Leodis McKelvin - Most Targeted CB in the NFL (Through 2 Weeks)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given his prior performance in years past it is no wonder the game plans were to test him thoroughly. Good for him to stand up to the challenge. Remember this is a guy who was benched for being torched. I do not know what the new staff is doing with him but clearly it is working. Even more amazing in that he is not getting a ton of over the top help. They are putting him out there 1 to 1 very frequently.

5 pd's on 26 attempts....when did mckelvin learn to do that? The story of his career was he was always able to stay in position and with his man but couldn't ever stop the pass.

He looked real good against the kittys last week

Terrible coaching. I was always under the impression that our old DB coach sucked. Watching our DBs play this year, my impression is correct. It's true, we're getting more pressure this season, but our DBs are also doing a much better job of playing the ball, not just the man.

Given his prior performance in years past it is no wonder the game plans were to test him thoroughly. Good for him to stand up to the challenge. Remember this is a guy who was benched for being torched. I do not know what the new staff is doing with him but clearly it is working. Even more amazing in that he is not getting a ton of over the top help. They are putting him out there 1 to 1 very frequently.

if I was a FS I'd be foaming at the mouth to play here. CB's able to play man up and even jam their receivers too... a ball hawking FS would clean up the field on any errant pass.

I would guess the targets are more about someone who isn't supposed to be a #1CB being on the #1 WR. I'm sure the same thing would happen to whoever had to replace Antonio Cromartie or Joe Haden if they got hurt.

5 pd's on 26 attempts....when did mckelvin learn to do that? The story of his career was he was always able to stay in position and with his man but couldn't ever stop the pass.

He looked real good against the kittys last week

Coming out of college he was known for pass break ups just not ints. They also said he was the best man coverage corner in that draft and we immediately had him playing zone. I'm starting to think it was our coaches that were dumb and not him.

Terrible coaching. I was always under the impression that our old DB coach sucked. Watching our DBs play this year, my impression is correct. It's true, we're getting more pressure this season, but our DBs are also doing a much better job of playing the ball, not just the man.

which is funny when you think back to the fact that one of his first coaches here was a DB and should have had the DBs as the best part of this team

I don't know if it is top level coaching, scheme, positional coaching, whatever... In addition to the overall defense looking vastly better 3 individuals stand out to me as completely resurrected.

McK was a phenomenal returner and a marginal nickel or dime DB. He's thus far looked like a solid starting NFL corner.

Moats was a lost soul bubble LB with a few flashes. He now looks to be a solid off the bench or starting ILB with great run stopping ability.

A Williams was statistically one of the worst DBS in the game, now he may prove to be a solid NFL safety.