Donte Whitner legally changing name to 'Donte Hitner'

BillsWatch

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the biggest myth around here. He's not any good.

He was the worst player on the field during the superbowl. And gets burned on a regular basis. Other teams target him, he's still awful in pass coverage. Everytime I watch a SF game he stands out for all the wrong reasons.

Now that all of the bashing is done, Whitner is a good player.

A lot of Bills fans wanted to run him out of town, but he is a good player and he has played quite well in SF.

As someone who defended Whitner (he's not nearly as bad as some make him out to be and it's kinda embarassing the hard on some have to bash him still), I can't defend this. This is super corny and he's trying way too hard. Chad 85 was corny when he did it, but at least he was an original.

Now that all of the bashing is done, Whitner is a good player.

A lot of Bills fans wanted to run him out of town, but he is a good player and he has played quite well in SF.

Regardless of how people choose to characterize him as a player......Whitner is the same player he was with the Bills.

When the Niners great front 7 became a great front 6 when Justin Smith was injured in the SB..........then Whitner was challenged and he played exactly like he did in Buffalo.

Victimized.

He is an athletic and violent hitting safety......but he is also undersized with poor cover and mediocre ball skills. His instincts are not great and subsequently his range is poor despite having excellent closing speed.

Very simply put, he is a complementary talent. We have seen a woefully undermanned Bills secondary this season look decent at home behind a big pass rush.........and terrible on the road behind a pass rush that was just a step slower.

The ongoing issue with Whitner is that he thinks he is great. His team is great.....he is far from it.

I'm with you guys as far as thinking this is an attention grabbing stunt by a player that's not that good, etc., I'm just saying a lot of you were singing a different tune a few years back when he knocked out chad johnson over the middle.

I wanted to see him succeed, but I still thought he was a colossal dumb-ass. Turns out, I was right!

Seeing I didn't really follow his play when he was in Buffalo and still don't now that he's out here in SF all I have to say is this. For a guy who, according to pretty much everyone of you here, sucks at his chosen profession he sure has been around a long time and had made a boatload of money doing it. All hail the current professional athlete!