New England yesterday 0 penalties for 0 yards

zow2

I just posted this as an FYI- because Bengals fans are talking about it this morning. Even though Cinci won, the refs did all they could do to tip the scales towards the "perfect" NE Patriots. Cinci fans went so far as to post still pictures of obvious holding and hands to the face penalties that shoulda' been called against New England.

I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but c'mon, there are multiple penalties against every team in every game.

As a comparison, Cincinnati was flagged 7 times for 59 yards.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty amazing that any team could make it out of a game with zero penalties. Makes me wonder how often that occurs.

it would seem this game should merit a serious attempt at analysis by ESPN (Jaws and whomever) as this result either is A. An example of how a team should play the goal an achieve perfection at the penalty phase of the game, or the refs really blew somethings they are paid not to blow. Either way, a little campaign to write a bunch of e-mails/letters to ESPN/Jaws/Pardon the Interruption seems appropriate,

I saw very little of the game, but how many of those Bengal penalties nullified long gains, key third down conversions or scoring plays? To me the lack of calls against the Pats* is often overshadowed by the timing of when the refs choose to make calls against the other team.

Too bad for NE the ref's could not control the weather. Driving rain at the end helped thwart NE's final chance..

Refs tried to help out with a tacky tack roughing the QB call on the final drive though. Think EJ or 90% of the QBs in the NFL get that call? NFW.

I saw very little of the game, but how many of those Bengal penalties nullified long gains, key third down conversions or scoring plays? To me the lack of calls against the Pats* is often overshadowed by the timing of when the refs choose to make calls against the other team.

I agree. if 3 or 4 of those 7 penalties wiped out big gainers or 1st downs, that is just an enormous swing in an NFL game. We had some big first downs wiped out in our game. I'm not complaining about Cinci gettting flagged tho, it's about NE NOT getting flagged, once, in an entire game. Very bizarre.

Refs tried to help out with a tacky tack roughing the QB call on the final drive though. Think EJ or 90% of the QBs in the NFL get that call? NFW.

Nope. I saw that one. Huge play to keep the last drive alive. The Cinci guy did graze Brady's head with his fingers while Brady was ducking,.... even though the Cinci defender actually tried holding Brady up to keep him from falling.

I was watching that play on my phone and I almost threw it. The funny part was watching Brady knowing it was against the Bengals as the flag was in the air. I'm hoping the Saints throttle the Pats.

not surprising

they got no calls because they were good and now they get no calls due to pity

speaking of no calls The Roncos' got away with a few yesterday

Jordan rules. Good players and teams get the benefit of doubt from the official. I had a coach tell me that you have to beat the opposing team and the refs.