Release Tuel

Nyghtewynd

very well for a rookie? he threw a 100 yard pick six from the 1 yard line against a undefeated team who couldn't move the ball to save their life!?!!!!!! if he hiked the ball, ran backwords 35 yards and dove to the ground, it would have been a better play! he underthrew 3 or 4 deepballs where the WR had 2 or 3 yards at least on everyone! he has a chicken arm and a bad spiral, NO BUSINESS IN BUFFALO!

This guy is ready to be an NFL coach with his in-depth analysis of the game. You must have a wealth of experience.

Seriously though I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone who KNOWS football and is over the age of like, 9, say "he hiked the ball" especially in reference to the QB. It's called a snap, man. A snap.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is ready to be an NFL coach with his in-depth analysis of the game. You must have a wealth of experience.

Seriously though I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone who KNOWS football and is over the age of like, 9, say "he hiked the ball" especially in reference to the QB. It's called a snap, man. A snap.

^^^^^^^^^LMAO!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's not ridiculous at all. You can't win in this league with a guy that has poor arm strength and average accuracy. Maybe he improves, but right now he's the worst starting QB in the league.

At least with Thad he can zip the ball in spots. EJ has all the tools. Tuel, just either needs time to get stronger or maybe he won't get there. But starting him now is an embarrassment.

He's not a starting QB!! OMFG.....you are acting like they benched Manuel and Lewis and "started" Tuel. Wake the hell up!

Because although that was a horrible play, I don't really put all the blame on him. Those three downs were mismanaged from the start. Stacking everyone in the box only let's the defense do the same. It's not surprising that we didn't punch it in. Then you put the kid in a tough situation on 3rd down. That's on the coaches in my opinion.

My view of Tuel is that I've seen enough of him to think that he just doesn't have an NFL arm. He gets way to much air under his throws which is why he consistently overthrew guys on intermediate routes and under threw guys on deep balls. He had a great throw on the TD to Goodwin (have to give him credit for that).

It's a tough situation for Buffalo, but I think you gotta try and put Flynn out there if Thad or EJ isn't ready. Maybe he will suck too, but we know Tuel sucks so why the F not.

Funny....Flynn is gone and Tuel is still here....guess you don't know more than the coaches....

Edited by Azucho98

Thanks for the clip, it was good to see it from the TV perspective rather than at the game.

Im my opinion, from watching it on that playback, Graham was never open. Smith was standing there the entire time. No doubt that he got completely smoked and was supposed to stick with Stevie, but he didn't. You can't make excuses for the QB by saying, "Gee, if the defense did this, that play would have worked".

Smith, at worst, took a stutter step to his left because he thought Stevie was going that way. It doesn't mean that Tuel is off the hook and it was an unlucky play. Tuel needs to read that from the second he picked his head up and see that SJ13 is wide open or breaking wide open.

Ifsmith covered his man like he was supposed to Graham was open for the slant pass. Could the CB have come up from behind and hit hit him when the ball got there---sure. He wasnt wide open as Stevie was.

Why stop with the 3rd string QB? Release EVERYONE who isn't good enough to start, because they might have to start some day due to injuries. That way, when injuries do occur, and they will, our backups and their backups are just as good as the guy they were backing up.

^^^^^^^^^LMAO!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He's not a starting QB!! OMFG.....

Funny....Flynn is gone and Tuel is still here....guess you don't know more than the coaches....

Are you referring to my posts? I wasn't sure because your response didn't have a ton of arrows and 'LOL's which is the standard 14 year old girl M.O. for responding to posts on message boards.

Ifsmith covered his man like he was supposed to Graham was open for the slant pass. Could the CB have come up from behind and hit hit him when the ball got there---sure. He wasnt wide open as Stevie was.

I guess I don't understand how that is a defense to an int. Smith was there the entire time. He didn't move more than a couple feet. The ball hit him in the chest. He didn't even fall down and get up. He was standing there, in Tuels vision and passing lane, the whole play.

If QBs are just going to start throwing passes based on what the defense is 'supposed' to do, interceptions are going to skyrocket.

Thankfully it sounds like EJ is back this week and so is Thad so hopefully we won't see Tuel in action again until next preseason. End the misery that is the Jeff Tuel era.

wow did i learn a lot reading through this.

bout some of the posters here.

Not unexpected.

The guys i expect to be reasonable stayed reasonable after this game.

For me..

Noble effort in a difficult situation .

Hindsight says mistakes were made, but also say that very real opportunities were missed. That can be fixed

To me Bills look a little bit better each game with the details and i continue to believe this staff is one I can get behind to root for .

