Jets-Pats* Round 2 - Does it matter anymore for Bills who wins?

YoloinOhio

Bills have lost to both already but still with a chance to split. Pats* appear to be winning the div again, but with all their injuries it is hard to be 100% certain that will be the case. If I was sure, I would "root" (use that term loosely) for them to win this. But Jets appear to still have the toughest part of their schedule ahead of them and probably looking at a lot more L's along the way, I don't think they will challenge for a WC at all. So... go Jets on Sunday? Or does it not even matter anymore for the Bills?

Bills have lost to both already but still with a chance to split. Pats* appear to be winning the div again, but with all their injuries it is hard to be 100% certain that will be the case. If I was sure, I would "root" (use that term loosely) for them to win this. But Jets appear to still have the toughest part of their schedule ahead of them and probably looking at a lot more L's along the way, I don't think they will challenge for a WC at all. So... go Jets on Sunday? Or does it not even matter anymore for the Bills?

I can't even think about it logically from the WC perspective. I loathe the Pats* and want to see Brady on his back, groaning in pain. The Pats have not played as well as their record suggests and deserve to lose.

I hate the Jets too, of course, but not as much as I hate the Pats*

Logically, from the playoff perspective, only the Division winner from the AFC E is going so it doesn't matter. The Chiefs and Broncos are both 6-0 and unless stuff changes drastically, the WC team comes from the AFC W

Logically, from the playoff perspective, only the Division winner from the AFC E is going so it doesn't matter. The Chiefs and Broncos are both 6-0 and unless stuff changes drastically, the WC team comes from the AFC W

There are 2 wildcard teams.

I hate the Jets more than I hate the Pats, because of

a) Rex and his bold claims that he can't back up.

b) I want Geno to struggle in order to silence all the second guessers regarding whether the Bills picked the wrong guy.

c) I think Sanchez is a scumbag, but he is out of the picture for now, and probably forever.

d) there are Jets fan in my area (Utica) and I hate to see them gloat.

However, if we want the AFC East to be undecided so that a second-half-of-the-season charge by the Bills could possibly put them in a position to make it to the playoffs, then the Jets should probably win.

I can't even think about it logically from the WC perspective. I loathe the Pats* and want to see Brady on his back, groaning in pain. The Pats have not played as well as their record suggests and deserve to lose.

I hate the Jets too, of course, but not as much as I hate the Pats*

I know one WC will come from AFC West.. but the other is up for grabs considering the AFC North looks bad behind Cincy and the AFC South usually has Colts + Houston but this year Colts will win it. Tennessee has a chance, but IMO not a lock with Fitz starting again (against SF). Of course I know the Bills are a longshot woth their current record and starting QB out for at least a month, and that is why I say it may not matter. But technically, it could? They need to beat Miami, obviously. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Tennessee has a chance, but IMO not a lock with Fitz starting again (against SF).

You know, I like Fitz, but his last two starts in Tenn are kinda proving that the Fitz we saw last year is the real Fitz and the one who won games is an anomoly.

You're right, I guess, on the WC. In which case logically, it would be better for NE to beat the Jets so that we have a better shot at 2nd place. Assuming we start winning Real Soon Now.

But I still can't see it that way. I want to see Brady on his butt.

Edited by Hopeful

You know, I like Fitz, but his last two starts in Tenn are kinda proving that the Fitz we saw last year is the real Fitz and the one who won games is an anomoly.

You're right, I guess, on the WC. In which case logically, it would be better for NE to beat the Jets so that we have a better shot at 2nd place. Assuming we start winning Real Soon Now.

But I still can't see it that way. I want to see Brady on his butt.

Maybe NE wins but Brady still knocked around. A lot. Effecting him down the stretch. One can hope. Jets D is tough... esp at home.

I hate the Jets more than I hate the Pats, because of

a) Rex and his bold claims that he can't back up.

b) I want Geno to struggle in order to silence all the second guessers regarding whether the Bills picked the wrong guy.

c) I think Sanchez is a scumbag, but he is out of the picture for now, and probably forever.

d) there are Jets fan in my area (Utica) and I hate to see them gloat.

However, if we want the AFC East to be undecided so that a second-half-of-the-season charge by the Bills could possibly put them in a position to make it to the playoffs, then the Jets should probably win.

I hate The Jets too. The only time I ever question whether I want them to win is when the they play the Pats*.

Maybe NE wins but Brady still knocked around. A lot. Effecting him down the stretch. One can hope. Jets D is tough... esp at home.

I hate The Jets too. The only time I ever question whether I want them to win is when the they play the Pats*.

"Snap" on that last.

A NE win with a few more key injuries and a totally beat-up Brady might be the best outcome from the viewpoint of Bills outside-chance at a WC slot

The Bills have a lot of potential starting next season. Another good draft , recover from injuries more experience. This year is our turning point.

*sigh* I hope you are right but I have been saying this for far too many seasons now.

A NE win with a few more key injuries and a totally beat-up Brady might be the best outcome from the viewpoint of Bills outside-chance at a WC slot

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

Yes it matters. The Bills are not going to win the AFC East right now, but finishing second in the division and competing for the second wild card deep into the season are reasonable goals. They want the Patriots to go 5-1 in the division to keep things focused on this year as long as we can, and stop looking ahead to the 2014 draft.

Right now getting to 3-4 and hoping the teams in front of them or even with them all lose is key.

This week I want the Jags to beat the Chargers, Patriots to beat the Jets, Niners to beat the Titans, Steelers to beat the Ravens, Packers to beat the Browns, Chiefs to beat the Texans, and Broncos to beat the Colts. And some team from western New York to do all right against some team from south Florida.

That would leave the Dolphins at 3-3, the Bills, Jets, Ravens, Browns, Titans, and Chargers tied at 3-4. I'm not saying it is all going to happen, but that is the best way to finish the week for this team looking to turn into a contender as quickly as possible. Every win this year really matters. I know some of you will start calculating draft position in a week or two, but 9-7 is better than 8-8 is better than 7-9 is better than 6-10 is better than 5-11 for this team's future. We are not tearing things down to start from scratch, so a lot of the guys we want to win the Super Bowl with are on the roster, and having them buy in and feel like they can win matters more than anything.

By far the most important thing is to win our third game ASAP so we can move on to trying to win our fourth game, but your rooting schedule should be the one that has our team contending as deep in the season as possible.

The Bills have a lot of potential starting next season. Another good draft , recover from injuries more experience. This year is our turning point.

10 games to go and we're already talking about next year? Truly a culture of losing.

Edited by reddogblitz