zow2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice shots, sodbuster.

Jesus.

I hate conspiracy theories, but there can be little doubt that "good teams" get the BOD. "Bad teams" rarely do, in which case, how do you get to become a "good team" when you're getting penalized consistently and the calls are not balanced?

NE* definitely has a death grip on the unkept stat "Most penalties on other team on third down 1) for NE* to convert crucial 3rd down when they are on offense and 2) to negate other team converting crucial 3rd down when NE* is on defense". It borders on ridiculous some games. Those "holds that can be called every down" always seem to pop up at the most inopportune moments against the Pats* opponent - but never against the Pats*. That and the trademark borderline PI call late in the game in the Pats* favor.

And re: the whole reationale - good teams get the calls - lately in the Pats* case it is more the calls make the team 'good'. It is sickening.

From the bengals forum

temp_PBS2576--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

temp_PBS2205--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

Thanks for posting. I wasn't sure how to do that.

These are the type of plays that probably happen 25 times a game and randomly get flagged. I don't doubt that CInci did some of the same stuff but how they don't call NE for one single penalty is mind boggling.

Edited by zow2

These are the type of plays that probably happen 25 times a game and randomly get flagged. I don't doubt that CInci did some of the same stuff but how they don't call NE for one single penalty is mind boggling.

Same old same old.

Exactly. Surprised that these plays happened and weren't called? Of course not, happens quite frequently. But--without question--these were NOT isolated incidents.

So, surprised that these played happened and weren't called...and neither were the dozen or so OTHER plays just like them that also weren't called? Yeah. I kinda am. Then I consider it's a the Patriots* going against a (relatively) small market team, and as a fan of a small market team, it makes me sick.

NE* definitely has a death grip on the unkept stat "Most penalties on other team on third down 1) for NE* to convert crucial 3rd down when they are on offense and 2) to negate other team converting crucial 3rd down when NE* is on defense". It borders on ridiculous some games. Those "holds that can be called every down" always seem to pop up at the most inopportune moments against the Pats* opponent - but never against the Pats*. That and the trademark borderline PI call late in the game in the Pats* favor.

And re: the whole reationale - good teams get the calls - lately in the Pats* case it is more the calls make the team 'good'. It is sickening.

Is that a real stat that someone keeps?

Most penalties on other team on third down

I'd really be interested in seeing that.

I know I'm biased because I'm a bills fan BUT when you play the pats you gotta play the refs as well. I would kill to see an unbiased audit of the officiating in the league. There is no doubt the oats get away with murder (hehe) with the refs. Remember Mario getting hugged on opening day right in front of the line judge it ain't right

I hope the Saints kill the Pats. Honestly they should. I watched 3 Saints games this year and they are a good team, my pick to start the year to come out of the NFC. I assure you Rob has picked Rex's brain over the years on what works against Brady. The Saints should torch the Pats D. Sean Peyton wants to prove he is better then Bellichik. Should be a great 4pm game to watch after Buffalo beats Cincy!

The league let them get away with cheating on the past why stop now

Honestly, i don't think the league is letting them cheat. I feel like the Refs have read the press clippings over the years and subconsciously believe that a Belichek coached team and Brady led team are very professional, by-the-book and clean. The Bills have some big gainers and big 1st downs called back in every game with the Pats, and they hardly get called for any ticky tack stuff. The officials are just very hesitant to throw the flag on them. Maddening.

Honestly, i don't think the league is letting them cheat. I feel like the Refs have read the press clippings over the years and subconsciously believe that a Belichek coached team and Brady led team are very professional, by-the-book and clean. The Bills have some big gainers and big 1st downs called back in every game with the Pats, and they hardly get called for any ticky tack stuff. The officials are just very hesitant to throw the flag on them. Maddening.

That is why I liked the replacement refs, if they were bad, they were for everybody; at least they weren't subjective in their ineptitude.

Suspicious at best. You can call holding on every NFL play if you want to.

Being a bills fan and playing the pats* twice a year every year nothing with the pats* is a surprise. I don't believe in conspiracies but there has to be something going on with pats* and the NFL

A few weird instances are explainable as random or coincidence. But the pats ALWAYS have everything fall in their favor. That's not random.