WGR reports (trade colts browns)

tito1

Rumor has Browns coach says TRich doesn't fit his scheme.

:lol: As a Bama fan, I've been watching Trent Richardson play a lot for many years, he can fit just fine in any scheme. The Browns can't come out and say that they're throwing the season (which is what they are doing) but they could come up with something better than this.

Richardson's a beast. It's a heavy price, but the Colts are a contender with a serious need at the position and they certainly addressed it.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, the Browns scheme does not really put an emphasis on winning games, or fielding competitive teams. Rumor has it that they have re-hired their former DC, and modern architect of bland football, Dick Jauron as a special consultant. Jauron, is often credited for coaching some of the least interesting football teams of the current century, and there is a feeling that Juaron, though inching up there in age, still has his finger on the pulse of what it takes, in this day and age to suck, year after year.

Ya know, I liked the trade for the Browns until I read this about Jauron. I am a huge fan of the Crimson Tide, and I know how good Richardson is but he gets hurt, and running backs matter less and less as we speak.

If Jauron has any say, he will make sure to squander this pick on a defensive back. Jauron and Levy wiped out the Buffalo Bills franchise starting with the 2006 daft, and they never looked back until they were both thankfully gone.

I am more for discussion and sharing ideas than I am for consensus in terms of this great board. That said, if there ever was a consensus here, it would be that the Bills 2013 draft looks good. In case people haven't noticed, it is good because they ran away from the idiotic, loser philosophy of Levy and Jauron.

And yes, I do feel the pain of Browns Fans.

talk about missing hard on the 2012 nfl draft with wheeden and richardson.

Yep. On the other hand, this is a pretty good trade for the Browns, even though it must be painful to give up someone you took with the no. 3 pick in the draft. Their initial selection of Richardson was incredibly foolish; even though he is a good back, running backs are a dime a dozen and the only ones that should be taken in the first half of the first round are guys who are once in a generation talents like AP. Richardson clearly did not qualify. They are lucky to get a no. 1 for him now, even though it's likely to be in the second half of the first round. This puts them in a great position to get a franchise QB next year by (a) getting an additional no. 1 and (b) making it more likely they will lose a lot of games this year. And by the way, there is no sure-fire first pick in the draft next year. Way too much football to be played. You can bet that several of the highly touted QB's will flame out (like Barkley did last year) and others will step forward. Personally, I believe Mariota will be the first player selected. One thing is for sure--if a sure-fire franchise QB does emerge, you can forget about Jadeveon Clowney going no. 1. No defensive player--no matter how good--is worth a great QB.

Edited by mannc

Ya know, I liked the trade for the Browns until I read this about Jauron. I am a huge fan of the Crimson Tide, and I know how good Richardson is but he gets hurt, and running backs matter less and less as we speak.

If Jauron has any say, he will make sure to squander this pick on a defensive back. Jauron and Levy wiped out the Buffalo Bills franchise starting with the 2006 daft, and they never looked back until they were both thankfully gone.

I am more for discussion and sharing ideas than I am for consensus in terms of this great board. That said, if there ever was a consensus here, it would be that the Bills 2013 draft looks good. In case people haven't noticed, it is good because they ran away from the idiotic, loser philosophy of Levy and Jauron.

And yes, I do feel the pain of Browns Fans.

Bill, I am sorry, the Jauron thing was my attempt at humor... he isn't really going back to Cleveland, at least not as far as I know.

I know a few Browns fans, and I can totally empathize with their plight...I am sure they will be devastated by this trade. It seems like they are in the perenial "do-over" cycle, not unlike our Bills have been...it is just hard for good fans to get too excited about a team that is, seemingly telling their fan base, year after year, "we will suck, again, this year, but just wait until next year..."

What a downer for these fans...two weeks into the regular season, and they are already having to prime themselves for the April 2014 draft...

can you really only get a first for him? Just spent a first on him last year, dude still has 4 years left on his rookie deal..think a third or a 4th would be thrown in.

Running backs are like new cars...they start depreciating the moment you draft them in round 1. Even if they play well. I would be surprised if Richardson's trade value was more than a second rounder at the time of last years draft. The Browns actually got lucky.......they sacrificed a good deal of trade value, probably 15 spots in round 1 and two years lost....but they do get a chance to re-do a first round pick. Note to Browns.....avoid RB and DB in round 1.

