Release Tuel

Nyghtewynd

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ Manuel's injury? My spell check flipped LCL to yeast infection. It's a debilitating injury. RG3 did this last year and played too soon. Got to let it flare down.

Why don't you consider leaving the funny stuff to the professionals? You're act went out with Soupy Sales.

I feel like I ought to rename this thread, "Bills Fans Suffering With Stockholm Syndrome". Calling Jeff Tuel "a rookie quarterback" is just naive. He is a quarterback who is on this roster solely through mismanagement. He wasn't thought of as anything in college and he was undrafted BECAUSE HE WASN'T ANY GOOD. And he STILL isn't any good. He isn't remotely an NFL quarterback because he can't do anything. He can't throw, he can't run, he can't make reads. And I don't care that he's the fourth-string or fifth-string or whatever-string-needs-to-be-invented-to-make-someone-feel-good. He shouldn't be on a roster. ANY roster. But, well, this is Buffalo. It's been years since the team has done anything, and the local drunks errrr fans will say anything to ensure that they can keep throwing bad money after good money in order to have eight outdoor parties a year (maybe it's seven...did our wonderful owner move that game to ANOTHER COUNTRY still?).

It can't be justified. Not at all. And unless we're throwing the season because Ralph already has all of your "real fan" ticket money and is trying to get yet another high draft pick he'll blow, he should be released tomorrow and a REAL quarterback, a veteran who needs a job (and there are 10+ of them out there) should be on the roster.

+100 Hell go sign Vince Young already. I don't see why some are finding this thread hard to believe. Apparently Tuel stole their hearts somehow some way. I dreaded him since the Cleveland game, It was obvious he had a noodle arm. This was a horrible signing from the start!

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm sure that his family loves him. But Jeff Tuel is obviously not an NFL-quality backup, and never will be. Get Flynn ready, and find someone else on the waiver wire. We don't need any more data or practice reps. He can't play. I'm glad he got that TD pass, because even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while and he'll need something to show his grandkids. But he needs to be released.

Of course, he won't be because Ralph is concerned about full stadia and refills on tapioca. But I digress.

Pretty sure he won't be around some season's end. With Flynn freeing up , the Bills have replaced the loss of Kolb, so Tuel is probably the odd man out with Thad's good play and Dixon on the practice squad.

If Tuel didn't throw that horrible pick six, i'd feel like i owe Jeff Tuel a big time apology. I was ripping on him last week. That one play erased so much good though. Clearly the guy came out and played better than i could ever have imagined. I can see why Marrone and Hackett felt pretty good about him. He should have had 24 completions if those drops are caught....and who knows, some drives would not have stalled.

That Pick six though, ugh! if only the Bills had played this game as conservative as KC and took their chances winning a 10-9 type game. In the end they probably asked Tuel to throw too much even with a solid running attack.

I'm not a Tuel fan but this thread title to release him is stupid. He showed enough to be a backup QB potential down the road.

I think so!

C'mon man, letting an un drafted rookie FA QB throw 39 times in his first NFL start against the #5 defense. This looks particularly stupid when the Bills RB's were averaging 6.1 yards per carry against that #5 defense.

Hackett should have only had Tuel throw 20-25 times vs 50 rushes for Spiller, FJax, Choice, Summers

And if Tuel hits Stevie, go up 17-3, and then on to win the game, would you still be complaining about the number of passes he attempted?

how about we release you for creating this thread.

A free agent rookie qb getting his first start against the only undefeated team in the league and you guys want to jump all over the guy. If he doesn't make the mistake in the endzone we win the game.

You guys are forgetting something. When Flynn was available as a free agent, his o.c. just got the gig in Miami. Miami was in need of a qb and had little to no interest in Flynn. And what did Flynn go on to do since leaving g.b.?

For all of you guys crying for Flynn. He obviously wasn't the answer. As I said, earlier. The head coach from Dolphins didn't want him and he was his O.C. during Flynn's time at G. B. Since then, Flynn lost to a rookie, was beat out by a supplemental draft player and now cut again.

For all of you guys crying for Flynn. He obviously wasn't the answer. As I said, earlier. The head coach from Dolphins didn't want him and he was his O.C. during Flynn's time at G. B. Since then, Flynn lost to a rookie, was beat out by a supplemental draft player and now cut again.

