The Problem with Bills' fans

1B4IDie

The Problem with Bills' fans is that they have no faith. There is no Faith that the team is getting worse. There is no faith the team is getting better. Every win means we're going to the Super Bowl and every Loss means we're going to get the first pick in the draft.

I'm not hear to tell you to have faith. I'm not hear to tell you to have patience. Missing the playoffs for 14 years is a long time. The team hasn't earned your faith or your patience.

I'm here to say, We have a rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie QB, and a Rookie LB calling the plays on Defense. The team is not going to the playoffs.

Lets take it easy and enjoy the highs of the season and not freak completely out on the lows of the season.

There will be lots of mistakes but that doesn't mean every draft pick was wasted. There will be lots of great plays that doesn't mean every draft pick will go to the Hall of Fame.

It is fair to say that any rookie will more often than not be better from their 2nd game to their 3rd game and their 3rd game to their 4th game. Lets give this 4 headed rookie monster atleast 8 games before we start proclaiming them to be saviors or satans maybe even a whole 16.

A Majority of these "EJ is Amazing" "EJ is Horrible" "Hackett is an idiot" "Kiko is a HOFer" "Kiko can't play LB" threads are downright insane. This board is tipping to complete waste of time because Bills fans are losing their minds.

Bills fans, lets all take a deep breath, get some composure, get some perspective, sit back with a few Labatt Blues and watch some football. Thats all. Just watch some football.

Take note of the plays that show potential. Take not of the plays that show areas of improvement. Lets discuss what the means but we don't have to take every positive to the extreme or every negative to the extreme. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the difference between "Want & Need." I Want the Bills to be good. I Want them to win games. I Want them to be revelant. But I Need to give them time given the situation. The "Wants" piss me off, the "Needs" make me understand. Either way, I still wear my gear for every game!

My favorite Bills coach ever Chuck Knox took over the Bills when they only had 3 wins. The next season they had only 5 wins. Next year 7 and the year after 11 wins and the playoffs. Things take time (even with a great coach!) especially with a culture of loserdom like the Bills have had the last 15 years. So we either have faith in the new management or we don't. Do we clean house again after one crap game against one of the toughest D's around with arguably the best D minded coach in the league? Or do we show just a touch of patience and let these guys get used to the NFL? What the hell? This is going to take some time and effort and there is going to be more ****ty games ahead until we get better.

My favorite Bills coach ever Chuck Knox took over the Bills when they only had 3 wins. The next season they had only 5 wins. Next year 7 and the year after 11 wins and the playoffs. Things take time (even with a great coach!) especially with a culture of loserdom like the Bills have had the last 15 years. So we either have faith in the new management or we don't. Do we clean house again after one crap game against one of the toughest D's around with arguably the best D minded coach in the league? Or do we show just a touch of patience and let these guys get used to the NFL? What the hell? This is going to take some time and effort and there is going to be more ****ty games ahead until we get better.

As David Byrne once said, "Same as it ever was". All you can do is watch the games & wait for the new ownership.

Nice post OP rational and I agree - when having a face-to face conversation. There is entertainment value to many of the posts on this board. I think it wise to take it that way. I find myself at times laughing at some of the opinions. Example - lets trade EJ and Spiller - priceless!