Lindell Strikes Again

devldog131

the Bills kicker missed last week ... so don't get carried away with Lindell's miss

Not getting carried away with it, just feel bad for the guy.

Carpenter didn't miss from inside 40, though. And, Lindell missed a game winner last week, too.

Is there really going to be a new thread every time Lindell misses a kick?

He was never automatic

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I believe he holds or held the franchise record for made FG percentage...

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I believe he holds or held the franchise record for made FG percentage...

And that means he's automatic? I never felt like Lindell was a lock to make any kick and seemed to miss the big kicks

That percentage doesn't tell the entire story as he was rarely asked to kick anything beyond 45 yards which is a joke in today's NFL

Christie was a way better kicker

Edited by Max997

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I believe he holds or held the franchise record for made FG percentage

I would assume that he does (too lazy to verify), but that's more indicative that he was (that might be the operative word) a good kicker & he was our most recent kicker.

Kicking has improved MEASURABLY over the yrs. I think Googalak(sp?) was an all-pro having made like 66% one yr. Norwood, at the time, was among the most accurate in history, making about 80% on his career. These days, if you make <90%, you're in jeopardy of losing your job.