Jonathan Martin AWOL, Incognito suspended

uncle flap

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where is the dolphins PR people in this? These players shouldn't be allowed to talk about this incident.

I think the Dolphins are still interviewing PR firms to take on this special project, trying to get a call back from the last firm they told "If you F*(K this up, we'll rip all of your heads off and S#*% down your throats, then we'll go slap your real mothers!. . . ."

Are any Dolphins on record saying how wrong the Eagles racist receiver was for using the N word earlier this year? If so, news outlets should play that clip before all of the most recent ones of them saying how they love Incognito

They are all hypocrites of the highest order.

It seems that if Riley had been "considered black" (like Incognito apparently is) then he could have made reference to the N word and not be considered to be a racist and a bigot. :rolleyes:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/11/richie-incognito-considered-black-in-dolphins-locker-room.html

But the theme of the week was the dolphins had no idea. After the dez Bryant stuff you wonder what kind of judgement or leadership Ireland provided too. I've mentioned philbin more lately but that team has some guys I'm happy we don't which reflects poorly on Ireland

And SjBF - though it's swaying public opinion, if there were actual incidents the players have now given the dynamic that the locker room would also be hostile to return to - last thing dolphins brass should condone in this situation.

I know it's become an Internet meme, but let's put context into Ireland's famous Bryant question.

[paraphrase]

Ireland: What did your father do?

Bryant: He was a pimp

Ireland: What did your mother do?

Bryant: She worked for my dad

Ireland: Was she a prostitute?

Bryant: No, she just worked for him

Not saying that's exactly how the conversation went, but that was the gist. Ireland didn't come flat out and asked if Bryant's mom was a hooker.

Incognito and Martin: An Insider’s Story

Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Lydon Murtha pulls back the curtain on what he saw and what he’s heard of the relationship between Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin, from the locker room dynamic to that now-famous O-line trip to Vegas

That is interesting. Also interesting is the fact that this guy can't tell the whole insider's story of what has transpired over the past year when he hasn't been on the team. He was around Martin and Incognito for exactly one preseason, not the season that followed nor any of this year.

Not dismissing his story outright, but it's hard to say as the headline does, "he never bullied him" when there is incomplete information.

This is a really well-written story, if he actually wrote it. Probably the most balanced and knowledgable account, as well.

But it ends in August of 2012.

Incognito and Martin: An Insider’s Story

Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Lydon Murtha pulls back the curtain on what he saw and what he’s heard of the relationship between Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin, from the locker room dynamic to that now-famous O-line trip to Vegas

For a guy that "doesn't have a dog in this fight", he sure writes as though he does. And I agree with RTDB--he was around them for all of 3 months--how can he act so informed?

They are all hypocrites of the highest order.

It seems that if Riley had been "considered black" (like Incognito apparently is) then he could have made reference to the N word and not be considered to be a racist and a bigot. :rolleyes:

http://miamiherald.t...ocker-room.html

For what it's worth, Mike Pouncey seemed to be okay with Cooper after his remarks:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/08/dolphins-mike-pouncey-really-feels-bad-for-eagles-riley-cooper/

Apparently so were RB Mike Gillislee and CB Brent Grimes:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Riley-Cooper-Philadelphia-Eagles-Mike-Pouncey-other-NFL-players-respond-080113

This is a really well-written story, if he actually wrote it. Probably the most balanced and knowledgable account, as well.

Great article.

Appears very balanced and very insightful to the entire situation.

It also appears more and more like Martin snapped. Martin appears that he was ok with RI and that they where friends. Suddenly Martin decided he did not like the way he and RI interacted. Time will tell the true story. I still stand by that i think Martin has an agenda, or he may have some mental issues. If it is mental issues i feel very bad for him.

It could be that Martin does not want to play football. Maybe the guy was good at it and built for it, but does not love it. Maybe it was a dream for others but not him? Who really knows right now what is going on inside Martin's head.

The article is also correct in the fact that both Martin and Incognito's careers will never be the same.

Great article.

Appears very balanced and very insightful to the entire situation.

It also appears more and more like Martin snapped. Martin appears that he was ok with RI and that they where friends. Suddenly Martin decided he did not like the way he and RI interacted. Time will tell the true story. I still stand by that i think Martin has an agenda, or he may have some mental issues. If it is mental issues i feel very bad for him.

