most brutal plays in Bills' history

KikO M G

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McKelvin's fumbled kick return against the Pats..

I know it wasn't game/season/ franchise altering, but the last play of Trent Edwards Bills career is one that was just maddening.. and seemed to sum up my life as a Bills fan.

Where does that pick 6 rank? A complete season-altering moment. It's no wide right, but I'm going to be having nightmares about that one for a long time.

We actually talked about this at the tailgate......it wasn't so much the moment.....because it isn't a big game in franchise history........but the pass itself was one of the worst in franchise history, IMO. Just an atrocious call and inexcusable pass.

I don't usually get into the whole process of blaming the play calling for losing, more often than not it is more about executing the play calls properly than it is about the call itself...... but when you run for 250 yards against a team and you have a lousy UDFA quarterback....you run that ball again and take the field goal if it doesn't work.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

If we win today, we are 4-5 with winnable games on the horizon and the return of our qb. Today's play may be 2nd to the EJ manuel hit in Cleveland to be of most recent few years as bad plays. Today's loss has pretty much eliminated us from any chance of a playoff, so now we have about 300 days before we have that hope again.

Feels like a lost season

The play where Goodwin batted the ball out of Chandler's hands in the redZone and the Bills had to settle for the last FG killed me.

No one but the Buffalo Bills could have two wide open receivers in the same area in the red zone, the ball perfectly thrown, and no one catch the ball.

Goodwin looked like he knew he screwed up but what for the ball then backed away and Chandler couldn't do anything off of the deflection.

Pathetic.

I cant seem to get upset anymore.

I've been the only Bills fan in the same bar in Fall River, MA for over 12 years. Mostly Pats fans, of course, but a lot of Steelers, Dolphins, Cowboys, and others represented. None of them can believe that I haven't broken anything yet. "How can you stay so calm, that play just sucked!!!!!!!" I've heard it a thousand times.

No longer do I allow myself the anguished yells / sighs / curses. I get a little buzz when we score, but I can't possibly allow that to linger; I know better.

Basically I'm deluding myself into thinking it's fun to be civil with the assembled bunch of jerks so that I don't feel the pain so much any more. The junk better get better quick, 'cuz this addiction is really starting to wear thin again.

Id say it was the second worst play I've ever witnessed by the Bills. Number 1 would be the fumble by Leodis against the Pats in week 1 of 2009. Third place goes to the Stevie Johnson drop against the Steelers that would have won the game in overtime, I believe in 2010. I wasn't really a serious Bills fan until the JP Losman days so I can't really list plays before that.

I felt before the game that this week was our Super Bowl. Playoffs were a long shot, so here we have an 8-0 team coming to Buffalo in what was basically a nationally televised game. It was like all eyes were on us. This was our moment. Up 10-3 at the half with an undrafted rookie QB, here we start the 3rd quarter with big gains down the field. What a statement! At the goal line we stand to go up 17-3 and with our defense playing absolutely stout it felt like that would be enough to win this thing.

Then, it happened. A 100. Yard. INT. Return. In one fell swoop, an inexplicable moment, the air was sucked out of the stadium. A punch to the gut, a 14 point swing. The game was tied at 10 but suddenly we had that feeling that the game was over, and the Chiefs would win. That same snakebitten, been here before, hopeless feeling.

I had virtually no reaction to the play. I was almost numb. I really don't have anything against Tuel. He showed some good things today. But this play, this crushing play, seems like it erased them all.

Part of getting out of this funk as Bills fans is trying to overcome this culture of losing and feeling snake bitten, and a lot it is attitude. But man, sooner or later we just have to catch a break.

During the goal line pick 6, on TV it looked like SJ13 was the first Bill to see it happening. Did he try to pursue the KC player who made the int ? It looked like he just stood there frustrated. SJ would have had the best chance of making a tackle on that play.

Jim Kelly throwing a pick 6 to terrell buckley in the end zone in the final seconds with the game on the line ranks a tad higher.

That was preceded by one of the worst Intentional Grounding calls I've ever seen.

That is precisely the game and play that came to mind as I watched that INT return. Just brutal.

During the goal line pick 6, on TV it looked like SJ13 was the first Bill to see it happening. Did he try to pursue the KC player who made the int ? It looked like he just stood there frustrated. SJ would have had the best chance of making a tackle on that play.

I watched Stevie on that play he knew it was going to be a TD the other way. However, there was no way in hell he could have got to the Db to make that tackle. Actually Tuel himself had a decent angle to tackle but looked like a little kid in his attempt to get the interceptor. At least he could have forced him to the side to slow him down but it seemed that he had no support from the speedier members of the offense.

Edited by Livinginthepast