#TheLegendofKikoAlonso #WWKD

boyst

I'm not saying that I want Thad Lewis as my franchise QB over EJ. I'm just saying that I think Thad Lewis has a chance this weekend to play at a level similar to that of EJ Manuel 5 games into his NFL career. Yes, Lewis has only played 1 game (as opposed to 4 1/2) but he's been around the game and digested quite a lot. And, for whatever the hell it's worth, my Bills connection- yes the one who got me the Mario Williams Buffalo visit info before John Clayton, Adam Schefter, Joe Buscaglia or, really, anyone else in the United States- has said that the players are 100% confident that Thad Lewis will be perfectly competent and are excited about playing along side him on Sunday.

thank you for this.

I completely agree. Not gonna sy I want Thad to start if EJ was healthy. But I also don't believe the dropoff will be that bad. Heck, even with 2 days of practice he looked pretty decent in that preseason game. Hit some deep balls. Made some plays with his legs. And he has an incredibly fast release. Lets hope a few things have been worked on since and he got even better. But ill say tht if he plays as good this Sunday as he did against Pitt last season, and our defense continues to do what it's been doing, we win this Sunday.

I think EJ misses 4 games at the most and if that's the case I expect Thad to go .500. That will keep is in tha playoff conversation. It also won't rush EJ back until he's ready.

Thad will be a pleasant surprise that not many are expecting. I... Like you expect it. And hearing what you hear about the locker room, puts me at ease even more.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the great social philosopher Rodney King once asked "can't we all just get along?" I'm pretty sure points on all sides have been made and it is time for this part of the conversation to end.

I'm quite confident no one is telling Kiko or Chuck Norris jokes at parties anymore. My statement is an indictment of the urge you feel to repeatedly interject your contrarian opinion for the simple purpose of being a wet blanket. If you are looking for some type of vindication by enlightening people that this type of joke is old news, then you won't be satisfied. Yes, we know many of these are retread Chuck Norris jokes. Yes, we know these jokes first came around in the mid 2000's and , and yes we know you didn't like them then. Just because you disagree with the humor, doesn't mean you unilaterally get to elect yourself as the humor police.

Ahem...Ahem...

Points on all sides of this have been made. Move on.

For Newbies ... This activity in the TOS is called crusading and it is not permitted.... Trying not to dish out warning points here as there is a desire amongst the mods to try some new things while still keeping the board somewhat sane.

If the crusading does not stop Kiko is going to come by and take care of the participants personally... :>)

So says #billjackson

I'm not saying that I want Thad Lewis as my franchise QB over EJ. I'm just saying that I think Thad Lewis has a chance this weekend to play at a level similar to that of EJ Manuel 5 games into his NFL career. Yes, Lewis has only played 1 game (as opposed to 4 1/2) but he's been around the game and digested quite a lot. And, for whatever the hell it's worth, my Bills connection- yes the one who got me the Mario Williams Buffalo visit info before John Clayton, Adam Schefter, Joe Buscaglia or, really, anyone else in the United States- has said that the players are 100% confident that Thad Lewis will be perfectly competent and are excited about playing along side him on Sunday.

If Stevie Johnson doesn't play, it may drastically alter our ability to win, something that even Thad Lewis couldn't overcome... think about it:

Double team Woods with Hall+

Single coverage with Chandler, Graham, Easley and Hogan

We would have to run the ball like the 1973 Bills in order to win... we need Stevie out there playing!

thank you for this.

I completely agree. Not gonna sy I want Thad to start if EJ was healthy. But I also don't believe the dropoff will be that bad. Heck, even with 2 days of practice he looked pretty decent in that preseason game. Hit some deep balls. Made some plays with his legs. And he has an incredibly fast release. Lets hope a few things have been worked on since and he got even better. But ill say tht if he plays as good this Sunday as he did against Pitt last season, and our defense continues to do what it's been doing, we win this Sunday.

I think EJ misses 4 games at the most and if that's the case I expect Thad to go .500. That will keep is in tha playoff conversation. It also won't rush EJ back until he's ready.

Thad will be a pleasant surprise that not many are expecting. I... Like you expect it. And hearing what you hear about the locker room, puts me at ease even more.

