I still believe in EJ Manuel

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned the game off in the 3rd quarter and watched RedZone the rest of the day...it's one thing if we play hard and just get beat by the better team, but we are starting to consistently beat ourselves with dumb penalties and turnovers...it's so damn aggravating. I got frustrated with EJ, too....especially when I see him throw short on 3rd down. But he's a smart kid with a solid work ethic and the Bills drafted him for a reason.

I don't care what happened before this year. We have a new regime and they deserve time to get it right just like every other regime change had. As of today, they have chosen EJ to be our QB, and no matter how frustrated I get or how many times I have to switch off the game in disgust, I'm going to support EJ until he's shown one way or another what kind of player he'll be in this league.

There is little intangible that cannot be weighed or measured.....and I think EJ has it.....

And I think he bounces back next week.

Gotta admire your outlook after the deflating performance by EJ in particular and the team in general today that sucked the life out of this season. I'm not so sure that the bounce back comes next week against a better defensive opponent in the Jets D. Hope you're right though.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I turned the game off in the 3rd quarter and watched RedZone the rest of the day...it's one thing if we play hard and just get beat by the better team, but we are starting to consistently beat ourselves with dumb penalties and turnovers...it's so damn aggravating. I got frustrated with EJ, too....especially when I see him throw short on 3rd down. But he's a smart kid with a solid work ethic and the Bills drafted him for a reason.

I don't care what happened before this year. We have a new regime and they deserve time to get it right just like every other regime change had. As of today, they have chosen EJ to be our QB, and no matter how frustrated I get or how many times I have to switch off the game in disgust, I'm going to support EJ until he's shown one way or another what kind of player he'll be in this league.

its the same damn regime with a few pieces shuffled

A couple more games like that and I will be ready to kick this QB experiment to the curb. Talk about a setback. Who knew EJ would look this bad after missing those games...

You have to wonder how he looked in practice this week...Did he look in sync or not? Hard to believe he looked good in practice and came out playing that game.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a new captain checkdown.....

Every single game matters in the NFL.....every single game.....this one sucked and it hurt bad.....

Hard to believe we actually downgraded in quarterback from last week and the week before and the week before.......pissed.....

I guess it doesn't. You said the Bills drafted him for a reason. That means absolutely nothing to me. If anything it makes me more of a skeptic, because the Bills judgement of talent/QB talent had been pretty damn bad the past 13 years.

Well...I don't really base my posts on whether or not they'll mean anything to you...you're not really my target audience.

JOH you are a good guy but please stop. EJ isn't the answer and its clear to anyone who isn't being a homer. The good Rookie QB's that have come out the last 2-3 years CLEARLY had something and EJ doesn't. Hell there is a redshirt freshman down at FSU running the same offense EJ did and crushing anything EJ accomplished. He is an average to below average QB who can't read a defense, isn't accurate and is nothing but a checkdown guy. We will be drafting a QB again in the 2016 draft

I just hope to hear those golden words " And with the fifth overall pick in the 2014 draft, the Buffalo Bills select QB Johnny Manziel!" This crap we've been subjected to for far to long needs to stop! We are not going to win games throwing for barely over 100 ypg.

There is little intangible that cannot be weighed or measured.....and I think EJ has it.....

And I think he bounces back next week.

EJ has not shown anything this year for me to be excited about. At this point, he's working off a good, not great college career and a very underwhelming rookie season. IMO, he's looked bad far more than he's looked good.

I am not in the camp that rookie QBs have to prove their worth in year one, but EJ doesn't seem to be capable of making throws all NFL QBs should make. I'm certainly hoping he has it in him to turn it around, but honestly, based on what I've seen so far it will surprise me if he does.

I just hope to hear those golden words " And with the fifth overall pick in the 2014 draft, the Buffalo Bills select QB Johnny Manziel!" This crap we've been subjected to for far to long needs to stop! We are not going to win games throwing for barely over 100 ypg.

johnny QB---hard drinkin hard playin future QB of our buffalo bills

Oh ok. Well give it some thought, why should the most incompetent franchise in the leagues drafting of a player give any fan confidence?

Yes they drafted him for a reason. Chances are their reasoning is wrong.

