Super Mario ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Old TImer- read the date of that post. It was last week after the Pittsburgh game! TODAY is November 17. "Super" Mario has now played 10 games against the AFC East since he's been here....3 sacks all against Miami. Barely visible today. I guess barely visible is better than invisible.

The Bills' entire defensive game plan was based on Mario today.

They sent at least half a dozen delayed blitzes predicated on shooting the gap created when the Jets rolled their protection at Mario...and it worked all game long.

I've been saying it for a year: Mario is doing his job out there.

The defense was dominant and Mario Williams was a part of it. JJ Watt has 6.5 sacks on the year, he suck now too? There's a lot more to defense than sacking the QB. The Jets couldn't move the ball and our DEFENSE was making plays regardless of if the individuals were named Mario Williams. People seem to forget he pretty much single-handedly won us the game in Miami, and is a league leader in sacks.

I'm all for complaining but come on, its gotta be warranted.

Exactly. The Jets went out of their way to minimize Mario. In other news, Dareus had a terrific game.

I actually sat right behind the Bills bench and it's pretty cool to watch the Williams twins and Dareus talk shop on the sideline. They all seem really tight and focused on being a great unit.

I haven't been able to see any of the games do to where i live but did see one while i was on the road & all's i could see is that the efforts at times do not match the pay check .

Bruce was always a force & at least a couple times a game he made himself known by his play, i know they key on Mario but so do these teams key on Jared Alan, Tamba Hali, JJ Watt & others yet they are always right there in the face of the QB & making plays during the games & very seldom get shut out because of their motor .

The only time i ever saw Bruce rendered a non factor was when he parred against Tony Boselli ! Boselli was Bruce's Kriptonight (?) if you will, & Bruce's toughest opponent by far !! :wallbash:

I think Mario has helped in the fact that "AT TIMES" he makes it easier for others to come free but b/c of the attention he draws but i think another reason why those guys get free more than not is because of their motor .

At the end of the day the question that has to be asked is Mario's out put & presence on the field worth the money or could we trade him & use the money to keep Byrd & others that will make a difference for a longer period of time ?

Edited by T master

I haven't been able to see any of the games do to where i live but did see one while i was on the road & all's i could see is that the efforts at times do not match the pay check .

Bruce was always a force & at least a couple times a game he made himself known by his play, i know they key on Mario but so do these teams key on Jared Alan, Tamba Hali, JJ Watt & others yet they are always right there in the face of the QB & making plays during the games & very seldom get shut out because of their motor .

The only time i ever saw Bruce rendered a non factor was when he parred against Tony Boselli ! Boselli was Bruce's Kriptonight (?) if you will, & Bruce's toughest opponent by far !! :wallbash:

I think Mario has helped in the fact that "AT TIMES" he makes it easier for others to come free but b/c of the attention he draws but i think another reason why those guys get free more than not is because of their motor .

At the end of the day the question that has to be asked is Mario's out put & presence on the field worth the money or could we trade him & use the money to keep Byrd & others that will make a difference for a longer period of time ?

Again, he is top 3 in sacks and QB pressures. What more do you want him to do? play DB, return punts and play QB?

Again I will say: the ENTIRE game plan yesterday was predicated on Mario Williams. The Bills' delayed blitzes were designed to take advantage of how the Jets rolled their protection scheme toward him, and it worked to perfection.

That's exactly what he's being paid to do.

I actually sat right behind the Bills bench and it's pretty cool to watch the Williams twins and Dareus talk shop on the sideline. They all seem really tight and focused on being a great unit.

Thanks for this tidbit. Not being able to see a game this year, I really miss this aspect of being there to see the interaction on the sidelines. It's always told me a lot.

GO BILLS!!!

Again I will say: the ENTIRE game plan yesterday was predicated on Mario Williams. The Bills' delayed blitzes were designed to take advantage of how the Jets rolled their protection scheme toward him, and it worked to perfection.

That's exactly what he's being paid to do.

yup. and he still manages to be more disruptive than a lot of players despite the attention - and if you stop giving him that attention he can really beat your qb up badly.

hes a game changer even when he doesnt have a huge statline.

The Bills' entire defensive game plan was based on Mario today.

They sent at least half a dozen delayed blitzes predicated on shooting the gap created when the Jets rolled their protection at Mario...and it worked all game long.

I've been saying it for a year: Mario is doing his job out there.

Not that your apple needs any more polishing, but your grasp of the finer nuances is nice to read around here. Much appreciated.

GO BILLS!!!

Tamba hasnt had a sack in three weeks, including not touching Jeff Tuel

Goes way beyond stats - give me a friggin break. They guy doesn't take plays off, he takes GAMES off. He didn't do squat last week (1 tackle) and was WORSE in this game. He is supposed to be a leader on this team and he puts forth an effort like this?

EJ's and Spillers stats sucked too - does it go way beyond stats for them as well??

Unless you were at the game and were specifically watching Mario I'm not sure how you can state he took the game off. He may have been double teamed all day which created openings for others, like say maybe Hughes. I wasn't at the game and also did not key on watching Williams so I can't say one way or the other. But there are a great many more factors than tackles and sacks to consider.

Did you mean Fred instead of EJ on your last statement? I didn't think EJ's stats should look bad but I didn't check. Fred and Spiller had bad days to be sure. Ryan figured his DBs could cover the Bills #3 and #4 WRs so he shut down the run. Fortunately for the Bills, his DBs could not deliver. But the poor running stats are a direct reflection of the defensive gameplan Ryan had in place.

Edited by CodeMonkey