Good deal for the Browns imo. RB's have such short shelf lives; why waste TRich's prime when you're not close to having a QB.

The Colts are still not a good football team & nowhere near a contender.

Of course I have both TRich & Bradshaw in fantasy. :bag:

Everyone is a contender in the AFC right now. Seriously, besides the Broncos, who really scares you? And they lost their All-Pro Left Tackle for the season today. After them there is a group of about 8 teams (Pats, Texans, Chiefs, Bengals, Colts, Ravens, Dolphins and us) that don't have all that much separation among themselves, IMO. Note: I am a non-believer in the other one-loss teams.

Edited by Lt. Dan's Revenge

Well, maybe in place of instead of over.... Wheedon hurt his thumb, so its not like he was benched.

True, I got ahead of myself. But, Hoyer doesn't have to look good, he just has to look better than Weedon.

If he does, how can they go back to Weedon? Same thing as Majkowski/Farve, except those two were good.

talk about missing hard on the 2012 nfl draft with wheeden and richardson.

On the other hand the Colts wind up with the first and third overall picks in the 2012 draft, landing franchise QB and RB (which is what Cleveland thought they had done). Edited by Steve O

Good deal for the Browns imo. RB's have such short shelf lives; why waste TRich's prime when you're not close to having a QB.

While running backs do have short lives, it's critical to have a good RB to keep your passing game alive. Since the browns just threw away their star RB, they are taking a step back in developing their pass attack. The way this season is already looking for them, they will get a better pick than the colts as it is if they were looking at drafting a QB...(unless they have traded their 2014 1st rd pick away and need a new one?)

In any case, it makes my fantasy decision easy this week. I'm playing the waivers for DEF and was either gonna pick up Bills (v. Jets) or Vikings (v. Browns). With Weeden out and Trich gone, the Browns will essentially be a turnover machine. I'm putting my waiver request in for the Vikings DEF now...any opinions?

Everyone is a contender in the AFC right now. Seriously, besides the Broncos, who really scares you? And they lost their All-Pro Left Tackle for the season today. After them there is a group of about 8 teams (Pats, Texans, Chiefs, Bengals, Colts, Ravens, Dolphins and us) that don't have all that much separation among themselves, IMO. Note: I am a non-believer in the other one-loss teams.

I hear you on the AFC but this was an incredibly lucky team last year. As in the first 11win ever team with a negative point differential. Bad defense, bad OL..

As I think the world of Luck I was willing to be proven wrong but it doesn't look like it so far if the two home games they've played are any indication.

And this is a franchise who finally broke thru in the postseason after replacing Edge James with a couple schmos. I would think them of all teams would not overvalue that position.

Of course I have both TRich & Bradshaw in fantasy. :bag:

Say what? Last time I looked the Colts went 11-5 last season with "rookie" QB Andrew Luck !

And this is a franchise who finally broke thru in the postseason after replacing Edge James with a couple schmos. I would think them of all teams would not overvalue that position.

I agree that the running back position can be overvalued. However, I think Andrew Luck excels when he has a power running game a la what he had at Stanford. Incredible off play-action, and that can't be effective without the run game.

While the Browns are in the tanking/trading mood we should give them a call about Haden and Cameron haha

Sign me up for Cameron. I would give up a 3rd for him in a heat beat. I've always been a Chandler fan, but he seems like he's lost a step thus far. Cameron would be a major upgrade for this offense.

Edited by Lt. Dan's Revenge

Just a crazy thought but maybe Cleveland sees the writing on the wall with how offenses are being developed: i.e. smallish, fast and quick RB's like CJ and Philly's RB vs. The larger (slower) Ahmad Bradshaw, Rice, Bush types. For that reason, maybe Cleveland will completely revamp their offense with a Manziel/Bridgewater type option QB and a water bug type slashing (4.3 or 4.4 speed RB). They could probably get those two offensive weapons with 2 first round picks and a second rounder for the RB they want. Just a thought but who knows.

Sign me up for Cameron. I would give up a 3rd for him in a heart beat. I've always been a Chandler fan, but he seems like he's lost a step thus far. Cameron would be a major upgrade for this offense.

I second that. I love chandler but there's something about him and EJ that just isn't clicking. It may or may not be his fault but either way it's the nature of the game and we need to think about new TE options!