Bills All 22

Fan in Chicago

This is not an All-22 look but is a snap count of our players.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/12/2/5166720/bills-falcons-snap-counts-marquise-goodwin-kiko-alonso

- I am not sure why TJ Graham still sees such a high percent of snaps. Goodwin's role is increasing but EJ and him have to get on the same page. Once that happens, look for TJ to become the #4

- Chandler, very underwhelming this year even without SUnday's drop, is in a lot. Speaks to our terrible TE situation

- I have said in another thread, but it bears repeating tht with Spiller not n every-down back, we better draft Freddy's replacement next year

- Jim Leonhard is over the hill, IMHO even with seeing the field so much

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffaloru...win-kiko-alonso

- I am not sure why TJ Graham still sees such a high percent of snaps. Goodwin's role is increasing but EJ and him have to get on the same page. Once that happens, look for TJ to become the #4

- Chandler, very underwhelming this year even without SUnday's drop, is in a lot. Speaks to our terrible TE situation

- I have said in another thread, but it bears repeating tht with Spiller not n every-down back, we better draft Freddy's replacement next year

I agree, I like the guy and he made some plays for us early in the year but those who yap about him being able to replace Byrd's ability if we don't sign him are on another planet.

Interesting.

I am willing to bet that TJ's snap counts are skewed by the injuries. Woods, SJ, and Goodwin all missed games-- TJ is out there because he's the only healthy guy.

Same with Spiller--injuries have hurt his snap count.

I am stunned by Chandler's snap count.

Agree 100%; I also said the same thing in my thread yesterday.

Upon Further Review: Bills vs Falcons

By Joe Buscaglia

JoeB@wgr550.com

Having an opportunity to put the negative performances in Toronto in the rearview mirror, the Buffalo Bills journeyed back to western New York with perhaps their most soul-crushing loss in the six year history of the game at the Rogers Centre.

The Bills had plenty of opportunities to win the game, but some key plays and poor performances helped lead the Atlanta Falcons to the come-from-behind victory. Before we turn the page to the team's next game on the road in Tampa Bay, first is a look at the individual performances of every single Buffalo player that took a snap on offense or defense.

Every week, with the help of the All-22 film available through NFL.com's Game Rewind package, WGR will provide the standouts, the duds and everything in between from the game that was.

Previous Installments:

Week 1 - New England 23, Buffalo 21

Week 2 - Buffalo 24, Carolina 23

Week 3 - New York Jets 27, Buffalo 20

Week 4 - Buffalo 23, Baltimore 20

Week 5 - Cleveland 37, Buffalo 24

Week 6 - Cincinnati 27, Buffalo 24

Week 7 - Buffalo 23 Miami 21

Week 8 - New Orleans 35, Buffalo 17

Week 9 - Kansas City 23, Buffalo 13

Week 10 - Pittsburgh 23, Buffalo 10

Week 11 - Buffalo 37, New York Jets 14

Twitter: @JoeBuscaglia

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

A couple of interesting points:

1) Kiko had a pretty poor game

2) Gilmore didn't do as bad as people thought, at least late in the game

3) EJ is checking down way too much ("The lingering problem of not giving plays enough time to develop and settling for the underneath throw prematurely needs to be fixed. If you've read these consistently, you'll know that's a commonality in most of the Manuel analysis.").

All-22 Review - Bills/Falcons - Rough game, eh?

2718988.jpg?1386191309

This week's overtime loss to the Atlanta Falcons can be heaped onto the pile of missed opportunities for the 2013 Buffalo Bills. You know about the two fumbles that cost the team dearly, but there were bigger issues on the day. Jeremy White's All-22 looks at EJ Manuel's lock-on looks, Kiko Alonso's struggles, and CJ Spiller's return to brilliance.

Stevie Johnson fumbled. Scott Chandler did too. I'm not going to bother showing you what happened on those two plays. You saw it. You'd like to un-see those plays (or at least that's my guess).

Both fumbles came on crossing routes, and a play that worked for the Bills all day long.

Buffalo Bills run defense struggles vs. Atlanta Falcons

The Buffalo Bills were as bad as you thought against the run versus Atlanta, but there are reasonable explanations for some of the things we saw, as well.

Entering Week 13, the Atlanta Falcons had surpassed 100 rushing yards as a team just twice in 11 games. They found No. 3 against the Buffalo Bills, routinely ripping off big chunks of yardage en route to 151 yards on the ground and a 34-31 victory in overtime.

In the gallery above, you'll find an All-22 look at some of the issues the Bills had stopping the run - but more importantly, we'll try to fix a few common misconceptions about what happened on key plays. For example: Jim Leonhard didn't just miss Steven Jackson by three yards on Jackson's 27-yard rushing score in the first half. There was a deeper explanation than apparent temporary blindness.

Similarly, the rhetoric about this game is that Kiko Alonso was poor against the run - and that was true. This was a bad performance from the rookie linebacker. But there's also a play above that looks like over-pursuit, but is really Alonso making a nice play to account for horrible play at the point of attack by Buffalo's defensive line.

Buffalo has now allowed opponents to surpass 120 rushing yards in eight of their 12 games this season. This coming Sunday, they'll play a three-win Tampa Bay Buccaneers outfit that has run for a combined 88 yards in their last two games, but who averaged 177 rushing yards per game in the three games preceding that two-game skid.

Does anyone want to bet against the Bucs re-establishing their running game this week?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@JeremyWGR

Woods crossing. Goodwin past sticks. Chandler available late. Three options. Ball held = sack. https://vine.co/v/hQFqrzvXb3u

@JeremyWGR

What happened out there? Offense a mess! https://vine.co/v/hQFiE7VX2v0

The first of those is pretty damning for EJ. 2 options for a 1st down there. And then the 2nd, what are the receivers doing there?

The first of those is pretty damning for EJ. 2 options for a 1st down there. And then the 2nd, what are the receivers doing there?

My thoughts exactly. Best guess is that EJ changed up the play at the line, but the WRs didn't know he changed it to a passing play?

Have to assume that the WR and QB had different plays in mind. WRs played that like a run, QB played it like a pass. The line was pass blocking so the receivers didn't get the message.

I wouldn't say it's that damning. That was a terrible snap, one of many on the day. He had to look down, gather the ball then look up and find his first read, then 2nd, etc. At that point, because of the bad snap, the amount of time he had to find receivers had to be a lot less.

Have to assume that the WR and QB had different plays in mind. WRs played that like a run, QB played it like a pass. The line was pass blocking so the receivers didn't get the message.

The second play sort of looked like a screen, or some people thought it was a screen. Some of the linemen were kinda heading left, as was the RB. The WR at the top seemed to be getting ready to set up his guy for a block.

I wouldn't say it's that damning. That was a terrible snap, one of many on the day. He had to look down, gather the ball then look up and find his first read, then 2nd, etc. At that point, because of the bad snap, the amount of time he had to find receivers had to be a lot less.

An easy way to fix that is to not go shotgun every time..