Robert Woods= One tough mutha

Webster Guy

Thought he was more of a finesse guy but Robert Woods showed who he really was today.

This guy is gonna be special.

He and EJ #1 and #2 picks might end up being a famous draft for Bills nation.

Don't forget Kiko Alonso in there, too. The guy had 10 tackles, a sack and pick today, along with a TFL and a QB hit. If he were playing in New England (a la Jerrod Mayo), they'd have already anointed him DROY.....

Edited by MattM

Wood developing into a second WR (opposite Stevie) who is a real part of the offense is huge. While we had a million problems that was as big a problem as ever and to fix it with one draft pick will be big. Hopefully he continues to get better and we have 2 good WRs.

We may have grabbed the best QB and the best receiver in the draft last year. Four WR's picked ahead of Woods, (Tavon Austin, deAndre Hopkins, Patterson and Justin Hunter)

Woods is so smooth already--hands (that 2 point conversion catch was sweet), route running, separation, and today he showed that he's got the Fred Jackson I-am-an-nfl-baller gene with his blocking and attitude out there. He hit that D-back headfirst and put the guy out of the game.

Love watching the rise of great players like this kid.

Wood developing into a second WR (opposite Stevie) who is a real part of the offense is huge. While we had a million problems that was as big a problem as ever and to fix it with one draft pick will be big. Hopefully he continues to get better and we have 2 good WRs.

Agreed. I wish we'd take a look at Easley instead of Graham tho

We may have grabbed the best QB and the best receiver in the draft last year. Four WR's picked ahead of Woods, (Tavon Austin, deAndre Hopkins, Patterson and Justin Hunter)

Woods is so smooth already--hands (that 2 point conversion catch was sweet), route running, separation, and today he showed that he's got the Fred Jackson I-am-an-nfl-baller gene with his blocking and attitude out there. He hit that D-back headfirst and put the guy out of the game.

Love watching the rise of great players like this kid.

DeAndre Hopkins has been awesome so far.

If Woods was faster he would have been a first round pick.

What he lacks in blazing speed he makes up for in reliability. I'm thrilled he's with the Bills.

That was a great catch on the 2 point conversion.

Blazing 40 speed and blazing football speed is somewhat two different things. Woods is fast and always has been. DBs don't run him down from behind. He consistently got open deep in college. Do scouts and GMs really believe that the 3-4 times a season a player with 4.35 speed gets a foot ahead of a defender and MAY make a play by six inches is better than the 3-4 times a game a player like Robert Woods gets a foot ahead by being quicker and running better patterns and getting out of his cuts better and reading coverage better?

I said, in another thread, I watched about 4 USC games over the summer, that were re-run on the Big 12 network...having never really seen a lot of Woods before, I was watching to see him specifically. I was blown away by how physical the kid was. He really likes contact, and seems to enjoy blocking and, in general, mixing it up with opponents...he plays with an attitude we haven't seen from any Bills receivers in some time.

Though, I realize, he is a bit lighter, and his NFL career is just starting, at the time I kept thinking he reminded me a bit of Anquan Boldin. In my book, that is a great thing...I hope it translates to the pro game....he was overshadowed a bit, at USC, by Marquise Lee (more of a speed-burner) but Woods could not only catch the ball in traffic, but he was involved in nearly every play he was on the field, whether touching the ball or not...I think we are in for good things with him! Very good things...like what I am seeing of him in the NFL so far...

Edited by Buftex

Robert Woods is already a very good NFL player. I loved the pick when it happened but he has exceeded my expectations as a rookie NFL WR. Not a lot of them succeed immediately. He's a highly skilled player.

He played like Hines Ward!