NFL Week 6 Winners: Kiko and the Bills' draft class

Rubes

NFL Shutdown Corner on Yahoo

Kiko Alonso and Buffalo's draft class: The Bills lost 27-24 in overtime to the Bengals, but there's not much shame in losing to a good team while starting a quarterback (Thad Lewis) who was on the practice squad last week. What's apparent is that the Bills have a heck of a rookie class.

Alonso, a prime candidate for defensive rookie of the year, had 22 (!!!) total tackles from his middle linebacker spot. Athletic receiver Marquise Goodwin, criminally underused at Texas, scored a 40-yard touchdown with 1:08 to tie the game. Receiver Robert Woods has had his moments, and of course quarterback EJ Manuel looks like he belongs. You can build a consistent winner with draft classes like these.

So we at least got that going for us...

While the Win-Loss record is uninspiring, there are some players on this team that are making the Bills a lot more exciting to watch.

Agreed. In the recent past, I would TiVo the game and maybe watch...these days, I am actually watching live and that says a lot...fun to watch.

I agree with you. he had a paul poslusny type of game. lots of tackles but all of them were far down the field

No, not all of them were far down field. Yes, he got burned a fair share vs a super quick RB in Bernard....and even schooled by Dalton, but he made/assisted on several stops at the line of scrimmage. While it may have been his "worst' game as a pro....it was still a pretty good game and we should feel fortunate to have such a stud in the middle of our D. Finally.

I personally thought Kiko played his worst game as a pro yesterday and hope it was just an abberation but he was getting beat all over the field yesterday

And it probably won't be the last time when he has a bad game.

Right now, Kiko Alonso is the most exciting LB this team has had since Takeo Spikes, and could be the best ILB on this team since we had Chris Spielman.

When the Bills drafted Alonso, I was a bit surprised. I knew he had a very good senior year, but whenever I hear about the Oregon Ducks, I think about players on offense not defense. Guess I should have been more open minded.

Alsonso is one of those players that when the Bills are on defense, you watch him on every play.

Edited by Mark Vader

He is a Natural for ILB.

thank gosh the Buffalo Bills finally.. have somebody in there that will play the postion decently. The Sheppard Wanstadt era was rather painful. And comparisons to PoZ are unfair ( i liked that guy though )

Putting Kiko Alonso on the Buffalo Bills at MLB was a solve for a very key piece of the big puzzle.

22 tackles means hustle. and he did have a struggle too.

Respect has been earned for him by meself by now. for him. well done kid.

Go Alonso!

I personally thought Kiko played his worst game as a pro yesterday and hope it was just an abberation but he was getting beat all over the field yesterday

Did the DLine play have anything to do with where Alonzo was making tackles? And he DID make the tackles.