Which one of you was this?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is funny but not in a ha-ha funny type of funny. I hold voting to be sacred and not to be a buzzkill but there are nations in this world where this act would get you killed ... if you could even get the chance to vote.

Funny to do, but not funny in reality.

That's kinda funny and given the state of politics in WNY, it might not be a bad thing if he won.

My question is though, in what universe would someone running for Justice of the Supreme Court, be listed as a Democrat and a Conservative??? If that isn't the biggest Oxymoron, I don't know what is.

Seriously, how in the hell did someone get away with paying off the election board to get that one to slip through on the ballot?

Gotta love the politics up there, you just never know what kind of crap will show up.

Gee, how shocking. The hotly contested Surrogate's Court Judge and City Court Judge elections may be turned on their sides because of this mockery!

I agree with this sentiment. I vote for the positions I care about, and then entertain myself for the remaining positions. The fact that we have elected judges is a joke in and of itself.

I agree with this sentiment. I vote for the positions I care about, and then entertain myself for the remaining positions. The fact that we have elected judges is a joke in and of itself.

Electing judges is a good thing. Voting for one of them just validates the back room deals made to have them each run on both tickets. That's what's really a joke.

If you're saying that judges should be appointed, who should appoint them? Elected officials? Who are influenced by special interest groups? Well, that's what we've already got.

-----

I also don't get the outrage over a guy wasting a ballot for the sake of a joke. Most people don't even vote, and most of those who do are seriously uninformed. If one guy wasting his vote is enough to get someone riled up, I'd have to image that same person probably can't sleep at night knowing how few people are truly actively participating in the process.

Electing judges is a good thing. Voting for one of them just validates the back room deals made to have them each run on both tickets. That's what's really a joke.

If you're saying that judges should be appointed, who should appoint them? Elected officials? Who are influenced by special interest groups? Well, that's what we've already got.

-----

I also don't get the outrage over a guy wasting a ballot for the sake of a joke. Most people don't even vote, and most of those who do are seriously uninformed. If one guy wasting his vote is enough to get someone riled up, I'd have to image that same person probably can't sleep at night knowing how few people are truly actively participating in the process.

How do all these geniuses know this ballot was actually cast? Wouldn't it be in the machine? The guy probably took a picture of it as a joke and either didn't vote at all or went up and asked for a new blank.

How do all these geniuses know this ballot was actually cast? Wouldn't it be in the machine? The guy probably took a picture of it as a joke and either didn't vote at all or went up and asked for a new blank.

You have access to privacy screens while you fill out your ballot. There's an ample opportunity to snap photos then. Plus the guy who did this is on twitter and is acting as if he submitted the ballot, so I don't think there's any reason to think he didn't.

Also, even if there weren't privacy screens, it's perfectly legal to take a picture of your ballot just like it's perfectly legal to write in whomever you want.

That's kinda funny and given the state of politics in WNY, it might not be a bad thing if he won.

My question is though, in what universe would someone running for Justice of the Supreme Court, be listed as a Democrat and a Conservative??? If that isn't the biggest Oxymoron, I don't know what is.

Seriously, how in the hell did someone get away with paying off the election board to get that one to slip through on the ballot?

Gotta love the politics up there, you just never know what kind of crap will show up.

It may not be something quite so nefarious. A lot of conservative people up that way don't know they aren't Democrats. Nobody has informed them evidently. I always found it frustrating. Many Kennedy Democrats still have no idea they have almost nothing in common with today's party... Probably never will.

BTW... the Kiko thing? As somebody who couldn't get out of work and school to vote in a general election for the first time in my life today, at 27 years of age, it's almost offensive if that vote was cast. That being said, this is what makes our country great. The freedom to be a moron.

Edited by SmokinES3

You have access to privacy screens while you fill out your ballot. There's an ample opportunity to snap photos then. Plus the guy who did this is on twitter and is acting as if he submitted the ballot, so I don't think there's any reason to think he didn't.

Also, even if there weren't privacy screens, it's perfectly legal to take a picture of your ballot just like it's perfectly legal to write in whomever you want.

Ok. Is it also possible to take a picture of a ballot and not cast it?

Ok. Is it also possible to take a picture of a ballot and not cast it?

I guess it's possible. I mean I'm sure if you went back and said you made a mistake and needed a new ballot it wouldn't be a big deal, and they may give you some grief for wasting a piece of paper on a joke.

He said he cast that ballot, and it is certainly less trouble for him to do so than for him to fill out another ballot, so I assume he's telling the truth.

His ballot was in my district and none of those races were highly contested so it's not like his lack of a "real" vote made any impact.

I'm not offended by the write ins, but, if judges aren't voted in that leaves their appointment up to???