Which one of you was this?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says it was a joke. Maybe a protest of the folks on the ballot and maybe the person values the qualities Kiko emulates....quiet, honest tenacity for the job he was tasked to do. Anyone offended may not understand why we have the process in the first place.

Then again that is assuming an awful lot about the person who did this. Here's to a proserpous future with whatever elected official takes office!

Really!! Grow up. I vote every election and find this in very bad taste.

Better than the people who show up at the polls and either pull a straight party line, or choose based off of position on the ballot, or names, or any other combination of ways to vote that indicate you really have no clue who you are voting for. Perhaps this guy didn't know anyone on the ballot, so he voted for someone he did!

That's kinda funny and given the state of politics in WNY, it might not be a bad thing if he won.

My question is though, in what universe would someone running for Justice of the Supreme Court, be listed as a Democrat and a Conservative??? If that isn't the biggest Oxymoron, I don't know what is.

Seriously, how in the hell did someone get away with paying off the election board to get that one to slip through on the ballot?

Gotta love the politics up there, you just never know what kind of crap will show up.

That guy apparently ran on, and won, both the Democratic and Conservative primary. It's possible, esp. in small elections. He could be a conservative-democrat. not that unusual. lots of them in W.Va. for example.

I agree with this sentiment. I vote for the positions I care about, and then entertain myself for the remaining positions. The fact that we have elected judges is a joke in and of itself.

That's the way to do it. I try to research everyone before hand, esp. the important positions like Judge, but sometimes some strange election comes up, and if I don't know either of the candidates, I'll write someone in. Better than voting for someone you don't know.

I'm not offended by the write ins, but, if judges aren't voted in that leaves their appointment up to???

In states that don't vote in Judges, the Governor generally appoints them with some sort of legislative approval. Similar to the way Federal Court appointments work.

best comment in the article:

On the Bills, veterans haze the rookies by making them become Buffalo politicians.

2nd best

He considered writing in Scott Norwood instead, but found his platform to be too far to the right

The dude actually took the trouble to go to the polling place, unlike so many millions of others each election cycle, and people don't like the way he voted. America, land of the free and the home of the butthurt.

He also took the trouble to pull out and use a camera. Which I think is frowned upon in a polling place ;)

best comment in the article:

On the Bills, veterans haze the rookies by making them become Buffalo politicians.

2nd best

He considered writing in Scott Norwood instead, but found his platform to be too far to the right

:thumbsup:

He also took the trouble to pull out and use a camera. Which I think is frowned upon in a polling place ;)

I guess that's in relation to your definition of what's frowned upon. It's definitely legal to take a picture of your ballot and post it publicly.

The only legal issue is when an employer or some other party demands that you provide proof that you voted a certain way. Everyone has the right to a secret ballot, and they also have to right to waive that secret, provided it's of their own volition, and not coerced like in the above example.

I guess that's in relation to your definition of what's frowned upon. It's definitely legal to take a picture of your ballot and post it publicly.

The only legal issue is when an employer or some other party demands that you provide proof that you voted a certain way. Everyone has the right to a secret ballot, and they also have to right to waive that secret, provided it's of their own volition, and not coerced like in the above example.

Really? I know for a fact that some places like immigration and customs don't allow cameras. I figured polling places would be afraid of people zooming in on other peoples ballots, or taking pictures of the sign in sheets, or other such things and ban them as well. Guess you really can learn something new every day.

Really? I know for a fact that some places like immigration and customs don't allow cameras. I figured polling places would be afraid of people zooming in on other peoples ballots, or taking pictures of the sign in sheets, or other such things and ban them as well. Guess you really can learn something new every day.

Varies from state to state. It's a misdemeanor in NY.

I'm not offended by the write ins, but, if judges aren't voted in that leaves their appointment up to???

There's no ideal way to do it. But I find the federal judge appointment system better than state judge elections. For state court judges, similar to federal system, we should have the governor appoint them and get the state senate to approve them. There is still politics involved, but far less than an election system. Plus, appointment system, in my view, leads to more qualified candidates.

I vote in every election. Last night we had local ones here in PA. I had a really lousy choice between two local candidates that I really didn't like. I couldn't stomach casting a vote for either and I hate leaving ballot spots blank so I kiko'ed it.

I know at some point in the near future either one of those candidates or their supporters will glance at the write ins and wonder who the hell is Kiko Alonso? It's just my way of extending the Bills brand.