For those of you who gave up on EJ.....

26CornerBlitz

What say you now? Excellent accuracy all day long on all throws short, intermediate, and long.

im not sure who gave up on manuel.....but he threw one near 6 pick....underthrew graham by a mile on that TD etc etc. He was OK today.

This is always what happens on this board. Legit criticism for a player who hasnt shown us much. Then he has a decent game...and out come the ' oh how do feel now (name that player) criticizers'.

So I guess we cant criticize a guy and make judgments in fear of having them play a 'decent' game.

Smacks of Kelsay,fitz...on and on and on.

EJ did look better today.GOOOD!!! lets see him continue with the progress. This game was won by the D. And EJ had a few good passes.Congrats on the long ball to Marquise.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit, last week gave me some doubts. But seeing him today dispelled them. He's probably going to have some bad days, and he's still looking for his first win on the road, but with a season of seasoning, followed by giving him an upgrade on the line and TE during the offseason I think this is going to be a great team in the coming years.

The most important of the game was the defense...by far.

They played well and did their part, no doubt! But the offense scored enough to give them breathing room, and allowed the Bills pass rush to pin their ears back and go after Geno.

My fav part of today was seeing Geno benched!! To those saying that Geno was better after that first game in week 3 :nana:

23 turnovers by the Jets this year, 22 from Geno :w00t:

Anyone who changed their mind this week who based their judgement on last week's performance is literally mentally ill, and should seek professional help.

He showed things today that I haven't seen all year. Subtle things, like feeling the pass rush and shifting to his left while keeping his eyes down field and throwing a deep pass that hit a double covered Goodwin in stride (and bounced off his hands).

Just like you can't get too down on a rook when he struggles, you can't get too up on him when he plays well. I'm happy to be sure but in the long run it's a single game. Consistency is the key hopefully we'll see a few more games like this one the rest of the way.

Geno Smith says hi

im not sure who gave up on manuel.....but he threw one near 6 pick....underthrew graham by a mile on that TD etc etc. He was OK today.

This is always what happens on this board. Legit criticism for a player who hasnt shown us much. Then he has a decent game...and out come the ' oh how do feel now (name that player) criticizers'.

So I guess we cant criticize a guy and make judgments in fear of having them play a 'decent' game.

EJ did look better today.GOOOD!!! lets see him continue with the progress. This game was won by the D. And EJ had a few good passes.Congrats on the long ball to Marquise.

It's a clear sign that someone has a clear bias in their evaluation of a QB when, after winning a big game against a division rival playing solid ball, they only point out the negative aspects of the players' game. It gets old after while.

It's a clear sign that someone has a clear bias in their evaluation of a QB when, after winning a big game against a division rival playing solid ball, they only point out the negative aspects of the players' game. It gets old after while.

oh put away the pom poms--and look at it objectively

He was really good today with most of his throws. You have to take into consideration the windy conditions today. Lots of tight, accurately thrown spirals. Wasn't afraid to throw it deep. That was a huge criticism against EJ....That he was another Trent Edwards.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What say you now? Excellent accuracy all day long on all throws short, intermediate, and long.

Saying excellent accuracy is going a little overboard...both his deep throws to Graham could hv n prob should hv been picked off. He also threw a short out that could hv easily been picked off and returned for 6

He obviously played better today but he still looks shakey in the pocket especially when his first read isn't open and he starts to panic. How many times did he start to scramble today when there wasn't even a rush?

Great game by EJ today and dare I say great game plan. By putting EJ under center it gives your offense the threat of play action and slows down the defense. HIs footwork doesn't suffer as much when drops back and delivers.

Nice to see him hitting some passes some here thought he could never hit.

Saying excellent accuracy is going a little overboard...both his deep throws to Graham could hv n prob should hv been picked off. He also threw a short out that could hv easily been picked off and returned for 6

He obviously played better today but he still looks shakey in the pocket especially when his first read isn't open and he starts to panic. How many times did he start to scramble today when there wasn't even a rush?

Dude, he schooled a Rex Ryan defense after completely sh---ing the bed last week and against Rex last time. In bad weather. Does he have to fart rainbows and lower your mortgage interest rate to impress you? WTF?

oh put away the pom poms--and look at it objectively

lol, dude, you have absolutely no concept of what objectivity means. You're turning into an attention seeking "T" word just like half a dozen others (who are notable absent from the board today...as expected). You are completely incapable of involving perspective in your assessment of EJs play. If he came out and put up a perfect stat line, you'd say his footwork was poor and he locked on to his reads too long....give me a break with "objectively"

Great game by EJ today and dare I say great game plan. By putting EJ under center it gives your offense the threat of play action and slows down the defense. HIs footwork doesn't suffer as much when drops back and delivers.

Nice to see him hitting some passes some here thought he could never hit.

Good observation by you. Rich Gannon made that point last week against the Steelers.

Dude, he schooled a Rex Ryan defense after completely sh---ing the bed last week and against Rex last time. In bad weather. Does he have to fart rainbows and lower your mortgage interest rate to impress you? WTF?

RDB, I'm not sure you're exhibiting proper objectivity in your assessment of EJs play.