So what do you propose they do...cause I see you posting the same stuff over and over and over, both in the shoutbox and here on TSW, so obviously you are pretty confident that you have it figured out. But I never really see you making any points about what they should do going forward....do you have anything else to add to the discussion other than pointing out that we've sucked for a decade and a half? I don't really see many people disputing that, so I think it pretty much goes without saying by now, don't you?

Manziel isn't going to translate well to the NFL in my humble opinion. He's an unbelievable college playmaker, but short, maybe 4.55-ish speed, average arm strength, limited pocket presence.... LSU game anyone? How many of their D were drafted? 6 or 7? Keep him in the pocket with the speed of NFL defenses and he's fair to middling.

As has been mentioned 100x EJ has such horrendous footwork it makes me cringe. He's had a couple strong moments. I can't close the book quite yet myself but im getting there.

Edited by SmokinES3

So what do you propose they do...

Play him every second the next 6 games. Now is his chance.

Either way, I'm planning on drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds next year and having a competition along with Thad Lewis. Tuel can go whine with Ryan Leaf in some dank pit. If John Football is there at pick ~10, he's my guy.

Well considering they reached for a suspect QB in a terrible QB class last year and are looking at another top 10 pick this year, I suggest they draft one of the top 3 QBs in this years strong class. Trade up to get him if you have to. Do everything possible to get him.

The team is a good QB away from competing in the Division and the Conference.

It ain't rocket science, get a good QB in this league and you win.

Okay, who?

Well considering they reached for a suspect QB in a terrible QB class last year and are looking at another top 10 pick this year, I suggest they draft one of the top 3 QBs in this years strong class. Trade up to get him if you have to. Do everything possible to get him.

The team is a good QB away from competing in the Division and the Conference.

It ain't rocket science, get a good QB in this league and you win. Understood that that is easier said then done, but color me skeptical the Bills weren't smarter them everyone else in drafting EJ Manuel as high as they did.

WOW... and that is some rocket science solution.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Hey B.B..how is our wager progressing on your end? My end will finally get some movement when Murray is drafted in April. I think your guys are in limbo, yes? Bray was one...who was the other? Mallett?

All I will say is that if EJ Manuel was signed as an undrafted free agent and not a 1st round pick we'd all be calling for Lewis to play.

Amen....

The only reason fans are giving him a chance is because he was a #1 draft pick...

Look how everyone wanted to kick Tuel to the curb after being thrown into that Cleveland game....

The fact of the matter is that there are no good quarterbacks on this team...at least not NFL playoff caliber....that much is obvious...

Just give me a friggin guy who wants to win a game...both those backups played like they wanted to win.....EJ hasn't...

EJ is ho hum la de friggin dah in every game........the people who love him call that maturity...lol......

Edited by PolishDave

EJ has shown poor accuracy on his throws, including short throws. This is very worrisome. I would feel better about his play if he at least showed something, like excellent running abilities or good pocket awareness. I have not seen much at this point, even if he supposedly has excellent physical abilities.

Truth is there is little accountability within the organization. Yes, coaches get fired, but what about the people that have continued to pull the strings within the organization the past 14 years?

They remain unscathed throughout the embarrassment that has become the Buffalo Bills.

Well, there's one man at the head of all that, and I'd say he's not long for this world, God love him.

johnny QB---hard drinkin hard playin future QB of our buffalo bills

worked for Kelly :D

Seriously though what makes me excited about Manziel is his work ethic and willingness to work on improving his game. He has made great strides this year on his passing game from the pockett, he is much more than a scrambler as some here are claiming.

As I've said in the college thread his coach says he is the most competitive player he has ever been around . That is the "it" that the great ones have.

Seriously though what makes me excited about Manziel is his work ethic and willingness to work on improving his game. He has made great strides this year on his passing game from the pockett, he is much more than a scrambler as some here are claiming.

As I've said in the college thread his coach says he is the most competitive player he has ever been around . That is the "it" that the great ones have.

Throw out the partying and Manziel is Tebow, great work ethic and willingness to work on improving his game. We know how that story has gone.

Did you see that 3rd and 25 conversion last night? That kid is awesome. He would make me "BILLIEVE"