Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills have just SO much talent at WR that we give up on rogers. Meanwhile, little man Graham is still doing absolutely nothing for us. Franchise is a joke. CJ will soon be in the playoffs when he leaves here.

Yeah That`s why we are a joke. Get rid of Rodgers and give Easley no chance. Start the small azz SMURFS,which get outmuscled and can`t jump high enough. Oh But can they run. Jerry Rice ,Boldin, Fitzgerald....on and on couldn`t start for this team ,because of clock speed. This offensive staff is cluless.Go Buddy Hackett

Yeah That`s why we are a joke. Get rid of Rodgers and give Easley no chance. Start the small azz SMURFS,which get outmuscled and can`t jump high enough. Oh But can they run. Jerry Rice ,Boldin, Fitzgerald....on and on couldn`t start for this team ,because of clock speed. This offensive staff is cluless.Go Buddy Hackett

lol..we might actually have the smallest WR's in the entire NFL. If anyone is bored, I challenge you to find me a team that has a smaller average height at WR.

The Bills have no qb - wouldn't matter if they had Randy Moss in his prime. Talk of WRs is stupid.

There continues to be no one who can hit on the full array of professional level throws.

Yeah since they never drop the ball or separate. The Q.B. is part of it also.I agree.

WK 14 Can't-Miss Play: Da'Rick to Da'house

00:31 – Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers runs for 69 yards and a touchdown on a reception from quarterback Andrew Luck.

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers 2-yard touchdown

00:37 – Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers catches his second touchdown, this one for 2 yards.

This just stings. But we have two 5ft 10 small receivers who can only run vertically on our team. I know Andrew Luck is better than E.J., but we gave up on this kid way too early. Its only one game, but he reminds me of Josh Gordon, another undraftee. Just dont get why they are so high on Graham, but I guess Brandon knows what hes doing

We got them with Hughes,they maybe got us with Da Rick

They didn't get us, the Bills gave him away like old trash. Why does anyone still believe Marrone is capable to be a good head coach in the NFL? I've seen no evidence that he has any more clue than the last 5 Bills head coaches who all failed miserably.

They didn't get us, the Bills gave him away like old trash. Why does anyone still believe Marrone is capable to be a good head coach in the NFL? I've seen no evidence that he has any more clue than the last 5 Bills head coaches who all failed miserably.

I feel Marrone and Hackett are in way over their heads.

I am still waiting for all of those that argued that it was the right decision to chime in. Please someone tell me why keeping Chris Hogan over Da'Rick Rogers was a good idea for this team.

Not me. I really liked the kid.I`d like to see Easley get a shot also...could he really do worse than Graham?This coaching staff,I mean offensive side really brings a lot of doubts.Does Graham have dirt on Buddy Hackett??

We kept Graham over Rogers because the organization drafted Graham instead of drafting Russell Wilson. They're hoping in time the mistake won't look so bad.

That may possibly be the worst decision since they drafted Torrell Troup instead of Gronkowski.

but...but...you can't coach speed! Goodwin is so fast, Olympic speed! Sj13 is just misunderstood and had three of the best seasons any Bill WR has ever had, and Graham, well, he is just pathetic but that's only because we need to flog someone for how bad our top two WR's are!

This fan base is so far off thinking they know anything and everything. In all likelihood in 5 years Rogers, Goodwin and Graham are out of the league in 5 years, SJ13 in 3

but...but...you can't coach speed! Goodwin is so fast, Olympic speed! Sj13 is just misunderstood and had three of the best seasons any Bill WR has ever had, and Graham, well, he is just pathetic but that's only because we need to flog someone for how bad our top two WR's are!

This fan base is so far off thinking they know anything and everything. In all likelihood in 5 years Rogers, Goodwin and Graham are out of the league in 5 years, SJ13 in 3

Hmnn show us that crystal ball. Graham 5 more years. Hope she`s not with us.

There was zero reason to keep Hogan over him.

From an organizational standpoint you are 100% right...

But this was not an organization move...This was a Head Coach/OC move made by a couple rookie coaches who were thinking about how to round out their Special Teams roster instead of developing a WR with serious potential for a year or two...This is why I can't stand it when I hear a GM say these kind of moves are 100% coaches decisions...This was a perfect time for Whaley to step in and kindly convince Marrone that the better move, long-term, was keeping Rogers...

During Training Camp, when it became clear that Rogers was on the bubble, I brought up the comparison to Dez Bryant...Rogers and Bryant are VERY comparable as pure athletes...Don't believe me? Here's their pre Draft measurable's...

Height - Bryant and Rogers are both 6-2

Weight - Bryant was 225 at the Combine...Rogers 217

Speed - Rogers clocked 4.52 at Indy...Dez posted times from about 4.55-4.65 in his PW depending on the wind

Vertical - Rogers 39.5"...Bryant 38"

Bench - Rogers 10 reps...Bryant 14 reps

At the Combine, Rogers was a "top performer" at his position in the Vertical Jump (tied for 1st), Broad Jump (tied for 2nd), 3 cone drill (4th), 20 (5th) and 60 yard shuttles...

Both Rogers and Bryant had at least one outstanding College season in a big-time conference...And both also ran into trouble...Both had serious off-the-field concerns, though both were also considered to be decent kids...

Anyone who follows NFL football knows Bryant is not necessarily the brightest bulb on the tree...Bryant struggled at times as a rookie despite the fact that, like Rogers, his physical skills were obvious to anyone who watched him for a couple minutes...He needed time...He needed a TON of reps...He needed to learn the NFL game...He needed a team with a TON of patience...The Cowboys had that patience...Now they have one of the best WR's in the game...

And please understand that in no way am I predicting that Rogers will be the next Dez Bryant...But there is at least a chance he can come close...Especially if he starts getting some confidence...And when it comes down to the 5th or 6th WR on your team you don't roll the dice on that chance? Really? Really Doug squared?

The Rogers move was an organizational failure...And a very early indicator...for me at least...that these guys (Brandon, Whaley, Marrone, and Hackett) are basically learning on the job...And it's a move that can have further implications considering the Bills still have a need for a top WR, and may have to use another high Draft pick to fill that need...

Like I said earlier in this thread...This was easily predictable...This organization always manages to get it wrong more than it gets it right...They can change out the names all they want...That fact remains the same...Cutting Rogers was a stupid organizational move...Period...End of story... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS