Who tops your list of "he's just not cuttn' it?" Who d

Armchair GM

Not his fault. The Bills were in zone coverage and he was in the back part of the zone. It was Robey and Lawson that were responsible for the TE in the middle of the field. And, frankly, Newton made a great throw--both Robey abd Lawson almost touched the ball.

There's a reason he had so many tackles in the first game. A majority came with him tackling the receiver he was covering. He was picked on and his limitations showed.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should take another look at the games, including the TD's. He's been surprisingly solid. The one TD that "he gave up" against the Pats was perfect coverage and just an insane throw/catch behind the receiver.

I have actually been really pleasantly surprised at JL.

Looking again, I'm sure you mean the Olsen TD for the Panthers. You're right, it was good coverage and just a great throw/catch, something I don't expect from Cam. I don't hold that against Jim Leonard. I don't know what I was looking at. I was remembering the other TD, but that was clearly Justin Rogers who got beat by Ginn.

Chandler: A couple years ago this guy was running great routes, creating separation and making plays..usually in chunks of 12-15 yards. I know he's coming off of an ACL, but he's playing scared. Maybe I'm overreacting, but the play that sticks out was this past week where he caught the ball in the flats and rather than turning it up field, he turned, saw the defenders and curled up in a ball. I think he had another drop down the seam , in traffic, which again leads to the fear.

Graham: We draft Goodwyn...Graham steps up his game in camp...Goodwyn goes down...Graham is unseen.

Bring on...

Grag...They drafted him as a receiving TE, but he showed, in pre-season, he can block too. This week’s match up seems to lend to the fact we're gonna need both, without having to sub Chandler and Smith in and out. Let's see what the kids got in live action.

Easley...He's big, showed up well in pre-season and can't be any less visible than Graham...right?

Easley can play. Disagree 100% with you there. Always liked this guy. Did you see his Special teams hit against Carolina???

I see our 2014 Draft working this way

1 - CB

2 - TE

3 - LG

4 - LB

5 - S

6 - DL

7 - CB

Hands down Brown is not cutting it. I think TJ and Chandler are beginning to create serious doubts, but I give them a couple more games to go one way or the other.

I would like to see exactly what Easley has as a WR (already looking good on ST) and Gragg have to offer to see if either of them actually have what it takes considering my doubts about TJ and Chandler. If EJ works out as QB, I see our needs shaping up as a TE early in the draft , a LG (or a decent FA), later rounds a safety(don't see a Byrd in our future or even our present anymore) , a lb, a corner.

Chandler: A couple years ago this guy was running great routes, creating separation and making plays..usually in chunks of 12-15 yards. I know he's coming off of an ACL, but he's playing scared. Maybe I'm overreacting, but the play that sticks out was this past week where he caught the ball in the flats and rather than turning it up field, he turned, saw the defenders and curled up in a ball. I think he had another drop down the seam , in traffic, which again leads to the fear.

Graham: We draft Goodwyn...Graham steps up his game in camp...Goodwyn goes down...Graham is unseen.

Bring on...

Grag...They drafted him as a receiving TE, but he showed, in pre-season, he can block too. This week’s match up seems to lend to the fact we're gonna need both, without having to sub Chandler and Smith in and out. Let's see what the kids got in live action.

Easley...He's big, showed up well in pre-season and can't be any less visible than Graham...right?

Chandler - I don't think Chandler is 100% healthy yet and he would of had a huge touchdown last week but EJ missed him.

Graham - If you listen to Joe B. it seems like Graham isn't part of the gameplan. Hopefully this changes and we can get him more involved.

Gragg - Been inactive, how can you be disappointed in a player who hasn't been active for a game. Shows he's not ready but we kept him for a reason and he can be part of the future.

Easely - Showed a lot in the preseason as part of the 2nd and 3rd teams. Right now we have WR's that are healthy and deserve to be playing over him. I believe he will get involved as we expand the playbook for EJ.

Remember how Russell Wilson and the Seahawks started last year? Russell had a limited playbook and their offense expanded as the season went on. I think you will see the same thing here.

Hopkins. We drafted this guy, pulls his groin and we keep two Ks. Just kidding. You can't complain about injured players.

Graham, Chandler, and Carrington are the biggest no shows. Brown shows, just not positively. You also have to give honorable mention to CJ. By the end of the first half of the first game he effectively lost half of his carries to Freddy, didn't even start the second half, he is pulled at crunch time on third and 5 or less and anywhere near the goal line. I guess "give it to him till he pukes" didn't work.

Wasn't he also covering Olsen when he scored? Just went back and looked yes was JL again letting up another TD. So we expect 1TD a game from him and that is supposed to be "pleasantly surprise"

I agree. I guess he is good, compared to another safety coming off the couch, but the olay that he threw on that pass and catch in the first game was really ugly.

Graham was open numerous times in the "All 22" film from the Panthers' game. The fact that EJ didn't throw to him isn't his fault.

Colin Brown has been brutal. Chandler is a shell. CJ was absolutely horrible in the Patriots' game. He missed at least 3 truck sized holes that killed drives.

Maybe Troup. I havent really seen him make an impact.

CBF

Didn't he get cut? My nominations would be Chandler and TJ. I am also disappointed that Bradham apparently hasn't done enough to get on the field (or else he's still being punished for his offseason problem.) I'd like to see Hogan and Easley get a chance in the 3rd receiver spot now that Goodwin is out for the foreseeable future.

Easley can play. Disagree 100% with you there. Always liked this guy. Did you see his Special teams hit against Carolina???

I see our 2014 Draft working this way

1 - CB

2 - TE

3 - LG

4 - LB

5 - S

6 - DL

7 - CB

You misunderstood...I WANT to see Gragg and Easley. That's what I meant by "bring on..."

Chandler - I don't think Chandler is 100% healthy yet and he would of had a huge touchdown last week but EJ missed him.

Graham - If you listen to Joe B. it seems like Graham isn't part of the gameplan. Hopefully this changes and we can get him more involved.

Gragg - Been inactive, how can you be disappointed in a player who hasn't been active for a game. Shows he's not ready but we kept him for a reason and he can be part of the future.

Easely - Showed a lot in the preseason as part of the 2nd and 3rd teams. Right now we have WR's that are healthy and deserve to be playing over him. I believe he will get involved as we expand the playbook for EJ.

Remember how Russell Wilson and the Seahawks started last year? Russell had a limited playbook and their offense expanded as the season went on. I think you will see the same thing here.

You also misunderstood...I want to see Gragg and Easley on the field, not that I am disappointed with them. The second part of my title got cut off...It was supposed to read "Who do you want to see out there?"

Colin turnstile Brown

yes by far anyone else is a distant second

Colin "throw rug" Brown has to be replaced, we'll know how bad Legurski is if he can't unseat him (once healthy)

Chandler trying to give some time off a major knee operation but he's frustrating

Graham has been available a few times EJ looked elsewhere- but he needs to be a factor