Matt Flynn on flight to Buffalo, (update - now signed)

Punch

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we stick Tuel on PS? I can't recall PS rules-- does it turn on whether you actually play, or whether you are active for the games?

It's based on games active - don't have the count offhand but he's certainly eligible. Would have to pass through waivers though,

It's based on games active - don't have the count offhand but he's certainly eligible. Would have to pass through waivers though,

I can't imagine that will be an issue, but you never know. What could be an issue might be him wanting to go to another PS. If I were him, I might think that the staff here will never give him a chance, and sign in some place like Jax.

In all fairness, who was available in Week 2 that wanted to or could have come in to start for us at any of the positions named? Who was scooped up off the street at that time by another team and has been lights out for said other team?

I don't have a name -- my main point is that the Bills roster management was not good --- they made decision to not IR Brooks, Byrd and Gilmore, knowing they all were at least several games away -- I get that --- but, why not add a DB and IR Hopkins at that point ? --- did it burn them, IDK who they would have added -- but the idea that they were willing to stress the secondary to the max instead of putting Hopkins on IR doesn't add up --- again, in grand scheme, did it cost them a game, probably not, but it doesn't add up --- IMHO

I don't have a name -- my main point is that the Bills roster management was not good --- they made decision to not IR Brooks, Byrd and Gilmore, knowing they all were at least several games away -- I get that --- but, why not add a DB and IR Hopkins at that point ? --- did it burn them, IDK who they would have added -- but the idea that they were willing to stress the secondary to the max instead of putting Hopkins on IR doesn't add up --- again, in grand scheme, did it cost them a game, probably not, but it doesn't add up --- IMHO

They did add Brandon Burton. There really wasnt much out there. IRing Hopkins would've gave them another roster spot, but Burton hardly saw the field anyway. I imagine if they had another injury, they would've IRed Hopkins or somebody, but the issue wasn't numbers at DB, it was talent. As bad as Rogers was, there wasn't anyone out there that was ready to do a better job, IMO.

Also, IMO, I place the blame on Pettine for not helping Rogers with a safety often enough. It seemed when he did, it was Searcy, who is not a cover safety.

I agree the FO should've been more proactive overall, but it's tough to predict injuries. Depth is important, but despite all that's happened, they've still been in every game. It's hard for me to think, "If they had just signed _________, they would have a better record right now."

They did add Brandon Burton. There really wasnt much out there. IRing Hopkins would've gave them another roster spot, but Burton hardly saw the field anyway. I imagine if they had another injury, they would've IRed Hopkins or somebody, but the issue wasn't numbers at DB, it was talent. As bad as Rogers was, there wasn't anyone out there that was ready to do a better job, IMO.

Also, IMO, I place the blame on Pettine for not helping Rogers with a safety often enough. It seemed when he did, it was Searcy, who is not a cover safety.

I agree the FO should've been more proactive overall, but it's tough to predict injuries. Depth is important, but despite all that's happened, they've still been in every game. It's hard for me to think, "If they had just signed _________, they would have a better record right now."

Yeah maybe but it's very easy for me to say we are worse with Flynn on the team.

Another bad reject player. Yuck.

Like my best friend Tony the Tiger says when he's referring to the bills, "They're great". Then I punch him like 7 times and one in the nuts. This is actually a good dream for me.

ugh!!!

Very nice post.

Yeah maybe but it's very easy for me to say we are worse with Flynn on the team.

Another bad reject player. Yuck.

Like my best friend Tony the Tiger says when he's referring to the bills, "They're great". Then I punch him like 7 times and one in the nuts. This is actually a good dream for me.

:lol:

Considering all of the hoopla around here the last two off-seasons with posters confidently backing Flynn and calling for us to trade for him, I expected to see at least a few "excited we signed Flynn" or "Flynn is great" posts in this thread.

I guess it's true what they say. Time heals all wounds, including rash opinions.

At this rate, how many QBs will be floating around in free agency next season who know the Bills' playbook inside and out?!

I know our playbook from watching the games.

We have 1 run up the middle, a sweep for CJ, one pass to the TE in the flat, the read option and I think that is about it.... :bag: