Bills open to trading Byrd

Jdragon2

If this is true, then this is what I want for the "Best" Safety in the league.

One of three options.

A) A first round pick in 2014

B) Two second round picks. One in 2014, one in 2015.

C) A second round pick and a third round pick in 2014

Anything less is rape.

Edited by Mark Vader

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have proven they are no better with Byrd than without him, he is NOT a difference maker..

I agree........ It's all about the money he thinks he is worth. The Bills should tell his agent bring us a deal that's worth what you think he is worth an we will trade him!!! Really kinda of simple.

Now is the ideal time to trade him. The season now has a complexion, Byrd is finally ready to step on the field, and the Bills pretty much know where the season is headed and have a grasp on who they already have on the roster at safety. The Bills clearly don't want to franchise him next year, and Byrd will get his little audition for his new team in the coming weeks. Given the uptick in play from the secondary as a whole, I just don't see any reason to lock up big money in a safety when the Bills need to get some serious help on the offensive side of the ball before next September.

really hope they dont trade him. but they should have gotten the deal done last season this time. all the byrd=tyrd stuff i dont understand. the guy played great for the bills and we will be letting him walk away and not getting anything worth of note for him. really disappointed in how this whole thing worked out. levitre we let walk away. byrd we will get very little compensation.

same old same old.........

I'm still skeptical of not being able to extended a traded franchise player. But even still, the team can franchise him again if they can't come to an agreement, which is doubtful since parameters for a contract would probably be worked-out before the trade.

What is there to be skeptical about? No contract can be formally signed or negotiated until after the season. They could come to an informal agreement but either side could back out and if the NFL finds out there would be sanctions on the team and possibly Parker for violating the CBA.

Unless we are going to get the same kind of value that we would get in the off season when we have the option of tagging him again, I would rather not trade him now for the sake of trading him.

Edited by Peter

But at what cost? Since he was tagged is it a first rounder?

Now that he is signed the Bills can trade him for $1 and no picks if that is what they elect to do. I think that will be lucky to get much more than a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him right now. The Bills do not have leverage in the situation and other teams have seen Byrd be a malcontent.

"Open" to trading him ought to mean telling Parker to shop him around for a 1st round pick. The only concession I'd be willing to give would be to offer back a 2015 pick, maybe as high as a 2nd, if the team failed to sign him to an extension in order to close the deal. Of course it's dreaming. Draft picks are so overvalued compared to what they were 20 years ago. But that's the only way to truly get equal value. Getting a 1st and then taking Hasean Clinton-Dix in the draft would make it truly a one for one swap.

Edited by Flatlander

If this is true, then this is what I want for the "Best" Safety in the league.

One of three options.

A) A first round pick in 2014

B) Two second round picks. One in 2014, one in 2015.

C) A second round pick and a third round pick in 2014

Anything less is rape.

prepare to be raped. Without astroglide

The PF ruined his trade value and a long term guaranteed contract. He is a gamble at this stage. Parker blew it

unless the team that currently owns his rights floats a trade rumor around to ensure that Byrd hits the field flying... :thumbsup:

Unless we are going to get the same kind of value that we would get in the off season when we have the option of tagging him again, I would rather not trade him now for the sake of trading him.

Agreed...Though I've always felt, in the end, the Bills would have to settle for a 2nd and another pick (maybe conditional, maybe a 4th) for Byrd...I don't imagine the PF has helped his trade value at all...If he plays out the year, and plays really well, there is definitely a chance his trade value could increase....It's a weird time to trade him...The team trading for him is going to have to be convinced the PF is a non-issue...I just don't see how the Bills are going to get equal value for Byrd unless it's a trade for another Pro Bowl caliber player on a rebuilding team who is due to hit Free Agency this coming off season...That player would likely be an OG or CB...This is not going to be an easy deal to get done... B-)

Only trade that is acceptable if for a LG who has multiple years left on his current contract.

A player that can walk at the end of the year has almost no value. I am not even sure the team that gets him in the trade can use the franchise tag on him.

Then again does he even have a position on this team? A. Williams is the FS. Byrd and Williams are not SS's.

This whole situation is !@#$ed up. They should have franchised Levitre if they knew they were moving Williams to safety and drafting two other safeties.

The Bills are not getting squat for Byrd at this point, he has yet to play a game this season and the new team cannot extend him until after the season. The only move to make is to franchise him again after the season, let Parker shop him around and then trade him for (hopefully) a 2nd.

What has changed? The Bills now need a QB, a punter, and a LG to make the season work. Simple answer would be there's another team's player the Bills would like at one of those 3 positions, and said team is interested in Byrd as part of the deal, maybe because they need a FS to make their season work.

Let's say it's a QB. Any idea what QB might be "on the block" and what team might be willing to deal their #2 for a FS?

Tarvaris Jackson!