The hardest part to accept is that there is nobody logical to blame

Calling an option run/pass for the QB to decide based on the defense is being too cute?

This board man..

What grinds me even more is that Hackett wont even step up and say that he should not have put Tuel in that position. Just run three times up the middle, we get stopped, then fine. We kick the field goal and are up by two scores, have all the momentum, the crowd is into it, the D is playing well.......what else do you need? But of course, Hackett has to be Hackett and get cute. Oh, and what does Hackett say after the game "You can only protect a player so long". I am not fan of Hackett at all.

Now watch, when everything is said and done, we will finish around 8 - 8, have pretty nice year end offensive stat's and Hackett will get a lot of that credit. I said it this morning, play calls like that should get people fired, regardless of if they are in their first year or not.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What grinds me even more is that Hackett wont even step up and say that he should not have put Tuel in that position. Just run three times up the middle, we get stopped, then fine. We kick the field goal and are up by two scores, have all the momentum, the crowd is into it, the D is playing well.......what else do you need? But of course, Hackett has to be Hackett and get cute. Oh, and what does Hackett say after the game "You can only protect a player so long". I am not fan of Hackett at all.

Now watch, when everything is said and done, we will finish around 8 - 8, have pretty nice year end offensive stat's and Hackett will get a lot of that credit. I said it this morning, play calls like that should get people fired, regardless of if they are in their first year or not.

I just don't think asking a backup QB to hit a wide open guy 24 feet away is asking too much but evidently you do, and that's okay - to each his own. Just know that Tuel disagrees with you; he said it was 100% his own fault...

I didn't want to believe it but I knew that the game was over on that pick 6. Deep down inside I think everybody knew it. I thought Tuel and the coaching staff did an incredible thing by getting that many yards on a KC defense. Was Tuel the Reason we lost in the end? Yes, and it's just a shame that he had to make that throw. This team is so darn close to playing with ANYBODY but it does not take away the sting from yesterday.

Now is not the time to think about the draft, now is the time to see what a healthy team can do in the few games in the season. Is it guard, TE, possibly that defensive piece that puts them over the top, QB even? All I know is that if this team does not get to the playoffs next year, there will be somebody to blame. For now, we just have to struggle with the horrible what ifs that this season turned into because of QB injury...

Graham is lousy, and chandler, normally clutch had his worst game in a bills Uni yesterday.

He had three drops all at key times.

Tuels pick 6 let's face it, it was a bad play design. If you run a pick play on two outside guys and throw to an inside spot where the nickel DB was on the slot who also has an inside route, there is a very good chance that DB is there still.

If the DB peeks in at all, which he can because the slot is running inside of him instead of outside of him, or he presses and is still there or he just reads the QBs eyes knowing the blitz is coming, you have what we saw. Why they didn't motion Stevie left pre snap I cannot understand.

I just don't think asking a backup QB to hit a wide open guy 24 feet away is asking too much but evidently you do, and that's okay - to each his own. Just know that Tuel disagrees with you; he said it was 100% his own fault...

As I expect he would. But there wasn't enough time for a post snap read. He got it out immediately and still had a defender in his grill.