Jonathan Martin AWOL, Incognito suspended

uncle flap

If you are referring to my link, please detail. Right now I am at a loss after reading this. It had been speculated by others and team members said they didn't see anything but Tannehill flat out saying it makes me speechless.

Big brothers are often dysfunctional relationships full of resentment from little brother. Due to the context of family, or in this case team, things that would otherwise be unacceptable and cruel to little bro can be laughed off as boys being boys.... Don't know that's the case here but still may be.... Hazing often comes from people that should be friends, mentors and trusted people. As I said early in the thread, who knows what was in martins life too. Things like "trying to fit in" and struggles on the field.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know at this point, this story is the strangest thing I've ever seen. Massive coverup? The voicemail, while obviously in bad taste, seems more and more "off" compared to these reports.

I am going on a limb here and will be lamb basted here...

This sounds like a lovers squabble. If you have ever dated a whacky or crazy chick this **** can happen quickly. It can go from happy and normal to 100 mph nonsense and crazy...back to 0 mph like you do not exist...to carefree and nonchalant...to throwing things. It is like the only piece of speculative puzzle I have that fits all of the details we have...and I am not really about to play that piece. I...mean, really? Two big gay dudes going at it like this?

Big brothers are often dysfunctional relationships full of resentment from little brother. Due to the context of family, or in this case team, things that would otherwise be unacceptable and cruel to little bro can be laughed off as boys being boys.... Don't know that's the case here but still may be.... Hazing often comes from people that should be friends, mentors and trusted people. As I said early in the thread, who knows what was in martins life too. Things like "trying to fit in" and struggles on the field.

but, by all accounts (and speculating, since my fan base likes to critique me)...he actively chose and sought out contact and association with Richie. That's the part I do not get...at all. Did he want to be the victim Did he have some sort of Shoutbox Dog#### complex?

Where did I say definitely? Oh right, I didn't. It's speculation. Thanks.

Healthy as in the opposite of sick? He checked in for "treatment." Whether it's a non-story point just thrown out by the media, or the sign of something worse, we don't know. Maybe Incogito bit his leg off. Who knows?

If it wasn't an innocuous or normal visit, I would be surprised if it wasn't a mental health visit. Having emotional trauma or any thing of the sort is considered a mental issue. But, I'm surprised you jumped to your snarky and holier-than-thou response. That's really not like you.

Mental health visits ARE normal visits. Or are you stuck in the dark ages? I forget, do witches float or sink?

I am going on a limb here and will be lamb basted here...

This sounds like a lovers squabble. If you have ever dated a whacky or crazy chick this **** can happen quickly. It can go from happy and normal to 100 mph nonsense and crazy...back to 0 mph like you do not exist...to carefree and nonchalant...to throwing things. It is like the only piece of speculative puzzle I have that fits all of the details we have...and I am not really about to play that piece. I...mean, really? Two big gay dudes going at it like this?

but, by all accounts (and speculating, since my fan base likes to critique me)...he actively chose and sought out contact and association with Richie. That's the part I do not get...at all. Did he want to be the victim Did he have some sort of Shoutbox Dog#### complex?

Likewise speculating but wouldn't trying to gain acceptance be basic approach to fixing the situation. Perhaps being across the country in a strange city, being side by side for hours he thought "well if I can just suck it up and get past these tests I'll be accepted and it'll all get better"

Why do pledges pay hundreds if not thousands to get hazed? It wouldn't be weird in the hazing psychology even though it's messed up.

It's possible teammates and even Richie had the behaviors so ingrained in them that he truly believes he didnt do anything wrong.

Having been around the Greek community, and having done dozens of hazing education sessions in my time none of it sounds as bizarre as you make it seem. We will see how extreme things got or if Martin was particularly sensitive but generally speaking it still pretty easily fits the basics of just about any hazing story

It's possible teammates and even Richie had the behaviors so ingrained in them that he truly believes he didnt do anything wrong.

I'll raise your possible with a probable, and am fully prepared to call it almost certain.

Mental health visits ARE normal visits. Or are you stuck in the dark ages? I forget, do witches float or sink?

While some are to treat illness, others are quite normal checkups to make sure all is in order. I get what both of you are saying here but think he needs to remember that talking to someone doesnt equate to illness though. There can be a whole lot of overlap but it's not 100%

I'll raise your possible with a probable, and am fully prepared to call it almost certain.

Yup. I could probably have worded that more strongly for the leaders. I guess in a wider net, some also likely felt conflicted about things like that but didnt want to stick out or didnt think they had the credibility, or simply weren't sure - plenty here in sure have mixed feelings about where the line falls and what they would do in that situation if they were the backup center or a quality control coach.

Where did I say definitely? Oh right, I didn't. It's speculation. Thanks.

Healthy as in the opposite of sick? He checked in for "treatment." Whether it's a non-story point just thrown out by the media, or the sign of something worse, we don't know. Maybe Incogito bit his leg off. Who knows?

If it wasn't an innocuous or normal visit, I would be surprised if it wasn't a mental health visit. Having emotional trauma or any thing of the sort is considered a mental issue. But, I'm surprised you jumped to your snarky and holier-than-thou response. That's really not like you.

What are you talking about? People aren't denying he went to get some kind of treatment, they just aren't sure if he went because he is so traumatized, or if he went to justify leaving the team. Get it?

What an intriguing group of thoughtful gentlemen are here abouts, seriously .

Jboys said Lamb Basting.

I got hungry all of a sudden . But i dont eat Lamb because my youngest (23) daughter said its cruel to the animal and to advocate the process by eating was wrong.

I miss eating veal french.

But i will not eat it again.

trust is an interesting trait

Hazing is a bad word

Witches though , float .

because they are created from wood .

What are you talking about? People aren't denying he went to get some kind of treatment, they just aren't sure if he went because he is so traumatized, or if he went to justify leaving the team. Get it?

He's talking about marginalizing an entire segment of society because he doesn't agree that mental illness is a very real and NORMAL, medical condition.

I agree and easily see this being the case...but...come on? Is it really that simple? Such a stupid crap fest being played out by media narratives is just the ancient jock lifestyle?

What an intriguing group of thoughtful gentlemen are here abouts, seriously .

Jboys said Lamb Basting.

I got hungry all of a sudden . But i dont eat Lamb because my youngest (23) daughter said its cruel to the animal and to advocate the process by eating was wrong.

I miss eating veal french.

But i will not eat it again.

trust is an interesting trait

Hazing is a bad word

Witches though , float .

because they are created from wood .

Sounds like you're having a bit of a crisis over there. How's your self of steam? You can always have some frettata and pickle juice, but be sure to ask Sue if you need any help finding a good recipe, though.