Well, it's a moot point now. Flynn just got cut.

Obviously, the best situation is with EJ under center. He's got the most upside and a skill set that is good to elite.

Thad is an adequate stop gap for a game or two. He's got a pretty good arm and is mobile.

Tuel is a horrible choice and almost guarantees us a loss. He's got a terrible arm, which creates accuracy problems. He should be on the Practice Squad.

Jeff Tuel played very well for a rookie and against a very good team.

very well for a rookie? he threw a 100 yard pick six from the 1 yard line against a undefeated team who couldn't move the ball to save their life!?!!!!!! if he hiked the ball, ran backwords 35 yards and dove to the ground, it would have been a better play! he underthrew 3 or 4 deepballs where the WR had 2 or 3 yards at least on everyone! he has a chicken arm and a bad spiral, NO BUSINESS IN BUFFALO!

Edited by Wattdogg35

If you go back and look at the play, it is a run/pass option play. The receivers are running a pick play with in the inside slot (woods I think) running an out pattern. Graham is on the outside running an in pattern. Stevie is running a hitch. It is Cover 0 (straight man with no help from anywhere). There is a LB over Chandler on the backside, and a LB over Fred at the start of the play. Stevie is the THIRD read on the play. The play, because it is a pick, is designed to get the defenders on the outside two WRs to collide, which is exactly what they did. Graham was WIDE OPEN. Where it all went wrong is Stevie beat his defender (the interceptor) so badly the dude couldn't even move. When Tuel releases the football Graham is open. If Smith (the interceptor) does his job and covers Stevie this is an easy touchdown. Go ahead, look at the replay. Pause it at 1:53 seconds, 1:54 seconds and again at 1:55 seconds. Watch it a few times. Tuel made the right read and the right throw against an all-out blitz. It was just a situation of "better being lucky than good." Sucks, but thats what happened.

http://www.buffalobi...63-561b53b5f1b4

Edited by The Cincinnati Kid

If you go back and look at the play, it is a run/pass option play. The receivers are running a pick play with in the inside slot (woods I think) running an out pattern. Graham is on the outside running an in pattern. Stevie is running a hitch. It is Cover 0 (straight man with no help from anywhere). There is a LB over Chandler on the backside, and a LB over Fred at the start of the play. Stevie is the THIRD read on the play. The play, because it is a pick, is designed to get the defenders on the outside two WRs to collide, which is exactly what they did. Graham was WIDE OPEN. Where it all went wrong is Stevie beat his defender (the interceptor) so badly the dude couldn't even move. When Tuel releases the football Graham is open. If Smith (the interceptor) does his job and covers Stevie this is an easy touchdown. Go ahead, look at the replay. Pause it at 1:53 seconds, 1:54 seconds and again at 1:55 seconds. Watch it a few times. Tuel made the right read and the right throw against an all-out blitz. It was just a situation of "better being lucky than good." Sucks, but thats what happened.

http://www.buffalobi...63-561b53b5f1b4

Thanks for the clip, it was good to see it from the TV perspective rather than at the game.

Im my opinion, from watching it on that playback, Graham was never open. Smith was standing there the entire time. No doubt that he got completely smoked and was supposed to stick with Stevie, but he didn't. You can't make excuses for the QB by saying, "Gee, if the defense did this, that play would have worked".

Smith, at worst, took a stutter step to his left because he thought Stevie was going that way. It doesn't mean that Tuel is off the hook and it was an unlucky play. Tuel needs to read that from the second he picked his head up and see that SJ13 is wide open or breaking wide open.

very well for a rookie? he threw a 100 yard pick six from the 1 yard line against a undefeated team who couldn't move the ball to save their life!?!!!!!! if he hiked the ball, ran backwords 35 yards and dove to the ground, it would have been a better play! he underthrew 3 or 4 deepballs where the WR had 2 or 3 yards at least on everyone! he has a chicken arm and a bad spiral, NO BUSINESS IN BUFFALO!

can we just stop the stupidity . . . by the way, the QB cut today was not the one you'll were calling for, See ya Matt Flynn, I guess you weren't the better option/