Exactly. Someone put a cyber bag over their head when I said that the dropoff wouldn't be that bad. I'm not saying that Thad Lewis is going to set the world on fire, what I'm saying is that EJ Manuel was playing an INCREDIBLY conservative brand of QB and wasn't really doing that much special himself. Nonetheless he kept us in 5 straight football games. With our defense improving every week, there is no reason to think that Thad Lewis can't keep us in this football game.

If Stevie Johnson doesn't play, it may drastically alter our ability to win, something that even Thad Lewis couldn't overcome... think about it:

We would have to run the ball like the 1973 Bills in order to win... we need Stevie out there playing!

Stevie comes back tomorrow. It already been stated that he will be here Friday an will not miss the game.

Agreed. Stevie Johnson would be a huge loss. And even if he does play, I'm getting the sense that he's kind of breaking down and fragile at this point anyway. The answer is in the form of #81 and I'm getting really frustrated with this staff not putting him on the field. Unlike Kiko Alonso jokes, I think this is something we could all agree on.

Stevie comes back tomorrow. It already been stated that he will be here Friday an will not miss the game.

AP reported yesterday that he's more or less questionable for Sunday.

Exactly. Someone put a cyber bag over their head when I said that the dropoff wouldn't be that bad. I'm not saying that Thad Lewis is going to set the world on fire, what I'm saying is that EJ Manuel was playing an INCREDIBLY conservative brand of QB and wasn't really doing that much special himself. Nonetheless he kept us in 5 straight football games. With our defense improving every week, there is no reason to think that Thad Lewis can't keep us in this football game.

yup. And honestly, I'm not saying or even thinking he will light the world on fire but he's definitely got the tools to do it. Hell, during training camp people were ready to call Tuel the next Great find like Tom Brady. Lewis has many more tools and much more upside than Tuel will ever have IMO. If we are ready to anoint Tuel as the 2nd coming, then why not get excited about Lewis in the same way?

He wa something like 20 for 30, 200yards, 1 TD, and 1 int last year. If he does at least that this Sunday we win. And I personally think he goes over 200.

Agreed. Stevie Johnson would be a huge loss. And even if he does play, I'm getting the sense that he's kind of breaking down and fragile at this point anyway. The answer is in the form of #81 and I'm getting really frustrated with this staff not putting him on the field. Unlike Kiko Alonso jokes, I think this is something we could all agree on.

AP reported yesterday that he's more or less questionable for Sunday.

well, the reports from WGR (which come straight from Marrone) is that hell be back on Friday and will not miss the game on Sunday.

I'll believe it when I see it, because 2013 is spelled INJURIES.

well, you may believe whatever you want but Stevie Johnson has never missed a game in his career regardless of injury or not.

I was a weenie to you earlier; here I'll agree with you. I reserve the right to return to form as I deem necessary.

(Honestly, I was speaking more in a sense of fun than trying to win internet points. Sorry.)

kj

While he likes and respects his teammates, Kiko is not amused by all of this talk about Thad Lewis or Stevie Johnson going on in HIS thread. You know who you are. Don't make him come here and go all legend on your asses.

yep.^

kiko has an absolute vacuum in his garage. next to the blackhole, and then the particle regenerator and a coupla atomic pieces from the Big Bang mounted on the wall .T

hey have dust upon them.

Which is next to the deep freezer half full of Mastodon and Brontosaurus tails and Buffalo style Phoenix legs. Franks Red Hot and butter is nearby in a virtual pan

Kiko proves once and again that you cant judge a person, until you have been tackled by him.

Whales spend sundays listening for his hits .

And Thad will be good enough folks, just roll with it

Edited by 3rdand12

Ya know what would be so funny? Let's say Thad Lewis comes out and has a decent game against Cincinnati, makes a few key throws and they win- we could take all these old recycled Chuck Norris jokes...

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! For the record, these are NOT recycled Chuck Norris jokes. The Chuck Norris jokes are actually PRE-CYCLED Kiko jokes. In his infinite wisdom, Kiko decided to have them "focus group tested" under the pseudonym Chuck Norris, never expecting that his own awesomeness would actually bring his "nom de plume" to life.