It could be that Martin does not want to play football. Maybe the guy was good at it and built for it, but does not love it. Maybe it was a dream for others but not him? Who really knows right now what is going on inside Martin's head.

The article is also correct in the fact that both Martin and Incognito's careers will never be the same.

we will see - its early to discount the fact that martin met with philbin in the spring over issues and his agent called ireland recently over issues, and the teams answers so far amount to "we didnt know" and its being leaked that it was "so punch him in the mouth." in fact, all this could lend credibility to the idea that martin felt he had no support in the staff or locker room and had a reason to just walk out.... though we still only have so much info.

im not doubting that martin may have had his hand in it escalating more than it could have otherwise, but theres reason to pause when reading the team/teammates accounts the last couple days. JMs big document he is preparing will almost certainly leak and should be interesting.

Edited by NoSaint

FWIW, Mike Pouncey also might be OK with a few things that the general public finds despicable, like Aaron Hernandez, for example.

I feel like it's pretty obvious that I'm not condoning Pouncey's viewpoint; I was answering the question about whether or not the Miami players had opined about Riley Cooper's comments.

http://www.cnn.com/2...phins-bullying/

Tannehill: RI saw Martin as a little brother.

And older brothers never "Bully" their siblings, right?

Silence over

http://nfl.si.com/20...t2_a1&eref=sihp

Bart Hubbuch

@HubbuchNYP

Hartline is outraged because he says Martin was passing the voicemail around earlier in the year and laughing about it.

5:28 PM - 6 Nov 2013

While interesting it seems more like "We like RI more so let's rally behind him". I think all the them should keep their mouths shut. One, if you are taking sides, which they are, it shows whom the favor, and second shows they really don't consider martin a team mate.

The Dolphin's really need to get this clamped down ... this is embarrassing and a huge distraction.

Edited by cklapka

While interesting it seems more like "We like RI more so let's rally behind him". I think all the them should keep their mouths shut. One, if you are taking sides, which they are, it shows whom the favor, and second shows they really don't consider martin a team mate.

The Dolphin's really need to get this clamped down ... this is embarrassing and a huge distraction.

I think it shows that they value RI as a player and don't care about Martin returning because he isn't very good.

That's right. They don't like him and don't consider him a teammate.

I suspect that it's very difficult for a "different" personality type to separate himself psychologically and emotionally from his teammates and still make his way in the NFL. I suspect parking yourself on an island like that is not impossible tho. If you are a great player and on top of that one nasty mofo who doesn't take crap from anybody you can probably do it. But Martin is not that kind of guy or player.

little brother learns to hit back when he grows up and stops running to mommy. And he usually doesn't have to resort to going a hospital. There is a reason he won't run to dad, too...btw

little brother learns to hit back when he grows up and stops running to mommy. And he usually doesn't have to resort to going a hospital. There is a reason he won't run to dad, too...btw

and theres a reason (despite the often great relationships between brothers) it could be a terrible dynamic to nurture at a place of employment between adult coworkers - even if its supposed to be a tough and manly place.

and theres a reason (despite the often great relationships between brothers) it could be a terrible dynamic to nurture at a place of employment between adult coworkers - even if its supposed to be a tough and manly place.

which is why the whole issue of bullying is rather annoying in this country. You punch a bully in the face 20 years ago. Today you cannot do that or you'll get in moretrouble tthen the bully. And if you do you have to deal with a lot more bullying sometimes.

Besides. There are many many differences in sibling relationship and professional relationship. The big brother little brother scenario applied to this situation is way too different.

which is why the whole issue of bullying is rather annoying in this country. You punch a bully in the face 20 years ago. Today you cannot do that or you'll get in moretrouble tthen the bully. And if you do you have to deal with a lot more bullying sometimes.

Besides. There are many many differences in sibling relationship and professional relationship. The big brother little brother scenario applied to this situation is way too different.

And just because RI considered Martin a little brother doesn't mean those feelings were mutual. And people often treat family far worse than they would others. ... you look at Thanksgivings lol

I feel like it's pretty obvious that I'm not condoning Pouncey's viewpoint; I was answering the question about whether or not the Miami players had opined about Riley Cooper's comments.

Of course. I'm just pointing out that this is coming from a rather suspect person.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I decided that Martin was a strong, manly victim of severe bullying the second I heard the report about the voicemail and no amount of evidence to the contrary is going to change my mind. Ever.

Edited by Rob's House