defensive strategy

Tcali

I realize we were getting decent pressure on Brees thru much of the game. But I thought we should have tried to do much more thru blitzes.

Brees is too talented and too quick for even 'good' pressure given the overall talent of our LBs. The middle stuff plus the screens made us look silly

even when Mario etc were getting real close.-...why not take more chances and try to rough Brees up?? What was there to lose?

Eh they were overmatched and even a blind man could see this one coming.

Funny thing is I think if we played them at home we may have had a shot against them.

We had a shot at them until 3 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. The 14 points sandwiched between the half time took the air out of the Bills!

The defense isn't the problem and Sproles or Graham would have killed us on too many blitzes. The issue is the inept play of the offense. We need a QB. Lewis is outmatched.

Yeah and their edge rushers and that 57 LB were impressive. Our Oline and TE blocking was weak. Hackett seemed to have no roll out plays for his QB to get him out of the pocket.

Inexperienced qb + inexperienced offensive coordinator = bad news in the NFL.

The defense isn't the problem and Sproles or Graham would have killed us on too many blitzes. The issue is the inept play of the offense. We need a QB. Lewis is outmatched.

+1 A good QB is a must and we don't have one on the roster.

I realize we were getting decent pressure on Brees thru much of the game. But I thought we should have tried to do much more thru blitzes.

Brees is too talented and too quick for even 'good' pressure given the overall talent of our LBs. The middle stuff plus the screens made us look silly

even when Mario etc were getting real close.-...why not take more chances and try to rough Brees up?? What was there to lose?

Brees is the best QB against the blitz in the league statistically and that includes guys named Manning and Brady. I can understand why we were reluctant.

I am impressed by how we completely removed Sproles from the game. He had 4 receptions for 0 yards. Gotta be his worst game in a Saints uni.

GO BILLS!!!

Bingo! The offense needs to play keep away and string first downs together, at least to flip the FP. Way too many good drive starts for a QB of Brees's caliber.

Brees is the best QB against the blitz in the league statistically and that includes guys named Manning and Brady. I can understand why we were reluctant.

I am impressed by how we completely removed Sproles from the game. He had 4 receptions for 0 yards. Gotta be his worst game in a Saints uni.

GO BILLS!!!

i can understand the reluctance too...but since we were rushing him pretty well and it wasnt working and we were obviously headed for a loss if we didnt do something different.....It mighta helped if we got to him a few more times--shook him up.