Thad is not practicing today

KikO M G

No offense, but I'll take either Flynn or Tuel over Fitz. Been there done that and he definitely was not the answer.

This is crazy talk. Fitz used to own the Chiefs. 41-7, last year's easy win. The Titans are a less talented team that us. Fitz would thrive as our backup/ mentor here.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you guys so pessimistic. Coach knows best and whoever is at QB we need to support

instead of he doesn!t belong in the NFL. Sure, we would like a better situation, but it is

what it is, and let us support the QB and the rest of the team. You never know.

I hope the pecking order for this week is Thad/Flynn/Dixon/Tuel. I would like to see how Flynn looks with this system, these coaches, and these teammates before we just dismiss him as sucking.

Agree with this 100%. I do think Flynn was just a product of playing in a good system and a ton of talent in GB. But I'd rather see him or Dixon before Tuel (no offense to him).

I hope the pecking order for this week is Thad/Flynn/Dixon/Tuel. I would like to see how Flynn looks with this system, these coaches, and these teammates before we just dismiss him as sucking.

Marrone has already said that Dixon is not part of the QB equation for this Sunday vs KC.

Agree with this 100%. I do think Flynn was just a product of playing in a good system and a ton of talent in GB. But I'd rather see him or Dixon before Tuel (no offense to him).

To be honest they are all the same to me. Well below a talent level that should be starting for any NFL team.

To be honest they are all the same to me. Well below a talent level that should be starting for any NFL team.

Yet, Lewis could easily be 2-1 and 2 of those teams might be top 5 ones in the entire league.

I'm not saying Lewis is great but this was a very tough stretch for any QB. The guy has made some plays.

Yet, Lewis could easily be 2-1 and 2 of those teams might be top 5 ones in the entire league.

I'm not saying Lewis is great but this was a very tough stretch for any QB. The guy has made some plays.

Along with a whole lot of bad plays. I will say though that he can sure take a hit. I could feel that shot to the ribs last week on the opening drive in my house.

What's weird is that you are willing to give Flynn time with the system, coaches, and teammates, but, based on your ranking, have written Tuel off completely for his limited appearance in the Cleveland game, even though he had zero prep time before that game. Why not give Tuel the benefit of the doubt, as well?

Because it is clear to me that he needs seasoning and is not ready this year. I think the coaches feel the same the way they immediately elevated Thad off the practice squad to starter after the Cleveland game, and brought in Dixon and Flynn as well. Flynn has at least been around the NFL for awhile. I'd like to see him in this situation before just dismissing outright as sucking. It helps better evaluate the backup position moving forward imho.

What's weird is that you are willing to give Flynn time with the system, coaches, and teammates, but, based on your ranking, have written Tuel off completely for his limited appearance in the Cleveland game, even though he had zero prep time before that game. Why not give Tuel the benefit of the doubt, as well?

I hate piling on Tuel but besides a good 2 quarters against Indy 3rd and 4th stringers (most who aren't in the NFL), what has he done? And look back at his college career. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jeff-tuel-1.html

With those #s, it's shocking he's even in the NFL. I'd love for Tuel to just be a late riser who turns into something. But the odds are he is nothign special. Flynn was a bust for mega bucks, but at least he has a resume.

I hate piling on Tuel but besides a good 2 quarters against Indy 3rd and 4th stringers (most who aren't in the NFL), what has he done? And look back at his college career. http://www.sports-re...eff-tuel-1.html

With those #s, it's shocking he's even in the NFL. I'd love for Tuel to just be a late riser who turns into something. But the odds are he is nothign special. Flynn was a bust for mega bucks, but at least he has a resume.

He's intriguing to me in the same way Tom Brady is. Unheralded, but coaches in the league think a lot of him. Marrone and co. clearly think he will get stolen from the PS. I would love to see if we have a diamond in the rough.

Also, another comparison, when Brady came in in 2001 in relief of Bledsoe, he too struggled initially:

2001 season

The Patriots opened the season with a 23–17 loss at Cincinnati, with Bledsoe as the starting quarterback.[26] Their second game, and home opener, on September 23, was against their AFC East rival, the New York Jets. Bledsoe was again the starter, when in the fourth quarter he suffered internal bleeding after a hit from Jets linebacker Mo Lewis. Bledsoe returned for the next series, but was replaced with Brady for the Patriots' final series of the game. New York would hold on to win, 10–3, and the Patriots fell to 0–2 on the season.[27] Brady was named the starter for the season's third game, against the Indianapolis Colts. In his first two games as starter, Brady posted unspectacular passer ratings of 79.6 and 58.7, respectively, in a 44–13 victory over the Colts (in their last season in the AFC East) and a 30–10 loss to the Miami Dolphins.[28]

I agree, Biscuit. But for as many plays as he's made, he's left twice as many good ones on the field. I'm not talking about his bad plays; every QB makes them. I'm talking about the plays he has plainly missed that were there to be made.

GO BILLS!!!

Several posters were making the comment when EJ first hurt his knee that we probably wouldn't see that big of a drop off by going with Thad, because EJ was a rookie playing like a rookie and Thad was essentiallythe same. As it turns out, I think they were right. Thad has filled in and given similar production as EJ likely would have (a little better or worse - its up for debate).

Well, now with Thad hurt and "possibly" not starting, I think its fair to say that Thad, Flynn, Tuel.. is there that big of a difference in their skill levels at this point? Maybe, but probably not much. Thad should know the offense better. But, Flynn might know the speed of NFL defenses better, Tuel is largely unknown and as such should be the least likely to step in.

So I guess in the end, does it really matter who starts? Either way the defense and RBs are going to have to win this more thatn the QB.

Several posters were making the comment when EJ first hurt his knee that we probably wouldn't see that big of a drop off by going with Thad, because EJ was a rookie playing like a rookie and Thad was essentiallythe same. As it turns out, I think they were right. Thad has filled in and given similar production as EJ likely would have (a little better or worse - its up for debate).

Well, now with Thad hurt and "possibly" not starting, I think its fair to say that Thad, Flynn, Tuel.. is there that big of a difference in their skill levels at this point? Maybe, but probably not much. Thad should know the offense better. But, Flynn might know the speed of NFL defenses better, Tuel is largely unknown and as such should be the least likely to step in.

So I guess in the end, does it really matter who starts? Either way the defense and RBs are going to have to win this more thatn the QB.

Manuel and Lewis are not even close to the same in their performances this season. Clearly not in talent level. Many of those blitz formations and secondary reads that Lewis has routinely missed Manuel was picking up. His command of the offense and pocket presence were clearly better. he needs to be back ASAP if the Bills are going to salvage anything out of the season. Sunday may be very ugly no matter who starts of the backups. I do agree with that.