts many in the mood for a conspiracy theory or two, but this one's out there...

Likely, true or not, it has cost him the Heisman also.

Who cares? It's a useless award quickly forgotten by next year and bestowed on countless players who busted out in the NFL.

I agree. Rape allegations like this are also the worst to sort out, it's almost entirely he said, she said. Then add on it all the politics. The duke lacrosse scandal comes to mind.

That woman has jsut been arrested for stabbing her boyfriend to death.

Edited by Mr. WEO

If you really want to know, here is a good link and here is the statement by the victim's family.

1040EZ summary:

1) according to the police, the case was not pursued after Feb. because the victim informed them she no longer wished to pursue charges and could not be contacted

According to her lawyer, she stopped cooperating after that helpful talk with the police letting her know how hard it would be on her to pursue a rape charge in that town---and that they were refusing to request a DNA specimen from Winston. Seems like she gave up at that point, figuring the odds were stacked agaisnt her.

Actually, she was just convicted of the murder.

You are correct.

A friend of mine was on that team, he actually filmed the entire event, and his camera was confiscated by police. They still charged the team anyways, and he never did get his camera back.

Outside of that event, I have seen first hand intoxicated women be all about it one night, and then the next day or weekend try to claim they were assaulted.

So forgive me if I am a septic here, but two sworn affidavits seem to clear the kids name. If it truly is assault, then it should be made a deal right then and there, not weeks or months later. Besides, right or wrong kids like Winston get chicks throwing themselves at them night and day. I have a hard time believing he has to assault someone for some action.

Wow...the aspect in this case that gives me pause is she went to the hospital, reported an assault, and had a rape examination done. I would think that this is not pleasent and not something that would be undertaken unless the girl truly felt assaulted.

I agree. Rape allegations like this are also the worst to sort out, it's almost entirely he said, she said. Then add on it all the politics. The duke lacrosse scandal comes to mind.

No, the Duke lacrosse scandal was definitively proven to be a hoax, like Tawana Brawley. It was not, ultimately, a "he said she said" situation.

Wow...the aspect in this case that gives me pause is she went to the hospital, reported an assault, and had a rape examination done. I would think that this is not pleasent and not something that would be undertaken unless the girl truly felt assaulted.

Could it be another case like that top college prospect where the white girl didn't want it to get out that she was with a black guy, and claimed rape?

He denied even being with the girl all along until the dna test correct? I seem to remember him claiming to have an alibi proven by two witnesses. Can somebody confirm this? If he denied all along and now is claiming consent the guilt meter leans a little towards yes.

If what you're saying is true, I have to agree with your assessment.

He won't be helped by the police. If anything, the police are also going to be screwed.

The police already tried to help when they threw in "assailant was 5'9'--5'11" in the police report. I'm surprised they didn't just put "albino dwarf".

Edited by Mr. WEO

That is not what is being said or what the law is about. Nobody has do any pinning or forcing. From what I can tell the girl can be totally into and because she was bombed it is considered rape - can't consent when you're bombed.

Which I do believe means pretty much all of us should be in jail.

If "pretty much all of you(r acquaintance)" have sex with strangerswho are so blitzed or buzzed that their ability to consent is in question, or while so blitzed or buzzed yourselves that your ability to assess this is nil..........

............................pretty much.

If "pretty much all of you(r acquaintance)" have sex with strangerswho are so blitzed or buzzed that their ability to consent is in question, or while so blitzed or buzzed yourselves that your ability to assess this is nil..........

............................pretty much.

Do you remember college?

He won't be helped by the police. If anything, the police are also going to be screwed.

Maybe so. I don't understand why she blames the police for telling her that going forward with charges is a big deal. Did she not know this until she asked a detective? There are many other unanswered questions as well. For instance, I would like to know if any person from FSU made contact with the victim.

I don't have enough info to form an opinion. This, and I am still sick to my stomach about Penn State.

I'm thinking this woman wants to keep this "inactive" until this QB gets drafted in the first round so she can then make a claim.

Good call - she probably planned this so 3-4 years later when the kid who hadn't played a snap yet gets drafted in the first round she could get rich.

Maybe so. I don't understand why she blames the police for telling her that going forward with charges is a big deal. Did she not know this until she asked a detective? There are many other unanswered questions as well. For instance, I would like to know if any person from FSU made contact with the victim.

I don't have enough info to form an opinion. This, and I am still sick to my stomach about Penn State.

I'm sure you could see that this message conveyed from a friend could be very different than a police officer who you may already think is in your attackers corner?

(Of course the disclaimer that I'm not arguing jameis is an attacker, just saying if you take her story at face value, that part isn't that strange)

Edited by NoSaint

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.