Jerry Sullivan's article today

FLFan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sully bores me --- the article was dancing in the wind, like every week --- he always tries to "tweak" the players by bringing up comments from the coaches, trying to play gotcha --- I would love to go back and read the crap he wrote in the early 90's while watching the greatest run ever by a Bills team --- I heard players use to call him Mr Negative in the locker room

It was a very nice article. I'm even willing to look past him bringing up out past failures after big wins. But Jerry is a weathervane and he will turn in the first ugly wind.

PTR

No question about that, but I did like today's piece. That's one in a row.

How's Mario's judgement of women?

The guy fell in love with someone and you are holding that against him. I remember when I saw her on his initial visit, I thought he must really love this woman because she was not exactly a trophy wife. He even brought her to Buffalo to make sure she would like living in Buffalo (or wherever else he signed). Rather than hold it against him, I actually admire the guy. She clearly turned out different from what he had expected, but let he who has not made a mistake with choosing a girlfriend etc. cast the first stone.

Jerry tells it like it is with the Bills and Sabres, not how people wish it was. It's refreshing to have an objective view, not like the puff pieces the networks run because they're afraid to upset the leagues they broadcast.

The guy fell in love with someone and you are holding that against him. I remember when I saw her on his initial visit, I thought he must really love this woman because she was not exactly a trophy wife. He even brought her to Buffalo to make sure she would like living in Buffalo (or wherever else he signed). Rather than hold it against him, I actually admire the guy. She clearly turned out different from what he had expected, but let he who has not made a mistake with choosing a girlfriend etc. cast the first stone.

It was said he's better at everything than Jerry, now you're making excuses.

Edited by PastaJoe

Just read it - GREAT article. And I literally laughed out loud at this line about when EJ saw SJ wide open in the endzone on the final drive:

Hardened cynics wondered what might possibly go wrong. A drop? A penalty? The ground opening up and swallowing Johnson?

I KNOW there were fans thinking that something would have had to go wrong, there was no way it could actually end on the right side of things. And don't say you didn't think something might go wrong on the PAT. Or that the Panthers would do something with the final 2 seconds.

Jerry tells it like it is with the Bills and Sabres, not how people wish it was. It's refreshing to have an objective view, not like the puff pieces the networks run because they're afraid to upset the leagues they broadcast.

It was said he's better at everything than Jerry, now you're making excuses.

Sully, objective? Nope. Sully, knowledgeable? Not really. Has Sully had an agenda against Mario? Clearly (unless you have not been paying attention by reading his articles, listening to him on the radio, or reading his twitter feed).

Is this Jerry's dad?