For those of you who gave up on EJ.....

26CornerBlitz

Not saying it wasn't but I wouldnt call his accuracy excellent on every pass either as was suggested

Was mentioned a lot today Jets have been an every other week team

Today is not the day to nit-pick about his accuracy. He connected on two perfectly-thrown deep balls (the second one to TJ, and the one to Goodwin), which has been his Achilles' heel all season. His intermediate throws were for the most part perfect. If anything, it was his short throws that were a bit off today - the screen game was a mess, but most of it had to do with the Jets' disruptive line.

Oh, and there were 20+ mph winds.

He was accurate as hell.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever their record is or was that was a very beatable Steelers team the Bills faced last week

And a rookie QB coming off an injury and five weeks of not playing. But that meant nothing.

Just go away.

I posted that incorrectly, it should have read all types of throws short, intermediate, and long. Not every single throw he made.

He played well today but let's keep it in perspective. He was still immediately eyeing his target and looks shakey in the pocket

He does look much better coming from under center then the gun which I think a lot of us have been calling for all season

He showed things today that I haven't seen all year. Subtle things, like feeling the pass rush and shifting to his left while keeping his eyes down field and throwing a deep pass that hit a double covered Goodwin in stride (and bounced off his hands).

This. 1st time these traits have been on display. In a season where no expected Blue-chippers were in the Draft, we saw the 1st 2 picked in a rematch today. Neither of them are an Andrew Luck. I still say draft a QB early next year. Looks to be a solid draft for the position.

And a rookie QB coming off an injury and five weeks of not playing. But that meant nothing.

Just go away.

What does that have to do with the Steelers being a beatable team last week?

Try and keep up

Today is not the day to nit-pick about his accuracy. He connected on two perfectly-thrown deep balls (the second one to TJ, and the one to Goodwin), which has been his Achilles' heel all season. His intermediate throws were for the most part perfect. If anything, it was his short throws that were a bit off today - the screen game was a mess, but most of it had to do with the Jets' disruptive line.

Oh, and there were 20+ mph winds.

He was accurate as hell.

The entire point of the conversation was specifically about his accuracy so let's try and read through before replying

Edited by Max997

im not sure who gave up on manuel.....but he threw one near 6 pick....underthrew graham by a mile on that TD etc etc. He was OK today.

This is always what happens on this board. Legit criticism for a player who hasnt shown us much. Then he has a decent game...and out come the ' oh how do feel now (name that player) criticizers'......

The OP of this thread was calling out all of the people who "gave up" on EJ......not those that rightly criticized him for his horrid performance last week.

What does that have to do with the Steelers being a beatable team last week?

Try and keep up

The entire point of the conversation was specifically about his accuracy so let's try and keep up with what's being talking about ok

Every team is beatable. And accuracy is exactly what I'd expect to be lacking coming off an injury and limited practice. We saw today what extra practice brings. EJ's accuracy, particularly in that wind, was fantastic.

Every team is beatable. And accuracy is exactly what I'd expect to be lacking coming off an injury and limited practice. We saw today what extra practice brings. EJ's accuracy, particularly in that wind, was fantastic.

What impressed me was the fact he played pretty well today without a solid running game and without our #1 & #2 WRs.

I'm not on the list... wipes sweat off forehead... PHEW!

Neither was Edward's Arm though. :flirt:

What impressed me was the fact he played pretty well today without a solid running game and without our #1 & #2 WRs.

Neither was Edward's Arm though. :flirt:

Precisely. 71% completion w/o top two receivers and no running game. No sacks. No turnovers. Very impressive.

Having never given up on him after six games like a lot of people, it's nice seeing what he can do with more than 3 days to practice coming off an injury that had him out for a month. He was starting to look good in the Cleveland game before he got injured. I would classify this as a great game by him. Bad weather conditions. Down his top two receivers. No running game. Those are all reasons for a rookie qb to lose and he got us a big win against a hated rival. Great game by the d too. I'd say great complete game but ST were awful. Regardless. Days like today are what keep me coming back despite games like the last two weeks.

GO BILLS!!!

Three things I liked seeing from EJ's game today:

He hit a sideline throw today, a little behind, buy it was a catch.

He hit Goodwin deep for a TD

He hit Chandler in the middle of the field on 3rd and long to kill the Jets hopes.

Those are the passes that if hit consistently can make a career.

He will struggle at times but he needs to find consistency. There were a couple designed passes that were of the one read variety but I think those were build up confidence type of passes and with a rookie who can blame the coaches?