Johnny Manziel RULES!!! Declares for NFL draft

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After this past disappointing season, maybe we should take a QB every round, just for safety sake. That way we won't have to archive every friggin free agent QB to hit the unemployment line when two or three of our regulars are hurt. At least all of them will be somewhat familiar with our system when they start their first game.

I think he's going to get exposed big time & have all his teammates hate him but it will be interesting, that's for sure.

There's definitely a new breed of QBs with attitude entering the league. It started with Cam Newton, then RGIII, and now you have Johnny "football" Manziel this year with Jameis Winston soon to follow. These guys seem to love the attention and adulation a little too much. Newton probably finally learned that he needed to tone the "it's all about me" vibe and that's why they're in the playoffs. Gees, take look at how fast RGIII star has fallen. You can tell his team mates really don't like his diva attitude from what you read coming out of DC.

Regardless of whether he's the answer or not for the Buffalo Bills, I'm glad that EJ Manuel is a no drama kind of a QB.

A positive take on Manziel's NFL potential from a guy who understands that you play to win the game.

http://espn.go.com/n...-2014-nfl-draft

love this and is why he will succeed; from the article :

"Manziel at least has the advantage of already understanding life in a fishbowl, and that will help him as he builds his own NFL legacy. He's gone from a nobody who was hoping to win a job in college to a legend who has earned the right to be considered among the top picks in this year's draft class. Manziel did all that because he spent the past two years believing in the power of hard work and serious focus. That same formula will create even more success for him once he takes his game to the next level."

@ESPNNFL

Johnny Manziel is currently projected by Todd McShay to go 4th overall in the 1st round of the NFL Draft to the Cleveland Browns.

BOO :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Rob Johnson part II

:doh: :doh:

Johnny Football is Joe Namath with knees

Interesting comparison. I like the kids' game.

I see him as a combination of Favre (controlled chaos) and Brees (crafty).

Fans will want to pull their hair out often but will love his fight, moxie, arrogance and knack for the big play.

There's definitely a new breed of QBs with attitude entering the league. It started with Cam Newton, then RGIII, and now you have Johnny "football" Manziel this year with Jameis Winston soon to follow. These guys seem to love the attention and adulation a little too much. Newton probably finally learned that he needed to tone the "it's all about me" vibe and that's why they're in the playoffs. Gees, take look at how fast RGIII star has fallen. You can tell his team mates really don't like his diva attitude from what you read coming out of DC.

Regardless of whether he's the answer or not for the Buffalo Bills, I'm glad that EJ Manuel is a no drama kind of a QB.

Rg3's teammates dislike him? The same teammates that voted for him for the Ed Block courage award?

RG3 is going through the classic ESPN "build them up and if things go wrong, tear them down" phase. Case in a few points. Tebow wins games, everyone loves him at ESPN and talks about him incessantly. Tebow gets cut and traded? Now he sucks and every "analyst" hates him and reports fly off the shelves about the controversy he has "created" (read: ESPN created).

To an even crazier extent. look at Tom Brady this season. Lost a couple games, played some stinkers and everyone turned on him. Tommy was yelling at his teammates on the sidelines? "Just a lack of leadership from a veteran player." "I can't believe Tom is losing his cool like that, is this the end of his era?" Once he turned it around and won a bunch, the media was back to "struggled through adversity and is proving why he's one of the best." Just watch, if RG3 goes back to the playoffs next year, the media will put him right back on a pedestal and love him and there will be no malcontents at all reported.

If Manziel wins, there will be no drama. If Manziel loses, they'll beat him down. It's how they generate content.

Tim Tebow??

The Barbarian QB camp is mighty crowded indeed.

"Barbarian QB Camp" sounds like an amazing reality show idea. Do you want to go in on this, KD?

BB selects QBs to engage in feats of strength and leadership. One gets thrown off a rocky cliff each week. One lucky winner will become the Raiders' third stringer.