I vote we keep Tuel and lose flynn once EJ is chucking the ball again.

by the way i am getting pretty pissed at TJ Graham again and starting to think otherwise of him . Easly is a ST star but that drop earns him a demerit for sure too.

But

Go Bills !

My final post on this:

I don't really blame Tuel for that play. I think it was a very difficult situation for a guy of his caliber and he should never have been asked to make that play. The coaches need to better understand the situation and understand that 13-3 with a chance at 17-3 if we punch it in via run is not a bad situation given the way out defense was playing and how inept KC looked.

My issue with Tuel and why I was outspoken on this is because I just don't see him having the basic physical tools to be an NFL QB. Maybe in the long run he does and I'm wrong, but right now it's clear he doesn't. If they want to stash him on the PS, that's fine. I don't think we necessarily have to cut him.

You guys are a buch of front runners just looking for a scapegoat for the loss because you

are upset we lost. Why don!t you get after Graham, Badham, Stevie "don!t call me Steve", or

some of our other receivers who are going to the Pro Bowl, along with the OC who did not

call a run play on that 3rd down. You can!t have a pick 6 if you don!t throw the ball,

and you can!t catch the bill when you run bad routes.

JeffTuel was not invited to the NFL scouting combine.

won only 4 out of 26 games in college

"STRENGTHS - Tuel is a prototype sized quarterback. He throws the ball mechanically well when he sets his feet. He has a quick release and a compact delivery and he makes his throws look effortless. Tuel is semi-accurate throwing the ball to the short area of the field.

"WEAKNESSES - Tuel runs a wide-open offense out of the shotgun spread and he doesn't have to read progressions. He has very little arm strength and the ball looks like it has no velocity or revolution to it when it is in the air. The ball seems to float through the air with no drive. There are major concerns about his ability to throw the ball through wind. Tuel tends to throw the ball very high when moving to the left. He has no escape-ability with his feet and he will not make any plays in this aspect of the game in the NFL. Tuel does not feel pressure well and does not throw the ball well into the face of pressure. Tuel lost his job as a senior and there are bound to be questions about this in the pre-draft process.

SUMMARY - Jeffrey Tuel is a senior quarterback playing in Mike Leach's spread offense. There are few progressions that he has to read as the pre-snap read is where the ball goes. When he does go through his progressions he seems to make mistakes with the ball as he tries to fit the ball into tight spaces and his arm simply won't allow him to make those throws. Tuel is going to struggle with a few issues that he won't be able to overcome in the NFL. He doesn't have much ability to move and escape pressure and it will only get worse as the players get faster and stronger in the NFL. Tuel lacks good arm strength and will never be able to make all of the throws that he needs to make as an NFL quarterback. He is mechanically sound, has a quick release and a good throwing motion, but the ball doesn't jump out of his hand. Tuel throws a floating football that seems to stay in the air far too long. He doesn't handle pressure very well and will make poor decisions when pressured. Given that he has little arm talent, doesn't have great escape-ability and tends to make poor decisions, Tuel is not a player that should be drafted. Tuel should be a priority free agent in the 2013 NFL draft."

http://www.nationalf...ml&player=42701

I remain skeptical that Tuel will ever become a decent NFL QB.

Edited by FeartheLosing

"STRENGTHS - Tuel is a prototype sized quarterback. He throws the ball mechanically well when he sets his feet. He has a quick release and a compact delivery and he makes his throws look effortless. Tuel is semi-accurate throwing the ball to the short area of the field.

"WEAKNESSES - Tuel runs a wide-open offense out of the shotgun spread and he doesn't have to read progressions. He has very little arm strength and the ball looks like it has no velocity or revolution to it when it is in the air. The ball seems to float through the air with no drive. There are major concerns about his ability to throw the ball through wind. Tuel tends to throw the ball very high when moving to the left. He has no escape-ability with his feet and he will not make any plays in this aspect of the game in the NFL. Tuel does not feel pressure well and does not throw the ball well into the face of pressure. Tuel lost his job as a senior and there are bound to be questions about this in the pre-draft process.

SUMMARY - Jeffrey Tuel is a senior quarterback playing in Mike Leach's spread offense. There are few progressions that he has to read as the pre-snap read is where the ball goes. When he does go through his progressions he seems to make mistakes with the ball as he tries to fit the ball into tight spaces and his arm simply won't allow him to make those throws. Tuel is going to struggle with a few issues that he won't be able to overcome in the NFL. He doesn't have much ability to move and escape pressure and it will only get worse as the players get faster and stronger in the NFL. Tuel lacks good arm strength and will never be able to make all of the throws that he needs to make as an NFL quarterback. He is mechanically sound, has a quick release and a good throwing motion, but the ball doesn't jump out of his hand. Tuel throws a floating football that seems to stay in the air far too long. He doesn't handle pressure very well and will make poor decisions when pressured. Given that he has little arm talent, doesn't have great escape-ability and tends to make poor decisions, Tuel is not a player that should be drafted. Tuel should be a priority free agent in the 2013 NFL draft."

