Jerry Sullivan's article today

FLFan

Sully bores me --- the article was dancing in the wind, like every week --- he always tries to "tweak" the players by bringing up comments from the coaches, trying to play gotcha --- I would love to go back and read the crap he wrote in the early 90's while watching the greatest run ever by a Bills team --- I heard players use to call him Mr Negative in the locker room

It was a very nice article. I'm even willing to look past him bringing up out past failures after big wins. But Jerry is a weathervane and he will turn in the first ugly wind.

PTR

No question about that, but I did like today's piece. That's one in a row.

How's Mario's judgement of women?

The guy fell in love with someone and you are holding that against him. I remember when I saw her on his initial visit, I thought he must really love this woman because she was not exactly a trophy wife. He even brought her to Buffalo to make sure she would like living in Buffalo (or wherever else he signed). Rather than hold it against him, I actually admire the guy. She clearly turned out different from what he had expected, but let he who has not made a mistake with choosing a girlfriend etc. cast the first stone.

Jerry tells it like it is with the Bills and Sabres, not how people wish it was. It's refreshing to have an objective view, not like the puff pieces the networks run because they're afraid to upset the leagues they broadcast.

The guy fell in love with someone and you are holding that against him. I remember when I saw her on his initial visit, I thought he must really love this woman because she was not exactly a trophy wife. He even brought her to Buffalo to make sure she would like living in Buffalo (or wherever else he signed). Rather than hold it against him, I actually admire the guy. She clearly turned out different from what he had expected, but let he who has not made a mistake with choosing a girlfriend etc. cast the first stone.

It was said he's better at everything than Jerry, now you're making excuses.

Edited by PastaJoe

Just read it - GREAT article. And I literally laughed out loud at this line about when EJ saw SJ wide open in the endzone on the final drive:

Hardened cynics wondered what might possibly go wrong. A drop? A penalty? The ground opening up and swallowing Johnson?

I KNOW there were fans thinking that something would have had to go wrong, there was no way it could actually end on the right side of things. And don't say you didn't think something might go wrong on the PAT. Or that the Panthers would do something with the final 2 seconds.

Jerry tells it like it is with the Bills and Sabres, not how people wish it was. It's refreshing to have an objective view, not like the puff pieces the networks run because they're afraid to upset the leagues they broadcast.

It was said he's better at everything than Jerry, now you're making excuses.

Sully, objective? Nope. Sully, knowledgeable? Not really. Has Sully had an agenda against Mario? Clearly (unless you have not been paying attention by reading his articles, listening to him on the radio, or reading his twitter feed).

Is this Jerry's dad?

i was wondering if a thread would begin on this. when there was good stuff to write about it, he wrote about it. it's not his fault that there hasn't been any for a very long time. hopefully he'll have more to write about and yall will probably like him alot more. and does it take a saint to write about a saint or a villain to write about a villain? there were some very famous and accomplished writers that were well known a$$holes: hemingway, anyone? comparing sullivan and williams as people is just silly and i suspect based on very little knowledge of either.

I think Sully loves the Bills and wants them to do well. He's just cynical and sick of covering the same old story year after year.

Schopp is the same way. These guys are tired of their jobs and talking about the same stuff for so long, and never getting a playoff shot.

Jerry isn't my kind of guy, I'm an optimist and I don't hangout with or read stuff by the negative doom and gloom people. I prefer reading posters on this site vs guys like Jerry.

Just read it - GREAT article. And I literally laughed out loud at this line about when EJ saw SJ wide open in the endzone on the final drive:

Hardened cynics wondered what might possibly go wrong. A drop? A penalty? The ground opening up and swallowing Johnson?

I KNOW there were fans thinking that something would have had to go wrong, there was no way it could actually end on the right side of things. And don't say you didn't think something might go wrong on the PAT. Or that the Panthers would do something with the final 2 seconds.

I know I was scanning the entire field looking for the yellow hanky.

It was a very nice article. I'm even willing to look past him bringing up out past failures after big wins. But Jerry is a weathervane and he will turn in the first ugly wind.

PTR

This Edited by DDD

I appreciate the objective reading of his column. Unfortunately, Jerry poisoned his own well years ago with me. I just can't read him no matter what he writes. Guy could win the lottery and write a column complaining about the government's cut.

Edited by ndirish1978

PTR

Perfect description.

Jerry deals in ex post facto.

The next time he tells us something before it actually happens will be the first time.

He is not a keen observer.

Tells it like it is?

More like belaboring the obvious.

If you like writing without insight, knock yourself out.

Just got finished reading the article. Was very nicely done IMO.

I also agree with the poster that said everything was spot on except the part where he said that Newron had outplayed him until that last drive. If anything it was about even. EJ didn't light it up all day that's for sure, but he played pretty well.

X2

I hate him even getting clicks and it seems he has taught Bucky his "formula" F them both.

x3

During the Carolina game, shortly after Mario registered his 4th sack of the day, Jerry was quick to offer via twitter that "FWIW, Byron Bell is considered one of the worst tackles in the league."

Proves to me that he quite enjoys being a douchebag ... and the subtweet responses he got via twitter from Bills fans were quite amusing. One tame article won't Sully my disdain for his lazy writing and glass half-empty, hindsight-based opinions. Members of the chain crew know more about football than he does.

By telling it like it is Jerry simply offers an opinion not necessary

I try to practice and often fail:

Thoughtful

Helpful

Intelligent

Necessary

Knowledgeable

Before I speak

Jerry wants the bills to succeed like he wants his cold sore to go away. He didn't like what it is when he got it and he just wants it to go away but he can't because he knows he will get it again. The only problem is he keeps scratching it. JS is a cold sore and only bothers you when he is inflamed.