EJ putting in extra work after practice....

marauderswr80

People, here's what bothers me. After the great come back drive in week 2, many were saying how excited they were about EJ. After a poor performance in week 3, it's the complete opposite. Doesn't make sense to me. Give the guy time. If he turns out to be what we all hope he turns out to be, great. If not, move on and find another QB. But please, don't change your opinion from one week to another. The guy is a rookie w/ a young/weak team in front of him. Give it time. After time has passed, make your judgement. Don't make a radical move from one week to another.

This is an excellent 1st post. Spot on! Patience must be exercised with Manuel. He's played but three games in the league. Also, he only played three quarters in the preseason, and missed many practices while recuperating from his knee "procedure". Plus, when you factor in the point that two-a-days ( two full practices) are no longer allowed, a rookie QB has an even greater task in front of him.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People, here's what bothers me. After the great come back drive in week 2, many were saying how excited they were about EJ. After a poor performance in week 3, it's the complete opposite. Doesn't make sense to me. Give the guy time. If he turns out to be what we all hope he turns out to be, great. If not, move on and find another QB. But please, don't change your opinion from one week to another. The guy is a rookie w/ a young/weak team in front of him. Give it time. After time has passed, make your judgement. Don't make a radical move from one week to another.

You get use to it after a while. Most posters will show the restraint that you ask for and other just want to watch TBD explode.

Working on accuracy throws with Tuel catching them!

Hey Stevie, Woods, Easley, Graham, ect....shouldn't you guys stay a few mins after to help?

Its the small things that make you great! Like Brady and Manning...

Just saying...small things go soo much farther!

when I read the article it was EJ and Teul throwing at a net with "targets" on it

missed by that much...

Didn't we hear the same about Rob Johnson and JP Losman, staying late and practicing extra hard. I don't think laziness or effort has ever been the Bills problem. It comes down to talent and coaching.

Yes, hard work guarantees nothing, but without hard work he doesn't have a chance.

I have the same thoughts... I haven't judged him as a QB yet. I have praised his good plays, character, poise, and leadership. I have said that he has had some bad plays. I know that not all of the bad plays are his "fault" - some are, others due to lack of blocking, receiver issues, etc. JUST LIKE ANY QB in the league not named Peyton at this point in the season. It is the guys 3rd game in the NFL and he has had 1/2 a training camp. The flip flopping gets ridonkulous.

Hey Stevie, Woods, Easley, Graham, ect....shouldn't you guys stay a few mins after to help?

Graham is too good, doesn't need extra practice.

Im pretty sure the came on a off day. No one knew they were going.

+1

Spoken like a typical TBD bipolar denizen. He could be some variant of Just a Guy, like most QB in this league

Come on......all DDD was saying was that you can't accurately predict how good(or bad) EJ is going to be at this point. How is that in any way wrong or bipolar-like? Not having a polarized view on a topic does not mean that someone swings from one pole to the other.

I think people forget the Jets have held opposing QBs to a combined 68 rating over the last three years...there have been a lot worse QB performances against that D than what Manuel had...yeah he took some sacks, but no picks, which is a positive sign...

Come on......all DDD was saying was that you can't accurately predict how good(or bad) EJ is going to be at this point. How is that in any way wrong or bipolar-like? Not having a polarized view on a topic does not mean that someone swings from one pole to the other.

Players with his physical gifts and work ethic do not end up as busts...

I think people forget the Jets have held opposing QBs to a combined 68 rating over the last three years...there have been a lot worse QB performances against that D than what Manuel had...yeah he took some sacks, but no picks, which is a positive sign...

Players with his physical gifts and work ethic do not end up as busts...

Perhaps you forgot about a guy named JP Losman. .