#TheLegendofKikoAlonso #WWKD

boyst

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted Smith on this team. Daryl Smith at SLB. Lawson at WLB and Alonso at MLB. Smith could have been had for very cheap.

I think there might be a bit of "in hindsight" with that concept.

It seems that the general view around the league was that he was well past his prime and would only offer him 1 year deals for minimal dollars.....which he chose to take that deal with the super bowl champs. 1 year $1.125M deal, so yes he certainly could have been had for cheap......but there must have been good reasons why he ended up with that deal with the Ravens.

Edited by Dibs

I think there might be a bit of "in hindsight" with that concept.

It seems that the general view around the league was that he was well past his prime and would only offer him 1 year deals for minimal dollars.....which he chose to take that deal with the super bowl champs. 1 year $1.125M deal, so yes he certainly could have been had for cheap......but there must have been good reasons why he ended up with that deal with the Ravens.

demand, a chance to start and the system. He had a better chance to go there and perform setting him up for success in year 2. Potentially with the Ravens who could retain him to work on filling other Defensive gaps.

Its not Hindsight, I spoke out many times saying he was the only FA I wanted Lawson was on my list but I didn't know much about his game after having trouble last year innCinci.

demand, a chance to start and the system. He had a better chance to go there and perform setting him up for success in year 2. Potentially with the Ravens who could retain him to work on filling other Defensive gaps.

Its not Hindsight, I spoke out many times saying he was the only FA I wanted Lawson was on my list but I didn't know much about his game after having trouble last year innCinci.

I guess my point is that even though you may have seen that he was a legitimate option, the situation unfolded as if your view was not mirrored by any NFL team.

This might mean that your assessment had extraordinary insight(and I do highly respect your assessments when given on the board).....or it could mean that you were lucky.

As no NFL team thought that he was worth a 2+ year deal at the time I don't feel that the Bills can be looked at in any negative way in regards to not signing him up for relatively cheap money.

I guess my point is that even though you may have seen that he was a legitimate option, the situation unfolded as if your view was not mirrored by any NFL team.

This might mean that your assessment had extraordinary insight(and I do highly respect your assessments when given on the board).....or it could mean that you were lucky.

As no NFL team thought that he was worth a 2+ year deal at the time I don't feel that the Bills can be looked at in any negative way in regards to not signing him up for relatively cheap money.

by no means did I think he would be as successful as he has been I just viewed him as a better option the Bradham and knew that we could not use Mario as a LB too often. With Bryan Scott let go already and a thin LB unit his veteran leadership would have helped and been valuable when we were looking at Lawson-Alonso-Sheppard-Bradham. Replace Bradham or Shep with Smith and you've got a good backup and package LB. Since Shep left, well, it changes a lot but I'd like him on this team

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Kiko is a real player for sure.....butttt.......he missed a couple of big ones up in Toronto that resulted in Falcons TD's.....he was chasing at the end because he overran the play to start. Still a rookie and learning ...Bills lucky to have him, but, still a rookie.

I think this legend stuff is over blown. If Kiko is such a legend he will show up at my house and slam my face into the keyboardlkktnsanvni5u6mnsao9yhh5bn pj3;bn p569[87uw[edjmf['sar0weuj5j34j

I hadn't read this thread in a while but glad I re-visited. This is hysterical. Strong work.

I think this legend stuff is over blown. If Kiko is such a legend he will show up at my house and slam my face into the keyboardlkktnsanvni5u6mnsao9yhh5bn pj3;bn p569[87uw[edjmf['sar0weuj5j34j

Should have left out keyboard and just put the "lkktnsanvni5u6mnsao9yhh5bn pj3;bn p569[87uw[edjmf['sar0weuj5j34j"

But, well done.

Well, Kiko is a real player for sure.....butttt.......he missed a couple of big ones up in Toronto that resulted in Falcons TD's.....he was chasing at the end because he overran the play to start. Still a rookie and learning ...Bills lucky to have him, but, still a rookie.

He didn't overrun the play. He was right where he needed to be. The offense !@#$ed up.