It's time to sit/trade EJ

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is sarcasm

Strangely, one has to wonder.

What does that say.

Manuel has issues that need to begin to be improved upon immediately.

He's got Rob Johnson's mobility and inability to scent a sack, Bledsoe's lack of ability to read D's, Fitzpatrick's accuracy on medium to deep passes.

Those are things that will sink any QBs career, much more a 1st-rounder. They're also not things that you let slide for three or four seasons.

We should know by week 10 whether or not he's going to improve in that way. Those are not minor issues, they're major ones.

If he doesn't work this out by season's end, he'll have become a major project, not a developing QB.

He's a rookie and he looks bad. I know it's his 3rd game, but he needs to sit for Tuel. Tuel looked great in the preseason and doesn't even need an offensive line(he played behind a backup line all preseason). So I say we sit OR TRADE ej. I know that everyone's not going to agree, but if we trade EJ and CJ to a team that needs a raw rookie QB and a mediocre, undersized luxury pick RB, we might be able to get a good guard and possibly another TE to help Tuel out for the wild card game come January. Trust me, it seems like a rash decision now, but when Tuel throws for his 3,000th yard in december, no one is going to want me to bring this post up, because it will be a huge I TOLD YOU SO.

This is the guy that owns the Browns isn't it ? You just want us to look as stupid as you do & were not buying it ! Just go away !!!

EJ needs to improve his deep throws, but from what I've seen, Tuel has already mastered it and is likely the mentor in this scenario.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Tuel might be able to do in a real NFL contest but lets face it the only way we see Tuel in a real NFL game is if EJ goes down with a injury , which with the way this season is going that is a good possibility ...

Plus even if Tuel would do better than EJ unless it was for a long period & into the play offs i see them putting EJ back in when he was healthy b/c they would not want to admit that a UDFA would be superior to their 1st round pick ...

Good Lord. Bills fans are such a sensitive lot. If you couldn't tell from the onset that this was going to be a farce of a post, I think you need to take a step back and reevaluate life and your place in it. The title of the post alone was so over the top, it was a dead giveaway, but that's just me. Then again, I haven't been sitting in my Zubaz watching All-22 video of EJ for the past 36 hours straight and puking into a Bills hardhat either. Pick yourselves up and have a sense of humor. There are only 16 weekends of Bills football in a normal year, might as well do you best to enjoy them every so often. And cut the OP some slack.

Strangely, one has to wonder.

What does that say.

Manuel has issues that need to begin to be improved upon immediately.

He's got Rob Johnson's mobility and inability to scent a sack, Bledsoe's lack of ability to read D's, Fitzpatrick's accuracy on medium to deep passes.

Those are things that will sink any QBs career, much more a 1st-rounder. They're also not things that you let slide for three or four seasons.

We should know by week 10 whether or not he's going to improve in that way. Those are not minor issues, they're major ones.

If he doesn't work this out by season's end, he'll have become a major project, not a developing QB.

I agree with the issues you've listed. But I also think you have to give Manuel more than one year to correct them.

Players tend to be drafted by the teams which are most optimistic about them. A team which was very optimistic about a particular player in the first place is unlikely to change that mindset after just one year. Especially if that player plays a difficult-to-learn position like QB.

A lot of the weaknesses you've described could have been predicted before the draft. But either the Bills ignored or incorrectly interpreted some of the negative data they had; or else they convinced themselves those weaknesses could be corrected through good coaching. Either way, they've committed themselves to an experiment which will take more than one year to complete.

:wallbash: Really 3 games in?

The Bills looked at every QB coming out of college, they really studied the issue. They then spend a 1st on a guy... They also luck into Tuel with blind luck and you think they are even considering changing. Put down the beer and step away from the keyboard.

Who do I see about having quinearlysghost posting privilages suspended for a week for pure :censored: dumb-headedness?

Good Lord. Bills fans are such a sensitive lot. If you couldn't tell from the onset that this was going to be a farce of a post, I think you need to take a step back and reevaluate life and your place in it. The title of the post alone was so over the top, it was a dead giveaway, but that's just me. Then again, I haven't been sitting in my Zubaz watching All-22 video of EJ for the past 36 hours straight and puking into a Bills hardhat either. Pick yourselves up and have a sense of humor. There are only 16 weekends of Bills football in a normal year, might as well do you best to enjoy them every so often. And cut the OP some slack.

Yep. It's like someone attacked their family.