The hardest part to accept is that there is nobody logical to blame

I didn't want to believe it but I knew that the game was over on that pick 6. Deep down inside I think everybody knew it. I thought Tuel and the coaching staff did an incredible thing by getting that many yards on a KC defense. Was Tuel the Reason we lost in the end? Yes, and it's just a shame that he had to make that throw. This team is so darn close to playing with ANYBODY but it does not take away the sting from yesterday.

Now is not the time to think about the draft, now is the time to see what a healthy team can do in the few games in the season. Is it guard, TE, possibly that defensive piece that puts them over the top, QB even? All I know is that if this team does not get to the playoffs next year, there will be somebody to blame. For now, we just have to struggle with the horrible what ifs that this season turned into because of QB injury...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1) dropped first down by Chandler 2) Push in the back to negate the Return TD 3) Missed fumble recovery by Mckelvin 4) Fred not being to punch it in on the 1 yard line 5 ) dropped first down by sure hands Easly 6) tipped ball by own player negating a first down by Chandler in the red zone 7) refs not knowing what a catch is. 8) two defenders collide together allowing Mclusters to drop a sure TD I HARDLY THINK IT WAS ONLY TUEL TO BLAME. This team makes mental mistakes and its Groundhog day for 14 years now!

So there isn't one man to blame... but you blame Tuel? What about TJ's fumble returned for a touchdown? What about Woods dropping the pass in the endzone? How about the holding call that brought back Leodis' punt return for a touchdown?

Every mistake this team made yesterday seemed to cost them points.

1) dropped first down by Chandler 2) Push in the back to negate the Return TD 3) Missed fumble recovery by Mckelvin 4) Fred not being to punch it in on the 1 yard line 5 ) dropped first down by sure hands Easly 6) tipped ball by own player negating a first down by Chandler in the red zone 7) refs not knowing what a catch is. 8) two defenders collide together allowing Mclusters to drop a sure TD I HARDLY THINK IT WAS ONLY TUEL TO BLAME. This team makes mental mistakes and its Groundhog day for 14 years now!

He would have caught that first down if Graham had not put his hand in front of it trying to showboat.

The chicken or the egg maybe? I mean, it would be logical to blame Tuel for the pick 6, but should he have been put in that position to have to make that play by the coaches? You could legitimately fault both parties there. TJ's fumble was terrible. Don't think I'd put any blame whatsoever on Fred for not being able to punch it in though...

I know. If he just dumps over center to Stevie the Bills Win.

This is the toughest loss of the season to accept.

The team played phenomenally. Two mistakes cost the game.

Yep. Just two. Turnovers lose games in the NFL. No one will remember how Hackett's terrible playcalling rolled up 470 yards against the leagues "best" defense. turnovers lose games. Injuries lose seasons. EJ's injury lost the season. A first time QBs two picks cost 10 points and TJ's failure on ball security cost 7 points and the game. Tough game the NFL. 3 - 6 is all anyone remembers.

Nice Job! I for one was pretty hard on Marone but I am really starting to think he is going to do fine. I like the fact that he is not affraid of change. If we can get a quality QB and a couple receivers ( get rid of SJ and TJ) we will be a force next year.

I didn't want to believe it but I knew that the game was over on that pick 6. Deep down inside I think everybody knew it. I thought Tuel and the coaching staff did an incredible thing by getting that many yards on a KC defense. Was Tuel the Reason we lost in the end? Yes, and it's just a shame that he had to make that throw. This team is so darn close to playing with ANYBODY but it does not take away the sting from yesterday.

Now is not the time to think about the draft, now is the time to see what a healthy team can do in the few games in the season. Is it guard, TE, possibly that defensive piece that puts them over the top, QB even? All I know is that if this team does not get to the playoffs next year, there will be somebody to blame. For now, we just have to struggle with the horrible what ifs that this season turned into because of QB injury...

Throwing the ball on 3rd and goal at the 1 with your 4th string quarterback at the shortest part of the field with a play design that is going to its 1st read in the most crowded area to arguably the worst receiver on the team.

Yeah, no blame to go around here.

Yes, there were a handful of mistakes by multiple Bills yesterday, but there were a handful of mistakes by multiple Chefs as well. At the end of the day, the pick 6 thrown by Tuel was the most costly, and the one that should have been avoided. You simply don't make a blind throw in that situation -- it's inexcusable.

