Jeff Russo: Dennis Dixon to be signed to the practice squad

Punch

I didn't realize he was so old. It feels like yesterday he was at Oregon. Man I'm getting old. Well at least they have another option. I'd rank him above Thad and Tuel, which unfortunately isn't saying much. Can he still run well? Read option and wild cat anyone?

What are people complaining about? We are allegedly going to sign a QB with NFL starting experience to our practice squad. Worse things could happen, ya know?

A guy many on the board actually want, without taking up a 4th spot on the 53 with a qb.

How is he still eligible?*

Jeff Russo@JeffRussoWKBW 15s

Source: Bills are expected signed QB Dennis Dixon to practice squad

*(apparently, he only spent 1 season on Pittsburgh's Practice Squad and has only been active for 4 total games--- so, he still has PS eligibility)

A lot of people found him intriguing when he was brought in and he's actually started an NFL game which is more than your typical PS QB. He seems to have a big history of knee problems, though, which may not be what we want backing up a QB with an emerging record of knee problems.

Edited by Hopeful

I have come to the conclusion that no matter what the move the bills make...someone will find fault with it.....unless it is the TOP solution even though we might have even in the run for Freeman being that our future is EJ Manuel.......

Look....what we are trying to do is find guys that wont crap the bed if they have to come in and try to manage/win a game for us......the bills are in fact looking at all options....they made the right choice with Thad Lewis.......they did not know that Kolb was one hit away from from being concussed......they put a experienced QB on the practice squad.....they are NOT starting Jeff Tuel (past reguimes would have gotten very stubbern here at the expense of the team)

I am like Marrone and this knew coaching staff and top execs a little more every day.