For those of you who gave up on EJ.....

26CornerBlitz

EJ was promising today. He showed some solid accuracy on throws he had struggled with earlier in the year, and he took shots downfield that he was checking down from in earlier contests. There were so many times Goodwin was open vs PIT and he didn't throw him the ball it drove me crazy. I almost wonder if it was a really good thing for him that his short security blankets in SJ13 and Woods were out, with Rex pressing up close and leaving the top open. That combo basically forced him to throw downfield.

I would like to see a few more of these performances down the stretch. Hopefully he's learned he can totally take and hit shots deep, and will build off of this.

Here's to more performances like this one!

Edited by BlueFire

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 pts I would like to make or agree with.

1. I think it is absolutely fair that anyone was concerned with EJ's performance against the steelers only because of the checkdown throws and lack of taking shots downfield.

2. Anyone who wasn't completely impressed today needs to watch again. As was mentioned before it is great to see that he can have a game like the one he played last week and put it behind him and come out and play with poise and confidence the next week.

3. Today EJ showed that he has what it takes upstairs to succeed in this league as far as learning the looks a defense is throwing at you and then learning how to beat it. He saw the same defense twice for the first time in his career and it's safe to say he beat it pretty well.

Sounds crazy but were still in the hunt mathematically and that's enough for me to believe. See everyone at the Ralph against the Fish. Go Bills!

I wouldn't say excellent accuracy as WRs had to adjust on many passes but he played a hell of a lot better, that's for sure. Still Want Manziel as he is a difference maker, not many freshman can come in and dominate and win the Heisman and this year he is even better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: The Jets would have knocked Manziel out of the game yesterday after his weak armed passes resulted in 3 or 4 picks in the windy conditions at RWS yesterday. WRT to EJ and accuracy, next time watch the game with your eyes opened.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I wouldn't say excellent accuracy as WRs had to adjust on many passes but he played a hell of a lot better, that's for sure. Still Want Manziel as he is a difference maker, not many freshman can come in and dominate and win the Heisman and this year he is even better.

EJ will have a far better pro career than Manziel. Put this post in a time capsule and dig it up in 5 years.

Manziel=Colt McCoy

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

EJ still threw the "out" all day long until he hit tj and the Goodwin on some long ones, those 2 were nice but that's exactly what Edwards used to do, throw short all day and then sneak a go route in for a TD here or there. WHERE are the intermediate routes? he threw none today, he looks like crap to me actually. why should I feel better about him exactly? tuel hit Goodwin for the same exact td the other week.

Are you trolling?

He didn't look like Peyton Manning out there.....but crap???? Really?

How can you possibly call his performance crap.....and if you can somehow feel justified about it......what adjective would you use to describe his performance last week or Geno's performance today?

Agree with both posts above. Like it or not, they're accurate and factual. Realist here; sorry. Now, I thoroughly enjoyed the W today, and it was fun being a Bills fan!

And shame on you for agreeing with such nonsense.

EJ will have a far better pro career than Manziel. Put this post in a time capsule and dig it up in 5 years.

Manziel=Colt McCoy

Actually Manziel = a shorter version of Tebow or VY. Now enough of the ridiculous Manziel talk. There are plenty of threads devoted to Johnny Flameout in the CFB Forum: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/forum/29-college-football/

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Was pretty self explanatory Jets play well one week then not the next

Interesting. So the win has nothing to do with the play of our defense? Nothing to do with Manuel throwing the ball well? The jets were made to play badly yesterday and it had nothing to do with the calendar.

Been saying that all year, it's either a 3 yard pass or a bomb. Where are the 15-20 yard passes

And what is the deal with screen passes? Bills were great at them last year but have trouble even completing the pass this year

One thought on each point. It's only one play, but CBS showed a wide shot of one of EJ's deep balls. Every receiver was going deep on the play. There was no intermediate. I can't say that's always the case, but it was on that one play. Could be some redesign is needed. Regarding screen passes...it's all about timing. On a couple yesterday (the one where FJ got caught from behind comes to mind) the ball came out too quick. It's a fine line between getting it out early (before the defense gets sucked in) and on time (d-line is past the RB). Hopefully this is something that they will continue to get better at.

Been saying that all year, it's either a 3 yard pass or a bomb. Where are the 15-20 yard passes

And what is the deal with screen passes? Bills were great at them last year but have trouble even completing the pass this year

On one of the screens to Freddy yesterday, everything was set up perfectly and it was poised to go for huge yardage but either Wilkerson or Richardson (I don't remember which one) was able to shed his block and made a fantastic, saving tackle. They were close.

EJ still threw the "out" all day long until he hit tj and the Goodwin on some long ones, those 2 were nice but that's exactly what Edwards used to do, throw short all day and then sneak a go route in for a TD here or there. WHERE are the intermediate routes? he threw none today, he looks like crap to me actually. why should I feel better about him exactly? tuel hit Goodwin for the same exact td the other week.

EJ won his game, didnt throw any picks or pick 6's at that.

One game didn't make me give up on him, one game isn't change that back.

He played well. Some consistency would go a long ways in changing my mind.

sorry but I don't want to see Johnny attitude in B-lo

yea, who wants a guy that can pick up a crappy team, score 5 TD's, and will his team to wins.

Wow--super encouraging. From the article:

“The one thing you did see with EJ, I think we all saw it, was he was able to go through all of his progressions,” said Marrone. ”He got to number five in the progression at one time, the ball that he threw to Fred (Jackson), to the right, when you saw him move a little bit and throw it. He truly went clearly across the board. Those are the things that are encouraging.”