Chris Gragg # 89 TE

Frez

I noticed in last week game vs the Steelers a new player was on the field for us, #89. I wonder if this kid can help us or not. It would be nice to have a 7th round pick really help this team out on offense. I wish him the best of luck in the coming weeks.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/chris-gragg?id=2539202

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82780&draftyear=2013&genpos=TE

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8465/chris-gragg

I was wondering why he was out there so much. Did chandler eff up some blocking and get benched?

He had one drop early that could have been a big play. He looks like Julius Thomas on the Broncos. If he can utilize his talent he could be a nice receiving option in years to come. That said he was a 7th round pick for a reason

Do you mean in physical appearance? Because I didn't see that of his play.

He had one drop early that could have been a big play. He looks like Julius Thomas on the Broncos. If he can utilize his talent he could be a nice receiving option in years to come. That said he was a 7th round pick for a reason

Stevie Johnson was a 7th rounder I believe.

I'd like to see him play out the year. See what we have. Put Easley in at WR as well.

Agreed. As long as they start EJ, they have given up on winning and are in experiment mode. Might as well go full throttle on the experiments to see who we do and don't have.

He was coming off of a knee injury his senior year and din't play I think.

He did run a 4.5 at the combine. There might be something there.

It was a mixed bag for me......

He had a drop for a catch with noone in front of him (and EJ really needs his receivers to make their catches) with Gragg's speed he could have scored or close to it on that play

Then later in the game nobody seems to have caught this.....EJ through the ball to him in traffic....THE BALL HITS HIM RIGHT IN THE HANDS even though he was triple covered....and he didnt make a play on it.......TIGHT ENDS NEED TO make these kinds of catches to help out their struggling rookie QB

I still maintain that we need to go with a high pick on a tight end this year....A TE with flypaper hands who can catch when he is covered and BLOCK are gold for a rookie QB.......we need to go more double TE set if we want to put together a power running game.

When I saw the thread title I half expected the content to be that he had been released. This guy stinks. For someone that was a former WR I would have expected him to be able to catch the ball. Hopefully he gets better but I'm not impressed by anything I've seen