I still believe in EJ Manuel

There is little intangible that cannot be weighed or measured.....and I think EJ has it.....

And I think he bounces back next week.

what "intangibles," ? looking like a deer in the headlights all game long. every game. Showing no emotion or leadership AT ALL. Lewis has intangibles, EJ totally lacks them. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I've seen nothing that says franchise QB. Start Lewis next week.

Edited by RyanC883

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to believe in EJ. I really do. I was encouraged by what I saw the first few weeks of the season and live I saw the talent the Bills saw when they drafted him. His work ethic seems great and from what we can tell he wants to be great. All that is encouraging.

For so long I think all Bills fans just want a guy we can rally around. I really want that to be EJ.

Today was very discouraging. I felt like this was a winnable game for this team. I thought EJ would make a few plays and get his rust off and we would roll to a victory. Obviously that didn't happen and i was left with my doubts than encouraging signs today.

I hope EJ looks back on this and gets it together next week. I still have hope for him. I'm not ready to give up on him after a few games. I'm frustrated that it seems we continue spinning our wheels and gaining no traction year after year. It sucks, it hurts watching them and just waiting for them to finally get it. But to throw EJ to the curb right now seems like such a waste. I hope he turns it around and becomes the guy we all hope he can be. A few more stinkers like today and we may actually have to look for a replacement soon. That thought is just awful to me.

Throw out the partying and Manziel is Tebow, great work ethic and willingness to work on improving his game. We know how that story has gone.

Um, Manziel is a much better passer than Tebow. And Tebow did lead Denver to the playoffs and a victory over the Steelers, so, I'd sign up for that now.

I want to believe in EJ. I really do. I was encouraged by what I saw the first few weeks of the season and live I saw the talent the Bills saw when they drafted him. His work ethic seems great and from what we can tell he wants to be great. All that is encouraging.

For so long I think all Bills fans just want a guy we can rally around. I really want that to be EJ.

Today was very discouraging. I felt like this was a winnable game for this team. I thought EJ would make a few plays and get his rust off and we would roll to a victory. Obviously that didn't happen and i was left with my doubts than encouraging signs today.

I hope EJ looks back on this and gets it together next week. I still have hope for him. I'm not ready to give up on him after a few games. I'm frustrated that it seems we continue spinning our wheels and gaining no traction year after year. It sucks, it hurts watching them and just waiting for them to finally get it. But to throw EJ to the curb right now seems like such a waste. I hope he turns it around and becomes the guy we all hope he can be. A few more stinkers like today and we may actually have to look for a replacement soon. That thought is just awful to me.

Agree with you 100%, but I think he has to be amazing not to draft a QB in the first round. I wanted to believe in him, but he has shown NOTHING this year, other than being vastly outplayed by the practice squad QB Lewis. Lewis also shows better leadership. We need a QB, and until we get a rookie that can play, we should keep drafting them.

Throw out the partying and Manziel is Tebow, great work ethic and willingness to work on improving his game. We know how that story has gone.

Tebows accuracy Killed him (actually it was Manning taking his job ...) Johny's arm is just fine, not a cannon but plenty of zip. I have seen probably most all of his games this year and even in the games where he was off he still played great. This kid is a game changer.

Did you see that 3rd and 25 conversion last night? That kid is awesome. He would make me "BILLIEVE"

of course and he played a bit off too, which shows his ability to overcome mistakes.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

There is little intangible that cannot be weighed or measured.....and I think EJ has it.....

And I think he bounces back next week.

"It" certainly isn't the ability to throw accurately while moving. Manuel was abysmal at that today.

You keep drafting and otherwise acquiring QBs until you hit on a franchise QB. You keep doing that unless you are sure you've got one. And you start to do it again when that franchise QB you do have gets older.

Tebows accuracy Killed him (actually it was Manning taking his job ...) Johny's arm is just fine, not a cannon but plenty of zip. I have seen probably most all of his games this year and even in the games the games where he was off he still played great. This kid is a game changer.

of course and he played a bit off too, which shows his ability to overcome mistakes.

BB... don't get me wrong when I've seen Manziel play he's impressive...I just wonder where the hype machine will take him realistically.

what "intangibles," ? looking like a deer in the headlights all game long. every game. Showing no emotion or leadership AT ALL. Lewis has intangibles, EJ totally lacks them. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I've seen nothing that says franchise QB. Start Lewis next week.

I have no problem with naysayers in this thread....come one come all....but lets come with something a little more thought out....."every game"...no not every game.......THIS game he looked bad....he had had some very strong showings for a rook in the games he played before injury......

I have no problem with naysayers in this thread....come one come all....but lets come with something a little more thought out....."every game"...no not every game.......THIS game he looked bad....he had had some very strong showings for a rook in the games he played before injury......

Collingsworth was just blabbing about the Carolina D, seems EJ did find a way to beat them

A little more thought out? What game did EJ not look like a deer in the headlights, vastly overthrow receivers and fail to show any emotion? I must have missed that game, because he has, in fact, done these things in every game.

Collingsworth was just blabbing about the Carolina D, seems EJ did find a way to beat them

Carolina is vastly improved from when we played them. They would destroy us if we played next week.

"It" certainly isn't the ability to throw accurately while moving. Manuel was abysmal at that today.

You keep drafting and otherwise acquiring QBs until you hit on a franchise QB. You keep doing that unless you are sure you've got one. And you start to do it again when that franchise QB you do have gets older.

This.

If the Bills have guts and draft a QB next year, and not attempt to cover up a mistake by not drafting one, things could change. For I dare say that EJ will never amount to much. Yes he's still young, but I don't see any intangible pluses about him. He's actually less accurate than Fitz was, though with a better arm. Speaking of EJ's arm, if three yard throws are all you're going to throw, you don't need an arm. And many others would be more accurate at that distance. Oh yes, EJ did attempt to go down field once before garbage time and was picked off. I wouldn't bet on this horse.

Amen on the intangible thing. You're dreaming if you think it's there. But you have to start EJ the rest of the way. You'll never know if there's any chance of improvement if you don't. You want to have a better feel by the time yjr draft roles around. The thing that worries me is that even if EJ remains terrible, the Bills may attempt to validate their high pick by not drafting another quarterback because doing so would suggest they made a mistake.

I'd like to point out the performance of another young QB today if this makes anyone feel any better: Andrew Luck. He looked terrible today throwing 3 picks at home against a modest Rams defense as his team got humiliated (though i have not seen those picks to be able to tell if they were all his fault). Just shows that even good young QBs are going to have bad games. This is EJ's first game back from injury and only his 6th NFL start. Let's give him a few more games at least.

Edited by Talley56

Ah, that's right...good ol' Landry...almost forgot :)

Yes but do recall by the time the college season ended last year I didn't want any of the QBs, but if Murray ends up better I'll pay up on the steak dinner.

I wouldn't take any QB from the last draft class over EJ. He will be more than okay

true, we shouldn't have taken any QBs until the the third round.

Yes but do recall by the time the college season ended last year I didn't want any of the QBs, but if Murray ends up better I'll pay up on the steak dinner.

true, we shouldn't have taken any QBs until the the third round.

then we wouldn't of had any of the top QBs.....?