These the same draft experts that said Russell was too short? That Tom Brady wasn't good? That EJ Manuel wasn't the best QB in the draft?

No he did not. The game was tied after the pick 6. The game was lost by the TJ fumble. This Tuel lead team also produced the most amount of offense for this season.

for one, I'm a Tuel supporter. I think he played better than expected. If you don't think the three picks didn't cost a game, you're crazy. He played well, but hurt his team the worst possible way on the goal line.

These the same draft experts that said Russell was too short? That Tom Brady wasn't good? That EJ Manuel wasn't the best QB in the draft?

Sit back and think a min, those QB's you mentioned were all invited to the NFL combine, and were actually drafted.

Tuel was such a project he wasn't drafted by any of the 32 teams.

Brady in College won 20-25 games. Beat Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl in 1998, beat Alabama in the Orange bowl in 1999 throwing for 369 yards and 4 TD's. Not exactly a player like Tuel who only won 4 out of 26 games.

Obviously the Bills coaches see something in this kid to keep him off the practice squad, and to actually start him in an NFL game his first year. I just don't see it yet, and remain skeptical. Although, these are the very same coaches that thought Colin Brown was a valuable starter at LG right up until they cut him from the team in week five. I'm not advocating cutting him at all, I just don't think he should have been starting just yet.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Sit back and think a min, those QB's you mentioned were all invited to the NFL combine, and were actually drafted.

Brady in College won 20-25 games. Beat Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl in 1998, beat Alabama in the Orange bowl in 1999 throwing for 369 yards and 4 TD's. Not exactly a player like Tuel who only won 4 out of 26 games.

Obviously the Bills coaches see something in this kid to keep him off the practice squad, and to actually start him in an NFL game his first year. I just don't see it yet, and remain skeptical. Although, these are the very same coaches that thought Colin Brown was a valuable starter at LG right up until they cut him from the team in week five. I'm not advocating cutting him at all, I just don't think he should have been starting just yet.

Being reasonable and making sense doesn't get you a lot of support around here. But I, for one, am completely with you.

Anyone who watched that game with an unbiased set of eyes would be, at best, VERY skeptical that Tuel can be a successful QB. The scouting reports you posted pretty much matched exactly what we witnessed in his two games. I was shocked at how bad his arm was.

Expectations around here are so low that Jeff Tuel gets support because he, "did better than I thought he would". Unfortunately for the Bills, that doesn't win games in the NFL. Personally I'd rather roll with someone who at least has some physical tools to compete with NFL caliber athletes.

Let's hope this becomes irrelevant and he never sees the field again.

The front office brought in Legursky to replace Colin Brown in camp. Legursky got hurt and missed the first few games. Legursky got healthy and Brown was immediately released. Your sequence of events with the Colin Brown argument is just wrong. It was when you were citing Rinehart and once again you failed to tell whole story in this thread.

Our coaching staff didn't think Tuel was ready to start either, which is why he was 3rd string until injuries forced him up the depth chart. And when he became the defacto starter a guy from the practice squad leap frogged him into the starting role. Does that sound like a coaching staff that believes Tuel is the answer at QB?

Heres a list of the superstars that were invited to the combine:

Barkley, Matt QB USC Bray, Tyler QB Tennessee Cameron, Colby QB Louisiana Tech Dysert, Zac QB Miami (OH) Glennon, Mike QB N.C. State Gray, MarQueis QB Minnesota Jones, Landry QB Oklahoma Klein, Collin QB Kansas St. Manuel, EJ QB Florida St. Nassib, Ryan QB Syracuse Renfree, Sean QB Duke Scott, Matt QB Arizona Smith, Geno QB West Virginia Sorensen, Brad QB Southern Utah Vandenberg, James QB Iowa Wilson, Tyler QB Arkansas

Heres a list top prospects that went undrafted.

http://www.nfl.com/d...-2013-nfl-draft

Notice any overlap? Notice the name Tuel on that list? The combine argument is pretty much worthless. Tuel played light years beyond what Barkley has shown in Philly. Tony Romo wasn't invited to the combine when he declared eligible. He seems to have caught on with a team.

Edited by Jauronimo