What to do with TJ Graham?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send a message and deactivate him next week if woods can play. Relegating to special teams doesn't work because he doesn't play special teams. He needs to sit. He has one of the worst pair of hands I've ever seen, let's the ball get to his body too much and is horrible at locating the ball in the air. Just a garbage receiver - I've felt this way long before today's debacle.

And no, hogan and/or Easley are not long term replacements. Neither of those guys is a capable receiver.

I blame the 4th and 3 failed pass on Graham too. It was a catchable ball, but TJ slowed down when he looked up for the ball. He has terrible ball skills.

I have defended Graham for a long time (i.e., saying he needs more time), but am thinking he will never really develop.

This happened right in front of me and I felt the same way. Tuel made the right read, the route was there and the throw surprisingly good. Graham just couldn't find the ball.

Recognize a) that he is a second-year receiver and b) Chris Hogan and Marcus Easley are far worse options. I agree with NoSaint that, if better talent is available to replace him and Hogan in the off-season, the team should do so (Easley will stay for STs). Have faith.

I was skeptical about his lack of production in college. I thought his presence in the offense last year was more hindrance than help and it looks much the same this year. I am a little biased though. I like what Naaman Roosevelt had to offer as an NFL WR and TJ basically bumped him off the roster. Superior hands, reliable routes, can make adjustments to beat defenders to the ball. I'd take that package over "elite speed" every day of the week. I am hoping TJ will eventually prove me wrong.

He has not played well since he has been drafted. He can't seem to create space on screen passes. Doesn't run great routes or have great hands on the short or intermediate stuff. Today he couldn't make a leaping catch on the long ball. It's not even about the fumble today. He just isn't that good.

Do you try him on punt returns and leave Leodis to playing CB?

Even calling him a poor mans Roscoe Parrish is an insult to Roscoe.

If they cut Nelson this off season you have to think Graham is on the outs as well. He is a non factor in the offense.

pass on him, and draft TY Hiton . . .

I was skeptical about his lack of production in college. I thought his presence in the offense last year was more hindrance than help and it looks much the same this year. I am a little biased though. I like what Naaman Roosevelt had to offer as an NFL WR and TJ basically bumped him off the roster. Superior hands, reliable routes, can make adjustments to beat defenders to the ball. I'd take that package over "elite speed" every day of the week. I am hoping TJ will eventually prove me wrong.

and you can throw David Nelson in there as well, at last he could catch, usually a good quality in a WR

Anyone on this board who can defend TJ Graham's overall game and who continues to tout his potential...should be banned from this board. Just to highlight the obvious, he is poor at tracking the ball in the air, can't time his jumps properly, doesn't seem to get separation for a "speedester", doesn't catch the ball with his hands- let's it bounce off his body, obviously didn't protect the ball yesterday when he did catch it to cause the final crushing blow to the game. It seems like 50% of the passes to him end up in a disaster?!? ugh. Terrible football player.

Anyone on this board who can defend TJ Graham's overall game and who continues to tout his potential...should be banned from this board. Just to highlight the obvious, he is poor at tracking the ball in the air, can't time his jumps properly, doesn't seem to get separation for a "speedester", doesn't catch the ball with his hands- let's it bounce off his body, obviously didn't protect the ball yesterday when he did catch it to cause the final crushing blow to the game. It seems like 50% of the passes to him end up in a disaster?!? ugh. Terrible football player.

*Hammer hitting nail on head*

Remember last year when Fitzpatrick read was to go to TJ Graham in the endzone in that critical pick last year? Deja Vu. The results are very similar to past regimes.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

A combination of Tuel and the entire receiving corps lost this game they were awful except for our speed guy. Scott Chandler had critical drops. Graham had the obvious fumble for -6 . Johnson didn't do enough Easley blew his chance with a horrific drop. Woods had chances to make great plays but fell short. It's a shame because the game plan was solid on offense and defense. Spiller and Jackson were terrific in spite of injuries. The offensive line was outstanding and the Defense didn't give up a TD. The bad news is that we are falling behind the AFC East in spite of some great efforts. I think Tuel has the potential to make a living in this league his arm needs to get stronger. Tuel might want to go to the Canadian league for a couple of years and then come back down. Pro football needs a minor league for a guy like Tuel.

Our receiving corp is marginal at best. We lost today because our receivers and QB played well below par. Tuel started out well and than started lobbing the ball all over the field. He does not have an NFL arm. We were in the red zone 3 times and came away w two field goals and a pick six the other way. That being said our receivers did nothing to help Tuel out. Chandler was horrible and is the slowest most unathletic starting TE in the league. Goodwin had the nice deep catch, but was invisible the rest of the game. Graham's fumble was critical. He Woods and Goodwin did not make any of the tough jump ball type catches. And Stevie was his typical average self. When was the last time any of our receivers made a tough catch? I can't think of one this year...seriously. None of them ever come down w the 50/50 type balls. This is not a receiving corp that presents matchup problems for the defense, except Goodwin on the occasional fly. We have to find two big wideouts (one can be a TE) going forward to create matchup problems for the opposition. That is how teams win in today's NFL. To rush for well over 200 yards in score ONLY 13 pts is unacceptable. The passing game has to be totally revamped.. This is what is holding back the team at this point. I don't care who is playing QB, it is not up to NFL standards.