I still believe in EJ Manuel

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned the game off in the 3rd quarter and watched RedZone the rest of the day...it's one thing if we play hard and just get beat by the better team, but we are starting to consistently beat ourselves with dumb penalties and turnovers...it's so damn aggravating. I got frustrated with EJ, too....especially when I see him throw short on 3rd down. But he's a smart kid with a solid work ethic and the Bills drafted him for a reason.

I don't care what happened before this year. We have a new regime and they deserve time to get it right just like every other regime change had. As of today, they have chosen EJ to be our QB, and no matter how frustrated I get or how many times I have to switch off the game in disgust, I'm going to support EJ until he's shown one way or another what kind of player he'll be in this league.

There is little intangible that cannot be weighed or measured.....and I think EJ has it.....

And I think he bounces back next week.

Gotta admire your outlook after the deflating performance by EJ in particular and the team in general today that sucked the life out of this season. I'm not so sure that the bounce back comes next week against a better defensive opponent in the Jets D. Hope you're right though.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I turned the game off in the 3rd quarter and watched RedZone the rest of the day...it's one thing if we play hard and just get beat by the better team, but we are starting to consistently beat ourselves with dumb penalties and turnovers...it's so damn aggravating. I got frustrated with EJ, too....especially when I see him throw short on 3rd down. But he's a smart kid with a solid work ethic and the Bills drafted him for a reason.

I don't care what happened before this year. We have a new regime and they deserve time to get it right just like every other regime change had. As of today, they have chosen EJ to be our QB, and no matter how frustrated I get or how many times I have to switch off the game in disgust, I'm going to support EJ until he's shown one way or another what kind of player he'll be in this league.

its the same damn regime with a few pieces shuffled

A couple more games like that and I will be ready to kick this QB experiment to the curb. Talk about a setback. Who knew EJ would look this bad after missing those games...

You have to wonder how he looked in practice this week...Did he look in sync or not? Hard to believe he looked good in practice and came out playing that game.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a new captain checkdown.....

Every single game matters in the NFL.....every single game.....this one sucked and it hurt bad.....

Hard to believe we actually downgraded in quarterback from last week and the week before and the week before.......pissed.....

I guess it doesn't. You said the Bills drafted him for a reason. That means absolutely nothing to me. If anything it makes me more of a skeptic, because the Bills judgement of talent/QB talent had been pretty damn bad the past 13 years.

Well...I don't really base my posts on whether or not they'll mean anything to you...you're not really my target audience.

JOH you are a good guy but please stop. EJ isn't the answer and its clear to anyone who isn't being a homer. The good Rookie QB's that have come out the last 2-3 years CLEARLY had something and EJ doesn't. Hell there is a redshirt freshman down at FSU running the same offense EJ did and crushing anything EJ accomplished. He is an average to below average QB who can't read a defense, isn't accurate and is nothing but a checkdown guy. We will be drafting a QB again in the 2016 draft

I just hope to hear those golden words " And with the fifth overall pick in the 2014 draft, the Buffalo Bills select QB Johnny Manziel!" This crap we've been subjected to for far to long needs to stop! We are not going to win games throwing for barely over 100 ypg.

There is little intangible that cannot be weighed or measured.....and I think EJ has it.....

And I think he bounces back next week.

EJ has not shown anything this year for me to be excited about. At this point, he's working off a good, not great college career and a very underwhelming rookie season. IMO, he's looked bad far more than he's looked good.

I am not in the camp that rookie QBs have to prove their worth in year one, but EJ doesn't seem to be capable of making throws all NFL QBs should make. I'm certainly hoping he has it in him to turn it around, but honestly, based on what I've seen so far it will surprise me if he does.

I just hope to hear those golden words " And with the fifth overall pick in the 2014 draft, the Buffalo Bills select QB Johnny Manziel!" This crap we've been subjected to for far to long needs to stop! We are not going to win games throwing for barely over 100 ypg.

johnny QB---hard drinkin hard playin future QB of our buffalo bills