Official Playoff Possibilities Thread

eball

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo had it for the taking buf they couldnt hold on to the ball.......

They are mathematically still alive....but its still the same as it was last week

1. Buffalo needs to win out

2. Jets lose one

3. dolphins lose 2 (1 would be to BUF)

4. Ravens lose 2

5. Tennessee lose 2

6. San Diego lose 2

7. Pittsburgh lose 2

8. Cleveland lose 1

9. Oakland lose 1

Buffalo is in 2nd place at 8-8 and only tied with Baltimore and everyone else is 7-9 or worse.

There is a scenario where BUF could edge SD at 8-8 in a tiebreaker.

Edited by djp14150

They are mathematically still alive....but its still the same as it was last week

2. Jets lose one

4. Ravens lose 2

5. Tennessee lose 2

6. San Diego lose 2

7. Pittsburgh lose 2

8. Cleveland lose 1

9. Oakland lose 1

Buffalo is in 2nd place at 8-8 and only tied with Baltimore and everyone else is 7-9 or worse.

Let it go man...Let it go!

BacUCyqCAAAG1uf.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2. Jets lose one

4. Ravens lose 2

5. Tennessee lose 2

6. San Diego lose 2

7. Pittsburgh lose 2

8. Cleveland lose 1

9. Oakland lose 1

Please...please....please. Just stop. It's heart wrenching.

playoffs as a whole.....

IND magic number is 1 to clinch division---either then winning or TEN losing.

CIN magic number for clinching the division is 3---either them winning, or both BAL& PIT losing (consider a loss by one of them a 1/2 pt)

DEN has the tiebreaker on KC so effectively 2 games ahead of KC.

NE has a magic number of 2 to clinch division.

DEN magic number is 1 to clinch a WC spot.

KC magic number for clinching a WC is 2 between them winning and MIA and BAL losing

As of now BAL has the edge in the WC because of H2H win against MIA. But if they end up tied at 9-7 and both go 3-1 and one of the 5-7 teams finish 4-0 to finish 9-7 then MIA likely would have the edge in conference record for tiebreakers for the final WC spot

Edited by djp14150

2. Jets lose one

4. Ravens lose 2

5. Tennessee lose 2

6. San Diego lose 2

7. Pittsburgh lose 2

8. Cleveland lose 1

9. Oakland lose 1

I would say that the situation is quite dire.

Time to close down the thread! I haven't been this upset over a loss in years.

Believe it or not, they still have a solid shot if they win out, which I know everyone will say is impossible. Using the espn playoff machine, if you give wins to the teams that rank higher in their power rankings the rest of the season and flip one game (GB over Pitt) and make the Bills win out, the Bills would get in at 8-8. At the very least, if they beat TB, Jax and Miami, they should be mathematically alive going into the final week.

I know people get exasperated about the mere mention of the Bills in the playoffs because they are frustrated with the losses and constantly being let down by the Bills. I really get that. But what you have to understand is that the last wild card spot will likely go to a team with a mediocre record, and with three very winnable games coming up for the Bills, there's still a shot.

Believe it or not, they still have a solid shot if they win out, which I know everyone will say is impossible. Using the espn playoff machine, if you give wins to the teams that rank higher in their power rankings the rest of the season and flip one game (GB over Pitt) and make the Bills win out, the Bills would get in at 8-8. At the very least, if they beat TB, Jax and Miami, they should be mathematically alive going into the final week.

I know people get exasperated about the mere mention of the Bills in the playoffs because they are frustrated with the losses and constantly being let down by the Bills. I really get that. But what you have to understand is that the last wild card spot will likely go to a team with a mediocre record, and with three very winnable games coming up for the Bills, there's still a shot.

Thanks man.

I really needed to hear something positive like this.

LOLOLOLOL. The problem is is that there are ZERO "very winnable games" for a team like the bills.

With 22 pages this thread should be locked, stored in a vault in the middle of no where and set on fire. When everything is destroyed, the remains should be sealed in a lock box, dropped into a solid block of curing concrete and dumped in the Pacific Ocean above the Mariana's Trench during the next time the Monsters from Pacific Rim come through the rift.

With 22 pages this thread should be locked, stored in a vault in the middle of no where and set on fire. When everything is destroyed, the remains should be sealed in a lock box, dropped into a solid block of curing concrete and dumped in the Pacific Ocean above the Mariana's Trench during the next time the Monsters from Pacific Rim come through the rift.

LOLOLOLOLOL :thumbsup:

Dude we havent won 2 in a row all year and you're talking about winning out, 4 in a row, 3 on the road including the Pats at their home field. Plus every future loss of teams ahead of us has to go just right. Good luck with that. Soon you wont have to go to ESPN to play around to find some miracle path to the playoffs and being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs will be a cold hard fact.

I think it would be good enough to hermetically seal it in a mayonnaise jar and stick it under Funk & Wagnell's porch.

Thanks man.

I really needed to hear something positive like this.

No problem. I recognize this thread will continue to get overrun by angry, frustrated fans who lash out at playoff talk as a defense mechanism, but if they win games they can still make it.

Of course, I'll grant that it's unlikely they can win out. But I don't think it's impossible that they will beat 2 of the worst teams in the league, TB and Jax, each of whom have fewer wins than the Bills, as well as a team they've already beaten (on the road with a backup QB), Miami.

As I mentioned, if they win those 3, I think they have a good shot to be alive going into week 17, which would be cool.