ESPN...DBL Coverage...Jets/Bills

Kemp2Warlick

Here's a shocker Mike Rodak picked the Bills to loose again. Why is this guy covering the Bills anyhow? He never says anything good about the team even if it's warranted. I think he's just upset because he is from New England and used to cover Patriots and got demoted. I wonder WHY??????

Edited by bisonbrigade

Here's a shocker Mike Rodak picked the Bills to loose again. Why is this guy covering the Bills anyhow? He never says anything good about the team even if it's warranted. I think he's just upset because he is from New England and used to cover Patriots and got demoted. I wonder WHY??????

Loose what? He's a loose cannon?

Picking the Bills to lose isn't so far-fetched.

Edited by BuffaloWings

So that means he's 7-3 on the season, right?

So that means he's 7-3 on the season, right?

Worse, I think. IIRC, he's picked us to win twice -- last week against Pittsburgh, and also against Cleveland? Not sure of the earlier one, but I'm fairly confident that he's picked us to win twice, and we've lost both of those games. If I'm right, he's actually 5-5 picking us to win or lose outright.

Update: couldn't find his pick for Week 8 vs. the Saints, but no one thinks he picked the Bills, right? I checked all the rest, and I was correct -- he's predicted Bills wins against PIT & CLE, and been wrong both times. 5-5 overall, 5-3 when predicting the Bills to lose.

I think the Bills have a shot in this game, but it depends on what team shows up. Our two worst performances of the year, both as a team overall and EJ specifically, were the first Jets game and Pittsburgh -- both on the road. I'm hoping that the first game was more of a home/road split thing than a "Rex Ryan owns us" thing. Fingers crossed.

I think you're right because I believe Rodak has picked against us every week. So far, sadly enough, it hasn't been a bad strategy.

See above -- Rodak (so far) would have been better served just going against us every week. I'm hoping that turns around, though. The Bills just need to revert back to playing the way they played against NE, Carolina, Baltimore (defense only), Cincy, Miami (again, defense only), NO, & KC. That level of play is enough to beat most of the teams in the back half of our schedule -- including Pittsburgh, but we instead played our worst game of the year and got destroyed.

Reading that doesn't tell me anything I don't already know but it shows that the rest of the league and people looking in on the Bills notice everything that we know.

I know they're analysts and reporters so it's their job to study all teams, but I always thought they would focus their attention more on winning teams than a struggling team like ours.

EJ checking the ball down is the key problem with him and of course the footwork issue. EJ or should I say, the QB position REALLY is what's holding us back. Our record is the way it is because of QB play. Not the defense and not the offensive line. I'm not saying we should be 8-2 but we could easily be 6-4 with better QB play.

Since we have EJ and a bunch of 4th stringers playing WR this week, Jets will put 8 in the box and crush the run game, so right now everyone needs to shut down talk that "we need to run the ball" B/C the Jets will shut it down and see if EJ + TJ + Hogan + Easley can throw it. Which they cannot, so this will be ugly unless Bills' D really comes to play.

EJ checking the ball down is the key problem with him and of course the footwork issue. EJ or should I say, the QB position REALLY is what's holding us back. Our record is the way it is because of QB play. Not the defense and not the offensive line. I'm not saying we should be 8-2 but we could easily be 6-4 with better QB play.

Well said. Bad special teams play has played a role too but this is the major issue.

Smart money should be on the Jest to win this Sunday, given their defense and our WR corp suddenly low on talented players. We need to run the ball and I'm not convinced we can do that against them. And if we're one-dimensional, I can't see EJ and this group of receivers being the difference.

The wild card is our own defense. Depends which one shows up.

GO BILLS!!!

Rodak actually picked us last week. He, along with most of us, found out the hard way on Sunday that this Bills team just ain't that good.

However, I stopped following him on Twitter when he said the TD reception at the end of the game was made by Lee Smith.

Since we have EJ and a bunch of 4th stringers playing WR this week, Jets will put 8 in the box and crush the run game, so right now everyone needs to shut down talk that "we need to run the ball" B/C the Jets will shut it down and see if EJ + TJ + Hogan + Easley can throw it. Which they cannot, so this will be ugly unless Bills' D really comes to play.

One or two of our scab WRs are going to need to play like all pros vs Cromartie and Millner. Sure why not?

Go bilz...

a 70% accuracy rate will make him a lot of money in Vegas, what reason would he have to change his strategy now?

maybe they can .

One or two of our scab WRs are going to need to play like all pros vs Cromartie and Millner. Sure why not?

Go bilz...

Not really. they just need to catch the footballs

Go Bilzez

Edited by 3rdand12