Not to look too far ahead, but...

Rubes

Brian Hoyer to start for Browns

Third-string quarterback Brian Hoyer will start for the Cleveland Browns on Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings in place of injured Brandon Weeden, who sprained his right thumb last week and could be sidelined for several games.

Might help make up for the short week, we'll see.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow down on this one. Despite how their offense looks today, there are no easy games in the NFL especially for a team with a rookie QB, 1st year HC and OC, and playing a national night game on the road. The Browns D is legit. Wanna know why Mike Wallace was shut out in week 1 against the Browns? Joe Haden is a lock-down corner. Mark it down, he will cause problems. Their front 7 is very good. They lost to the defending SB champs by only 7 and really caused a lot of issues for Flacco and Rice. Their 1st rd draft pick, Barkevious Mingo, is slightly undersized but a very fast, althetic, playmaking linebacker. He was the #6 overall pick. He dealt with an injury in the preseason so he hasn't been talked about a lot, but he is back now and had a sack on his first play for the Browns. We don't know which QB we will see when we play them, it could end up being Jason Campbell if Hoyer has a bad showing this week or back to Weeden if his thumb is healed. Neither are terrible, and I remember Campbell having an outstanding game against the Bills at the Ralph a couple years ago when he was with the Raiders. They also now have their #1 WR back, Josh Morgan. He was suspended the first 2 games. Not having T-rich will not impact the Browns as much as the media is saying. The impact is more on the fact that he was a high draft pick and anointed as the face of the franchise. His production was fairly low. They are bringing in McGahee and he had a great year for the Broncos last year and supposedly is in great shape.All things considered, and knowing that the Bills are a young team and the Browns stadium is freaking crazy/loud, I don't see how anyone can look at this as an easy game for the Bills. Their weaknesses are their OL has not played well despite supposedly having talent and they also have a 1st year coaching staff. Their fans may still not be over the trade so we will see how thery show up for the game. I have heard about a lot of Bills fans planning on going. The Bills and Browns have played some clunker games over the last few years, but the Browns have come out on top more often than not despite not looking better on paper. Remember that MNF game at the Ralph a few years ago with Brady Quinn? Me too.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Yolo, you're right. You bring up some great and well reasoned points. There are no gimmie games in the NFL... well, there are some but they are very few indeed. I expect The Bills to win that game though. Hope I'm not disappointed.

Bills will be and should be favored as long as they don't completely flop in NJ this week. But these two teams are closer than you think.

Bills will be and should be favored as long as they don't completely flop in NJ this week. But these two teams are closer than you many here think.

I agree completely. It should be an interesting game, and it may be one that the winning team marks as a pivot point in their ascendency back to respectability.

Go Bills!

We beat them fairly easily last season in the same building (with Tashard Choice being our only RB for most of the game), and I'd say we're better than we were and they're worse.

It being a night game and all, anything is possible but at this point I feel very confident we'll win that game.

We beat them fairly easily last season in the same building (with Tashard Choice being our only RB for most of the game), and I'd say we're better than we were and they're worse.

It being a night game and all, anything is possible but at this point I feel very confident we'll win that game.

I hope you are right... but actually their defense is better this year. Their offense is pretty much the same despite the RB change. If Hoyer plays, I will feel better about our chances. As a Buckeye fan I watch a lot of Big 10 football and barely remember him playing at MSU.

Their defense is looking really good. They shut the Ravens out of the first half. They could prove me wrong, but they're likely going to be putting out their third string QB, and they just traded away their best offensive player. I think that they are hoping to score the lowest draft pick.

We need a new version of "Suck for Luck"

"Dismal for Manzel" doesn't seem to work.

Their defense is looking really good. They shut the Ravens out of the first half. They could prove me wrong, but they're likely going to be putting out their third string QB, and they just traded away their best offensive player. I think that they are hoping to score the lowest draft pick.

We need a new version of "Suck for Luck"

"Dismal for Manzel" doesn't seem to work.

"Play Dead for Ted" (Bridgewater)

They are dead. I predict a 6-3 beatdown.

Do you remember that 6-3 game we lost in Cleveland circa 2007 in a blizzard? Tried to block it from my memory, but that. sucked.