Yes, there were a handful of mistakes by multiple Bills yesterday, but there were a handful of mistakes by multiple Chefs as well. At the end of the day, the pick 6 thrown by Tuel was the most costly, and the one that should have been avoided. You simply don't make a blind throw in that situation -- it's inexcusable.

Agreed - the pick 6 was the game plain and simple. If it doesn't happen, we win the game - even with other mistakes/turnovers.

Throwing the ball on 3rd and goal at the 1 with your 4th string quarterback at the shortest part of the field with a play design that is going to its 1st read in the most crowded area to arguably the worst receiver on the team.

Yeah, no blame to go around here.

What's weird is that up to that point Hackett did a great job of protecting Tuel. For example, the first pass play of the game was a great designed rollout. He had some easy crosses and outs. Mix in a couple of safe bombs. Was a really smart game plan in the first half.

Then, inexplicably, they go exotic at the 1 yard line on the most critical play of the game. Reminded me of about 10 years ago when we were killing the dolphins and Gregg Williams dials up a half back pass at the 5 yard line by Travis Henry. Henry threw a pick.

So there isn't one man to blame... but you blame Tuel? What about TJ's fumble returned for a touchdown? What about Woods dropping the pass in the endzone? How about the holding call that brought back Leodis' punt return for a touchdown?

Every mistake this team made yesterday seemed to cost them points.

That is my point exactly. Yes, I believe Tuel lost them the game, but it is hard for me to blame him knowing who he is and where his rank is on the team.

Agreed - the pick 6 was the game plain and simple. If it doesn't happen, we win the game - even with other mistakes/turnovers.

Correct. At that point, at worst, the Bills go up 10. The complexion of the rest of the game changes completely.

If there needs to be one man held responsible it's Hackett.

Only in video games do you PASS on the 1 yard line with two great running backs and a battering ram fullback in your arsenal. That was the game right there.

I'm sick of seeing CJ and FJ just barrel up the middle for a couple yards time and time again as well and the absolute criminal lack of screen passes.

The Bills should be screen passing all day long with the talent they have.

Sure there is Ralph Wilson. Once he kicks it MAYBE we can get an owner worth a damn in here. I doubt it though, fans want some local clown that already knows he can put crap on the field like Ralph did and the fan base will pay out the nose to come see it out of fear of the team moving.

You hit the nail on the head on the blame part. Tuel's throw resulted in only seven points and there was still most of a half to play. We made mistakes and misjudgments, but looked pretty darn good (except for the crucial and heartbreaking fact that we lost the game). Well get our six to eight wins and be a playoff contender next year. This year will be a hit and miss season. Let's sit back and enjoy what we can and live with the growing pains.

The chicken or the egg maybe? I mean, it would be logical to blame Tuel for the pick 6, but should he have been put in that position to have to make that play by the coaches? You could legitimately fault both parties there. TJ's fumble was terrible. Don't think I'd put any blame whatsoever on Fred for not being able to punch it in though...

1. He audibled out of a running play.

2. He's a QB in the NFL, not a high school freshman.

3. Tuel made some decent throws in tough spots like 3rd and long.

He was put in a position to go with the running play or audible if he saw a blitz, which he did. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to throw the ball to the wide open reciever 10 yards in front of him in the endzone.

The whole "Blame the coach" thing is weak. As I mentioned in a different thread, if Tuel hits Stevie to go up 17-3, would you feel the same way about the coaches? I seriously doubt it.

The coaches did a fantastic job of getting the players in the right position to make plays. Unfortunately, the players failed to execute in a few instances. But that what happens because players play and coaches coach.

I hate to see everyone pile on the rookie, but Tuel did cost us 2 games this year. We could have came out after halftime with no QB on the field and just ran CJ out of the wildcat for the entire half - and probably would have won the game.

If there needs to be one man held responsible it's Hackett.

Only in video games do you PASS on the 1 yard line with two great running backs and a battering ram fullback in your arsenal. That was the game right there.

I'm sick of seeing CJ and FJ just barrel up the middle for a couple yards time and time again as well and the absolute criminal lack of screen passes.

The Bills should be screen passing all day long with the talent they have.

Screens were used a good amount yesterday to good effect too