Manuel had another rough outing

zazie

not to rain on our parade, but it seems clear that Manuel is a work in progress who must progress significantly, for success going forward.

Yes, we won, but it was a 5 interception game that we barely won, and EJs stats look fairly horrendous.

If we had lost....

I think counting on 5 INTs is not a formula that will win us too many more games.

the Bills need to develop a killer instinct (the whole team needs what Kiko has!) and EJ needs to be a LOT better. Hopefully it is possible.

Edited by Beerball
Edited title for clarity

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats are very misleading. EJ should have had a TD to Woods. He should have had a TD to Lee Smith which was a great play and pass (although I think IIRC that was the same drive so you can't say he would have two). He had that great pass to Chandler that was overturned. He had a great pass to Woods that was brought back.

I thought this was easily EJ's best game. The one int was all on Stevie. That pass hit him right in the hands. EJ's biggest enemy today was his WR's. Lee Smitg falling, Woods with a key drop or two/foot placement, Chandler missing his feet, and everything that Steve Johnson did.

The inverse is, I think today might have been SJ's worst game of his career.

Seemed like two different players by half--all-Pro in the first half and rookie QB taking some lumps in the second half when Hackett's play calling went south. We all expected the second half guy this year, but the first half EJ is a big (and pleasant) surprise....

I thought this was easily EJ's best game. The one int was all on Stevie. That pass hit him right in the hands. EJ's biggest enemy today was his WR's. Lee Smitg falling, Woods with a key drop or two/foot placement, Chandler missing his feet, and everything that Steve Johnson did.

The inverse is, I think today might have been SJ's worst game of his career.

Agreed. The stat line didnt show it but EJ played well enough to win, and probably win by more than we did. I was surprised how underwhelming the stats were at the close as he played much better.

Seemed like two different players by half--all-Pro in the first half and rookie QB taking some lumps in the second half when Hackett's play calling went south. We all expected the second half guy this year, but the first half EJ is a big (and pleasant) surprise....

this.

Also add that in the 2nd half we were rotating between injured RBs in both CJ and Freddy. Definitely hindered the play calls IMO.

Stats are very misleading. EJ should have had a TD to Woods. He should have had a TD to Lee Smith which was a great play and pass (although I think IIRC that was the same drive so you can't say he would have two). He had that great pass to Chandler that was overturned. He had a great pass to Woods that was brought back.

I think too if he has a chance to set his feet, the pass to Woods that got intercepted would have been 6 as well... B-)

In the second half they only passed in obvious passing situations - that didn't make it any easier for the kid.

And they catch any of those close plays - woods, smith tripping, etc... And I think the complaints on play calls and EJs execution disappear

EJ is a work in progress, but I like the progress he has been showing each week

Exactly...He's just a Rookie who has played a grand total of 4 NFL games...If he continues to improve...the sky is the limit for EJ...And if the Bills consistently find the running game it's going to get easier for him as time goes on... B-)

not to rain on our parade, but it seems clear that Manuel is a work in progress who must progress significantly, for success going forward.

Yes, we won, but it was a 5 interception game that we barely won, and EJs stats look fairly horrendous.

If we had lost....

I think counting on 5 INTs is not a formula that will win us too many more games.

the Bills need to develop a killer instinct (the whole team needs what Kiko has!) and EJ needs to be a LOT better. Hopefully it is possible.

Just how is this, "an elephant in the room?" If you're foggy on the metaphor, the "elephant in the room" refers to a glaringly obvious issue that no one wants to talk about, or is going unaddressed. I read these threads A LOT, (although, I rarely post). I can't think of anyone in these forums, even the most strident EJ supporters, who don't freely admit that EJ is a "work in progress."