WGR reports (trade colts browns)

tito1

Just a crazy thought but maybe Cleveland sees the writing on the wall with how offenses are being developed: i.e. smallish, fast and quick RB's like CJ and Philly's RB vs. The larger (slower) Ahmad Bradshaw, Rice, Bush types. For that reason, maybe Cleveland will completely revamp their offense with a Manziel/Bridgewater type option QB and a water bug type slashing (4.3 or 4.4 speed RB). They could probably get those two offensive weapons with 2 first round picks and a second rounder for the RB they want. Just a thought but who knows.

It'll be interesting to see if Joe Haden comes down with a mysterious injury after they accidentally win a game.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a sad franchise. Some dude the other day replied this, "All teams eventually get back in the hunt, unless it's the Browns or something" He told me this 2 weeks ago.

This is so sad since it's only 2 weeks into the season. Wow. They only lost by a td to the superbowl champs. That is not cool Browns front office!!!!

Good deal for the Browns imo. RB's have such short shelf lives; why waste TRich's prime when you're not close to having a QB.

The Colts are still not a good football team & nowhere near a contender.

Of course I have both TRich & Bradshaw in fantasy. :bag:

Buff, I respect your football opinions, but I have to respectfully disagree with you here. The Colts are not a great defensive team, and they have some O-line problems, but adding Richardson is certainly going to help them, this year, and for years to come, IMO. I think he is a pretty special talent, on a bad team. His presence is going to make Luck that much better...I think they are pretty stocked on offense. I also happen to think the Texans are a bit overrated..I think this trade makes it possible for the Colts to give them a run for the division title, or, a wild-card spot.

IMO, this a great trade for the Colts...and not so much for the Browns, unless they hit it out of the park on draft day, in 2014. They really don't need to tank the season, even with Richardson, in order to get their own high first round pick (the Browns can lose with anyone), so what? They will get the Colts first rounder, likely somewhere in the 20-32 range? They couldn't have gotten that after the season?

btw- if you own Richardson in FF, I would think you would be thrilled with this trade!

Wow what a sad franchise. Some dude the other day replied this, "All teams eventually get back in the hunt, unless it's the Browns or something" He told me this 2 weeks ago.

This is so sad since it's only 2 weeks into the season. Wow. They only lost by a td to the superbowl champs. That is not cool Browns front office!!!!

this---^

And isn't their GM Lombardi? The same one that would make stupid comments about how he could do a better job when commentating for espn or nfln?

Regardless if you want Trent in your backfield or not, your giving him away for nothing at this point. It's ridiculous.

I live in Cleveland and a lot of people are ecstatic over this move. Many have been thinking Richardson was turning into a bust and rumor has it he has some locker room issues. The Browns weren't going to win anything this year anyway- Weeden is a bust, they only have one or two decent receivers, their offense is a mess. They're blowing it up and getting trying to undo a the damage done by Holmgren.

This is why bad teams stay bad doing stuff like this. Essentially, they traded the 3rd pick in 2012 for somewhere between the 15th-25th pick in 2014. Just dumb.

Not dumb at all. It was a poor pick, they're salvaging what they can from a crappy pick. And what about Indy? Who trades a first roundpick for a running back? An unproven running back

Not dumb at all. It was a poor pick, they're salvaging what they can from a crappy pick. And what about Indy? Who trades a first roundpick for a running back? An unproven running back

Kind of dumb on both sides, Indy should have took that pick and used it on someone who could play some defense unlike anyone else on their team.

Win win for both franchises. Colts already have a franchise qb, so the pick doesn't mean as much as it does to the browns. Yet they get an elite first round talent at rb, and they are most likely a playoff team missing a couple of weapons. Te browns lose nothing because they were going to suck with or without richardson, and they desperately need a franchise qb. This nearly ensures that they'll get one.

This is why bad teams stay bad doing stuff like this. Essentially, they traded the 3rd pick in 2012 for somewhere between the 15th-25th pick in 2014. Just dumb.

No, they traded a running back away in order to ensure that they get a franchise qb. Rbs are interchangeable without a qb.